LB Jeremi Powell Transfers

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There will be others who are invited to explore other options.

When your DC moves the free safety to MLB instead of playing you, the writing is on the wall.

Law, I agree....but Powell was actually a very good ST's player and he was injured last half of this season. We will be under the scholarship limit again next season, so I would have liked to see him return. He actually got on the field in non-STs situations this year (before he was hurt). I know he's not a star, but he was still valuable depth at a position where we literally have no depth.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Walkons can and have played STs. He isnt valuable depth if safeties and walkons are in front of him.

If Mac wanted him, Im sure we could have convinced him to stay. I agree with the decision to use the scholly elsewhere.

He was promised 4 years and unfortunately used every one.

I agree the title is misleading. They just pulled the scholly.

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last year's class wasn't very strong at LB and we needed it to be. I was OK with it because Mac did a helluva job pulling that class together. I also figured we'd load up this go around. If we don't I might have to go all T Rex or Ryan Joseph in here.

We've already got one on campus and two more committed. I'm certain we'll grab at least one more, if not two (one of those hopefully being Wilson). If we only pick up one more commit that will give us 4 for this class. It looks to be a pretty good LB class for us.

It''ll still be an scary position for us next year since 2 of the 4 LB's returning are seriously injury prone and 1 other was highly recruited but has accomplished very little since arriving here. That basically leaves us with:
- Davis
- 2 good but injury prone linebackers (Rolin, Anzalone)
- a limited contributor (McMillan)
- a 2 star redshirt frosh
- and whatever freshman we sign this year

I don't even wanna think about Davis declaring for the NFL. That would be devastating for the position for next year. Linebacker may be our Achilles heel next year. On the other hand, if Rolin and Anzalone could manage to stay healthy for a whole season, linebacker play could turn out alright. I'd be fine with rolling out Davis, Anzalone and Rolin as our starters. Rolin appears to be the weakest of the 3 but I also think that may be because he's seen very little action. Those 3 would appear to be a pretty group with some of the newer guys adding depth and giving them breathers.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great breakdown Alagator. We're on thin ice if Davis leaves. Maye leaving might hurt just as bad as he's been great in run support.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We've already got one on campus and two more committed. I'm certain we'll grab at least one more, if not two (one of those hopefully being Wilson). If we only pick up one more commit that will give us 4 for this class. It looks to be a pretty good LB class for us.

It''ll still be an scary position for us next year since 2 of the 4 LB's returning are seriously injury prone and 1 other was highly recruited but has accomplished very little since arriving here. That basically leaves us with:
- Davis
- 2 good but injury prone linebackers (Rolin, Anzalone)
- a limited contributor (McMillan)
- a 2 star redshirt frosh
- and whatever freshman we sign this year

I don't even wanna think about Davis declaring for the NFL. That would be devastating for the position for next year. Linebacker may be our Achilles heel next year. On the other hand, if Rolin and Anzalone could manage to stay healthy for a whole season, linebacker play could turn out alright. I'd be fine with rolling out Davis, Anzalone and Rolin as our starters. Rolin appears to be the weakest of the 3 but I also think that may be because he's seen very little action. Those 3 would appear to be a pretty group with some of the newer guys adding depth and giving them breathers.

What's all that noise there, Alagator … you taking a Zumba class ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Great breakdown Alagator. We're on thin ice if Davis leaves. Maye leaving might hurt just as bad as he's been great in run support.
Maye moving to SS could drastically improve his future and ours. However, I'm afraid most NFL scouts are well aware he is playing out of position.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.