LDR is your QB

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully, Corral will be our backup next year. This is a very complicated offense and I can't imagine Corral learning it in half a year.
It's hard for see complicated offense. Where and the hell are the complicated plays being called. We finally saw a little razzle-dazzle when LDR was brought it but everything called up to then, AND for the last 2 years as well, has been as bland as I am.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Why? Last night provided a clear picture on how this team should move forward. Instead of playing musical chairs
Mac will start LDR. The problem is LDR's ceiling is so low. You won't beat any of the good teams with him. Franks has a higher ceiling but you have to be willing to take some lumps. Mac feels the pressure. There's not enough time for Franks. The noise is loud.
Good point. Franks could potentially earn the job back due to LDR being benched.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
He changed the complexion of the offense after the pick. Everything looked quicker, crisper, tighter with him in command. You'd have to be blind not to see the difference behind Del Rio. The third-down (or was it fourth down?) completion across the body was absolutely clutch.

He's the starter until he gets injured.
^^^^^^^^ This! Franks can't run the whole playbook because he doesn't know it and it shows. I remember someone saying that he didn't know the playbook before the season started...i wonder who that was :scratchchin: :lol:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Do you honestly see things that black and white? Multiple changes were made in both personnel and play calling once Del Rio was brought into the game. We know exactly who Del Rio is and if that's what you want to settle for, this will be a long season.

I know the best software developer in the world, except he has no arms and can't type. How does it help the team if Del Rio knows the playbook, but can't execute?
He executed a HELL of alot better than Franks and will continue to do so if he's in there. Del-Rio is limited physically and i can't stand his punk a$$...but he is the best we have at the moment. Btw....I will take a physically limited player over a mentally limited player anyday!

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He executed a HELL of alot better than Franks and will continue to do so if he's in there. Del-Rio is limited physically and i can't his punk a$$...but he is the best we have at the moment. Btw....I will take a physically limited player over a mentally limited player anyday!

I really didnt think we would ever see Del Rio take another snap here but I cant say I was disappointed. Franks appeared flustered. I want Franks to develop because we need him to. That being said, I think Luke is our new starter.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The sad truth is this: a healthy Luke Del Rio is the best we have at the QB position. It sucks, but that's where we're at as a program right now.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
He executed a HELL of alot better than Franks and will continue to do so if he's in there. Del-Rio is limited physically and i can't his punk a$$...but he is the best we have at the moment. Btw....I will take a physically limited player over a mentally limited player anyday!
I'm trying not to look at LDR in a vacuum (i.e. last night), but adding this to his entire career at UF. The future is and always will be bleak with LDR at the helm. Is Franks limited today? Of course, the guy is a R-FR and has started three games in his college career. Instead of casting Franks off to the pine, coach to his strengths, build his confidence and lean on play makers (Toney and Davis). This is what good coaches do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The sad truth is this: a healthy Luke Del Rio is the best we have at the QB position. It sucks, but that's where we're at as a program right now.
Im not disagreeing but if we werent so damn predictable and were blowing out the teams we should be, then we could slowly bring Franks along.

Franks is probably still 1-3 more years away. Thre is really no excuse for him not knowing the playbook at this point. He may nit be able to execute it but he should know it and not be the one turning the wrong way on screens, not being able to get the players lined up, not setting the line before snap etc.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
He is the best option for the coaching staff because he doesn't need to be coached (in terms of learning the playbook). He is a band aid for this staff to hide the fact they aren't player developers. A play that sticks in my mind was an egregious false start penalty (I think it was in the fourth quarter) where Del Taco hiked the ball while Ivey and another olineman were still standing up!

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Based on the look on Mac's face lately he knows he doesn't have another year or two to wait on Frank's to develop. He's got to win now and it's not even close right now who gives him the best chance to beat Vanderbilt. He's got to go with Del Rio and mix in a heavier dose of Toney. Frank's may be a good qb eventually, but it won't be by next Saturday.
Also if your silly enough to think we would have won last night if we'd left Frank's in there then you've probably got a lot worse things going for you in life than worrying about who the starting qb should be.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Del rio did the same thing against ky as he did last year. Look good against them. He'll do the same thing for the next 2 months that he did for those two months last season as well. Stink out loud.

Get ready.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Del rio did the same thing against ky as he did last year. Look good against them. He'll do the same thing for the next 2 months that he did for those two months last season as well. Stink out loud.

Get ready.

Likely. I will be pulling for his success regardless. I would rather develop Franks.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Likely. I will be pulling for his success regardless. I would rather develop Franks.
agreed, it's very obvious we aren't competing for anything this year and will not win against good teams. Use the fact that we aren't going to be in contention for a title regardless and develop a kid with a much higher upside.

Nah... who am I kidding. Let's just throw transfer U out there some more and prolong the misery.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's only a matter of time before LDR tells the fans they don't know a damn thing or some other swipe. I expect it to happen at some point this week. When there's a microphone in his face, he can't help but pop off about his true feelings, and he absolutely disdains Gator fans.

Boos will probably rain down on him at home this weekend when he's introduced.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Get ready.

Why do you suppose that is? It's because SEC defenses figured out our line is like a sieve and Del Rio isn't good at sensing the rush, because he lacks foot speed and because he makes bad decisions under pressure. And, yes, expect more of the same from opponents.

It'll be interesting to see if he's improved his ability to deal with the rush because it's coming.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
It's only a matter of time before LDR tells the fans they don't know a damn thing or some other swipe. I expect it to happen at some point this week. When there's a microphone in his face, he can't help but pop off about his true feelings, and he absolutely disdains Gator fans.

Boos will probably rain down on him at home this weekend when he's introduced.
He takes a lot of heat for a guy with a pretty good win/loss ratio. He's pretty salty about his reputation but I simply don't think the fan base believes in him regardless.

I don't remember Applebees getting nearly as much flak for a guy who was much much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator