LDR is your QB

T REX

He takes a lot of heat for a guy with a pretty good win/loss ratio. He's pretty salty about his reputation but I simply don't think the fan base believes in him regardless.

I don't remember Applebees getting nearly as much flak for a guy who was much much worse.

Appleby>Del Rio

Much much worse? Drugs are bad, m'kay.

BNAG8R

I don’t care
I just don’t know what I want anymore.

Del Rio probably gives us the best chance to win next week.

Franks, with experience, is probably our best chance against humpers and clowns IF he can get playing time and the game can slow down for him. That’s the big IF...can he “get it”? I know he’s only RSF, but he’s been here 18 months (he was an EE, right?) and he looks LOST. I worry he is what his reputation is...a kid that has trouble with processing what’s in front of him. Driskel 2.0.

So - ride LDR and salvage what we can, or try to continue getting Franks valuable experience for the back half of the season.

jdh5484

Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
giphy.gif

jdh5484

Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member

Del Rio probably gives us the best chance to win next week.

Franks, with experience, is probably our best chance against humpers and clowns IF he can get playing time and the game can slow down for him. That’s the big IF...can he “get it”? I know he’s only RSF, but he’s been here 18 months (he was an EE, right?) and he looks LOST. I worry he is what his reputation is...a kid that has trouble with processing what’s in front of him. Driskel 2.0.

So - ride LDR and salvage what we can, or try to continue getting Franks valuable experience for the back half of the season.

Put in Franks as a diversion and occasional long ball. He's perfect for that.
LDR is the game manager.
A couple of youngins have stepped up as weapons.
If the OL can block, we may be ok this year.
Franks doesn't have "it". Much like Brantley. Although Franks does have a heck of an arm.

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
@Ox, I couldn't care less about dislikes, but the board would improve if a user was forced to write a response when they click dislike. It would be interesting for users to defend dislikes and provide additional content for debate. It would also filter out the rando's that bring nothing to GC. Just a thought.
giphy.gif

jdh5484

Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Why do you suppose that is? It's because SEC defenses figured out our line is like a sieve and Del Rio isn't good at sensing the rush, because he lacks foot speed and because he makes bad decisions under pressure. And, yes, expect more of the same from opponents.

It'll be interesting to see if he's improved his ability to deal with the rush because it's coming.
They will pin their ears back and come after Del Rio. Knock him down a few times and it definitely affects his game. Give him time, and he can produce. The OL has to block.

Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Aside from the pick, his decisionmaking was fast and sharp last night. He doesn't look the same. His dropback is quicker and his release is quicker. He even threw across the body on the run, which is unlike him. I want to see him over a few games before I decide if he really is new and improved, but he sure looks it.

jdh5484

Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Aside from the pick, his decisionmaking was fast and sharp last night. He doesn't look the same. His dropback is quicker and his release is quicker. He even threw across the body on the run, which is unlike him. I want to see him over a few games before I decide if he really is new and improved, but he sure looks it.
I didn't see the game I saw some of the highlights. He telegraphed and followed the receiver on the pick. He jumped and threw from his back foot on the last touchdown. Not advisable.
Still ... he's the best we have.

Captain Sasquatch

Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
I didn't see the game I saw some of the highlights. He telegraphed and followed the receiver on the pick. He jumped and threw from his back foot on the last touchdown. Not advisable.
Still ... he's the best we have.
There wasn't a defender in the same county as Swain, he could have tossed it up and headed the ball to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.