Lebron going back to Cleveland

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
It's really frustrating that I can't go to the last post of this thread! It automatically just takes me to the top of page 2. I'm assuming because it was merged?
Same here.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave said:
I'm just glad that circus is over.
You're probably right. It has been non stop on ESPN. It's almost like it isn't even baseball season.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n12693] This move perplexes me. Did he get more money from Miami than Houston was offering? The Heat's trendline is down no matter how you look at it. Why would he want to stay?[/QUOTE] The current team can usually offer one more year than any other team can offer. When you look at a guy Bosh's age, you have to think that his next contract won't be a max deal so it makes sense to sign for as many years as he can now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n12741 said:
It's really frustrating that I can't go to the last post of this thread! It automatically just takes me to the top of page 2. I'm assuming because it was merged?
It's because two large threads were merged. Tell your fiance not to bump old threads and force me to merge them.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
[QUOTE='78;n12693] This move perplexes me. Did he get more money from Miami than Houston was offering? The Heat's trendline is down no matter how you look at it. Why would he want to stay?
The current team can usually offer one more year than any other team can offer. When you look at a guy Bosh's age, you have to think that his next contract won't be a max deal so it makes sense to sign for as many years as he can now.[/quote]Yep. The Miami offer has one more year and 30 million more dollars.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n12538 said:
Im still 50/50 on Melo and Chicago...we've been spurned too many times by free agents since the Jordan years for me to believe it quite yet.
Sources now saying Pau Gasol is close to signing a deal with the Bulls.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
[QUOTE='78;n12693] This move perplexes me. Did he get more money from Miami than Houston was offering? The Heat's trendline is down no matter how you look at it. Why would he want to stay?
The current team can usually offer one more year than any other team can offer. When you look at a guy Bosh's age, you have to think that his next contract won't be a max deal so it makes sense to sign for as many years as he can now.[/quote]I find it hard to believe his current contract is max.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Swamp Queen;n12741 said:
It's because two large threads were merged. Tell your fiance not to bump old threads and force me to merge them.
why so much hate? everyone take a chill pill

StPeteGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This doesn't make up for the epic dis of the hour long show to dump the Cavs 4 years ago. Still a douche.

G

Gatornation561

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see now how this move made sense. Lebron was trying to solidify his legacy, make his wife happy, & win at the same time. I love how all the geniuses are acting like they knew this was going to happen. I can only judge lebron by his past actions and that is going to play with his friends, going to the best teams, etc. this move to Cleveland makes no sense if lebron is trying to win. Their new coach runs an offense designed around jump shots and Cleveland only has 2-3 good players. They will make it far off lebrons talents but probably won't win it all unless the league decides to step in and help.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatornation561 said:
I can see now how this move made sense. Lebron was trying to solidify his legacy, make his wife happy, & win at the same time. I love how all the geniuses are acting like they knew this was going to happen. I can only judge lebron by his past actions and that is going to play with his friends, going to the best teams, etc. this move to Cleveland makes no sense if lebron is trying to win. Their new coach runs an offense designed around jump shots and Cleveland only has 2-3 good players. They will make it far off lebrons talents but probably won't win it all unless the league decides to step in and help.
If the pacers don't resign Stevenson the Cavs will win the east

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
"There's no place like home" until you get there. Or "home is were you come from, for dreams of going to, which with any luck will never come true."

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatornation561 said:
Not a chance Cleveland will win the East. Not enough players around LeBron. It'll be Indiana, Miami or Chicago, which nicely addressed shooting needs through the addition of McDermott, Gasol and Mirotić.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
The current team can usually offer one more year than any other team can offer. When you look at a guy Bosh's age, you have to think that his next contract won't be a max deal so it makes sense to sign for as many years as he can now.[/quote]Bosh and his socialite wife really like Miami (apparently unlike Ms. James.) He's also said he intends to play until he's 36 or so - he might be planning for this to be his last contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator