Lemons Decommits, then REcommits, then REdecommits

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Proud to say that, while I initially and naturally supported him as UF's coach, I was never a huge fan of the hire, specifically his uga roots and the some of the contrived hires like Weis. Was on record questioning his intelligence after the introductory pres conference(where every sentence ended with "'aight"). Officially ended any shred of support on the ride home from Jax in year 1, where he basically threw away 20+ years of dominance and mental ownership. Went on a rant the next week about his not instructing Demps to get a first down but not to score, almost costing us the Vu game. And had a well documented, lengthy bashing of the way he handled the Mike Davis recruiting situation post the fsu game, where he proved once and for all that he was in well over his head.

Do I win?:dunno:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The ineptness of the offense in that game still boggles my mind.

Classic mushcamp ineptitude.

1) Start a running back that had missed most of camp being sick and still wasn't 100%--in 99 degree midday miami heat-- instead of Brown, who'd played fairly well the week before. Fumbles, giving opponent a short field and swinging momentum on opening drive.

2) Have one of your Dlinemen commit a critical personal foul extending the opponent's first drive on 3rd down, resulting in a TD. An extension of lack of discipline exhibited along the sidelines.

3) Have one of your safeties(you know, the guys you're directly responsible for coaching) give up a TD by not being within 20 yards of the WR.

Driskel was awful in that game. But we were screwed from the beginning because of WM.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Proud to say that, while I initially and naturally supported him as UF's coach, I was never a huge fan of the hire, specifically his uga roots and the some of the contrived hires like Weis. Was on record questioning his intelligence after the introductory pres conference(where every sentence ended with "'aight"). Officially ended any shred of support on the ride home from Jax in year 1, where he basically threw away 20+ years of dominance and mental ownership. Went on a rant the next week about his not instructing Demps to get a first down but not to score, almost costing us the Vu game. And had a well documented, lengthy bashing of the way he handled the Mike Davis recruiting situation post the fsu game, where he proved once and for all that he was in well over his head.

Do I win?:dunno:

B-. Not bad but it's missing something. How on earth can you leave out the boorish obnoxious sideline behavior every fall Saturday?
images

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lost mine after losing to an Al Golden coached Miami team

Yep. I never once felt he could lead a championship team. Getting out coached by Golden against a less talented team
made it that obvious we needed to move on.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In the HC selection process, I did not have the knowledge about potential coaches to assert my
own opinion, so I paid attention to all the posts. All those posts were very knowledgeable, but none
of our predictions mentioned Will Muschamp. His name hit us "out of the blue" = nobody was actually
for WM. = trust your instincts ?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
He lost my support when he hired Cheeseburger Charlie. Smelled of desperation right from the start.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did Mac have the team ready to play Vanderbilt?
Did Mac have the team ready to play FAU?
Did Mac have the team ready to play Michigan?

Inquiring minds want to know.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
This is exactly why I don't follow recruiting until about a week before NSD. Teenagers are idiots and most of the ones that are being offered scholarships to play football are in the bottom 25% of the idiot sector.
I know, they do the craziest things.....like kidnapping and armed robbery on dirt roads. :jerkstore:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I'm not sold on him yet. But I'm not selling yet either. I was selling on Chump after the first season. That 11-2 season was a total charade.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Glad to see we still have one Muschump :nutswinger:. Hold on tight, bro. You might have something to brag about this year at S. Carolina.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was his 2nd season

Maybe I worded that wrong. Yes I know that. I was done with Chump after the first season which is why I never bought into the hype of the second season where we went 11-2.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to see we still have one Muschump :nutswinger:. Hold on tight, bro. You might have something to brag about this year at S. Carolina.

My post has zero indication of being a Chimp nutswinger....braugh

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
This is exactly why I don't follow recruiting until about a week before NSD. Teenagers are idiots and most of the ones that are being offered scholarships to play football are in the bottom 25% of the idiot sector.

Does this mean a 3-star idiot is less idiotic than a 5-star idiot? I think I'm beginning to understand Coach Mac's recruiting strategy now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.