Les Miles cries to SEC offices about late contact

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ockgator;n300550 said:
Kicker with knee on ground throwing a forwards pass (conflicting statements whether it's ok or not)

The rules say it's legal if the kicker is in position to kick the ball. That's where the translation gets ugly. Clearly the kicker was no longer in a kicking position when the ball was thrown to him. IMO it's an illegal play as soon as the kicker moves out of his kicking position. Same for the fake they used back when Urbs was here. The kicker was clearly no longer in a kicking position when the holder tossed the ball over his head to the kicker. The SEC or NCAA needs to clarify the rules better or the officials need to do a better job of making sure teams using fakes are staying within the rules. IMO, Les Miles goes beyond pushing the rules with his designed fakes. He probably knows it, but nobody has called him on it yet officially.

I agree. I hope JMac is saving a huge folder full of replay footage to send to the SEC at the end of the season to ask them WTF is up with the SEC officials and their refusal to call games without bias because the Gators have been getting a lot of raw deals this year from the officials.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ockgator;n300550 said:
I hope we sent tape of (In no particular order)....
Fumble recovery (which was reviewed) I told my family it wouldn't be a fumble if at the barn
Pass called incomplete (was not reviewed) Clearly see evidence of field grass, rubber, whatever where our receiver touched field with his toe inbounds with possession
False start on wildcat play (not reviewed)
Punch
Kicker with knee on ground throwing a forwards pass (conflicting statements whether it's ok or not)

... and geez a fake field goal when we've got the fake kicker ?

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I don't think I've ever heard more complaints about officiating from a winning team. They are saying we were holding on every play and grabbing LF7's facemask on every play to go along with these referenced plays. I know that we pushed him back a few yards after the play but I don't remember throwing him to the ground, I feel like the majority of the time he was standing when we stopped. I love reading how it should have been a blowout if not for 2 special teams gaffes to give us points. They seem to have amnesia about their special teams score and a BS hail mary to basically end the half, a play that would have be intercepted 9 out of 10 times. I really want a rematch with this team in Atlanta to shut them up.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately a rematch featuring Harris would probably end the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n300831 said:

:facepalm:

Honestly, you're probably not wrong but it would be nice for some of you to have a little more faith in our CURRENT coaching staff.

For me, I'd like to think that while Treon is not as good as Will our coaches will have Treon at a better place in December than he was vs LSU.

And let's not forget, Will himself wasn't great. But he was progressing.

And that's all we can hope for this early in the year, this early in a new coaching regime, and having any possible starter sharing reps with nearly the same level of competition from a possible second starter.

IGTBAFG

:chomp:

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n300831 said:

It's very well possible but I'd like our chances. Treon would have a half season as starter under his belt to get the reps he hasn't really had since last year, it wouldn't be in Death Valley and now our coaching staff has been baptized to Les' fakes. Stopping LF7 would still be a struggle though and LSU is a good team so anything can happen.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ItsDookie87;n300846 said:
It's very well possible but I'd like our chances. Treon would have a half season as starter under his belt to get the reps he hasn't really had since last year, it wouldn't be in Death Valley and now our coaching staff has been baptized to Les' fakes. Stopping LF7 would still be a struggle though and LSU is a good team so anything can happen.

Well having LF7 going through a whole SEC season might help slow him down. :dunno:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
WobbleGator;n300851 said:
Well having LF7 going through a whole SEC season might help slow him down. :dunno:
They're not beating Bama so it doesn't matter. When/if we get to ATL it will be Saban and Co waiting for us, not the corndogs.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n300871 said:
They're not beating Bama so it doesn't matter. When/if we get to ATL it will be Saban and Co waiting for us, not the corndogs.

Depends on how well the QB's play for each team.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
WobbleGator;n300924 said:
Depends on how well the QB's play for each team.
Neither one is too good, but I'd take Coker and Bama's receivers at home over Harris and LSU on the road.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n300958 said:
Neither one is too good, but I'd take Coker and Bama's receivers at home over Harris and LSU on the road.

The road teams actually do pretty well in this rivalry.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n300962 said:
The road teams actually do pretty well in this rivalry.

Yeah, but Bama plays much more diciplined defense than we do. LSU won't be getting any junk over on them like they did to us.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n300989 said:
Yeah, but Bama plays much more diciplined defense than we do. LSU won't be getting any junk over on them like they did to us.
That sounds like us before the game. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator