Founding Member
Okay.

142-55, .721 career
One national title
Two SEC titles
Finished first in the SEC West three times
Career percentage leader in "fourth down when pulling it out of your ass"

Yeah, he sucks.

He lost 2 games the year he won a NC...while it still counts that’s as weak as it comes

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Ask yourself this,

Who better, that would go to KU?

Some of y'all are outrageous. I predicted it would happen and it's a good fit.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With respect OX,

I've never personally met Les or Coach O but there people speculate on their IQ all the time.

And true what I said had nothing to do with intelligence of Miles.

So let me ask you this, what does IQ have to do with Football IQ? What does IQ have to do with winning?

I'd take Les Miles or Ed Orgeron over MusChump or Butters any day...Not that I want them for UF.

Dan Marino was a great QB but his intelligence was very much in doubt..but the boy was a baller.
Whaaaa? Well, he must've been awfully lucky to amass those HOF numbers while lacking it upstairs. Hell, he pinned the only loss on my '85 Bears on Monday night.

I say BS. I sat down not once, but two times with Marino for lengthy interviews. The man is anything but thick skulled. He's bright, articulate and knows the game of football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
By God he did go 10*-4 but only once. What a maroon.
OH NO YOU DONT.
I was told that under the Butters rule, he gets wins for cancelled games.

As a matter of fact, under the Muschump Rule the bowl losses dont count and under Butters Rule 2.0 the SECG losses dont count either.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think the average Wonderlic score for QB’s is around 21, so 15 isn’t that hideous. Timmy had a 20, I believe.

Vince Young had a 6 or 7. Now that’s dumb.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I think the average Wonderlic score for QB’s is around 21, so 15 isn’t that hideous. Timmy had a 20, I believe.

Vince Young had a 6 or 7. Now that’s dumb.

OX,

My point was not to knock Marino. My point is outsiders constantly question people like Orgeron, Miles, Marino, Doug Williams...for IQ WHY?

Again, Though Les Miles may be odd, I don't think he is dumb. He has 70% + Winning Record. He may be Old School but that does not mean he can't be effective.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

AgingGator

Oct 3, 2018

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The boy wants to coach not sit. He gave up $5 mil for this job.

Former LSU coach Les Miles agreed to a settlement with his previous school on Thursday; he will receive a one-time lump sum payment of $1.5 million after an original agreement would have paid him $6.5 million total through 2023.

Les Miles agrees to buyout settlement with LSU; will he be coaching again soon?
I find this impossible to believe.

I was assured by PDS, UAA counsel, that one could NOT write covenants not to compete or offset provisions for salaries if they take another job.

So weird that LSU is smarter in writing coaching contracts than we are. What does that say about us? Dumber than cajun corndogs.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

I was assured by PDS, UAA counsel, that one could NOT write covenants not to compete or offset provisions for salaries if they take another job.

So weird that LSU is smarter in writing coaching contracts than we are. What does that say about us? Dumber than cajun corndogs.

You said it.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017

The difference is Les Miles is an honorable man, Chump and Mac are not. Spurrier walked away from millions too. It takes an honorable man to do that.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The difference is Les Miles is an honorable man, Chump and Mac are not. Spurrier walked away from millions too. It takes an honorable man to do that.
Ill agree with this. Les isnt long on intelligence, and when he speaks its physically painful to watch. His offenses are stuck in the 1940s and he is one supremely weird dude, but hes a good dude. Hes not some scumbag that sweet talks your mama, then sneaks in through the rear window and bangs your little sister in the dead of night. There's a lot of scumbag HCs in the college ranks - people like dumbo, meyer, petrino, harbaugh, etc. Miles is definitely not one.

That being said, Id still take a scumbag winner over a milesesque honorable loser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.