Let’s Talk Positives

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The positives are the recruiting. We will never be better than fourth or fifth in the conference without the recruiting. We now have the best recruiting we’ve had in over a decade.

They need to be better in the portal. They did well on the defensive side, but not in the OL transfers. George is not good. And I’m not sure about Mazzucca. He’s either not good or he still hurt.

Regardless, we need to focus all of our portal efforts on OL.

We should be much better next year. And we should beat teams we should beat. BUT we’re still two years from competing with SEC heavyweights.

I hope but Billy doesn’t like the portal other than to fill out spots similar to Dabo. Problem is our two OL coaches suck on all fronts.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I hope but Billy doesn’t like the portal other than to fill out spots similar to Dabo. Problem is our two OL coaches suck on all fronts.
He's going to have to get several OLs (good ones) from the portal or we'll struggle again next year.

He also needs to get rid of one or both of the OL coaches and hire someone that can recruit.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This is early and might be met with may dislikes, but IMO if Sam Pittman were to be let go as HC by ARKY, I offer to make him the highest paid asst. coach on the UF staff, give him any title he wants and let him coach the O-Line only. He is a good O-Line coach and we desperately need one. I am sure he would be highly sought after, but since he has not been relieved of his duties by ARK, it is only speculation.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is early and might be met with may dislikes, but IMO if Sam Pittman were to be let go as HC by ARKY, I offer to make him the highest paid asst. coach on the UF staff, give him any title he wants and let him coach the O-Line only. He is a good O-Line coach and we desperately need one. I am sure he would be highly sought after, but since he has not been relieved of his duties by ARK, it is only speculation.
Yeah. This is a no brainer.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well maybe he and BN can go grab some grub and have a discussion while he's in town. If he gets canned after UF, it's the least we could do.

In all seriousness, it would be a great move.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
My concern is that BN may have loyalties to his staff that will influence his ability to honestly evaluate them as asst coaches. I mean, he still thinks he can put together an affective off. game plan and call plays.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
My concern is that BN may have loyalties to his staff that will influence his ability to honestly evaluate them as asst coaches. I mean, he still thinks he can put together an affective off. game plan and call plays.

Well he did get rid of, or encouraged Toney to go after last year, and I think they were real close. So that does give me some hope he'll do something about the o-line coaches after this season.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Well maybe he and BN can go grab some grub and have a discussion while he's in town. If he gets canned after UF, it's the least we could do.

In all seriousness, it would be a great move.
Hell, I told Dan Enos' brother to let Danny know if he still wants to go to the game on Saturday, I have an extra ticket in the student section... I think we could get @stephenPE to set up a fancy breakfast for all parties involved at The Clock fine dining on Main Street to hash things out!

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
will smith empty room GIF

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Only thing worse than Brian Kelly pushing our sht in is using a QB named nussmeier to do it.

:suicide:
I didn't say we wouldn't still get embarrassed, just not as bad. I'm sure old Nussy will be on the bench by the 3rd qtr with a career day watching the 3rd string guy lighting this defense up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator