Let's go after Pinkel

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n114464 said:
Just so you know his record is almost identical to Gundy's. And fyi we just fired a defensive minded run first guy.

Yeah but he won today.......Gundy, well not so much. You're talking about 2 guys headed in opposite directions if you ask me. Bielema's offenses were always a little run heavy but they also threw well when they needed to. He would be a perfect match for what we have coming back IMO.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Vols bein Vols...
65FF3BBF-55AD-44BF-98F7-09DCF38DFD36_zpsprqm8c8g.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n114473 said:
Yeah but he won today.......Gundy, well not so much. You're talking about 2 guys headed in opposite directions if you ask me. Bielema's offenses were always a little run heavy but they also threw well when they needed to. He would be a perfect match for what we have coming back IMO.
It's the brand of football that they are likely to get away from imo. And thank goodness.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was Pinkel the coach as Mizzou, when they had a football player that went on a sexual assault rampage....and they kept playing him?

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n114438 said:
I knew I could get a rise out of you. :lol: :yes:

They are going to get their asses kicked by Arkansas next week. If they happen to back into the SECCG anyway, they will get crushed like bugs.

Not a rise, just an answer. What's your response when they don't get their asses kicked by a team that's 2-17 in the SEC? Predictions of Mizzou's death have been over -exaggerated for the last 2 years.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Pinkel is a good coach, but we don't need any coach who is over 60 starting out here as head coach. Pinkel is 62. Now if he wants to retire in a few years and bring his money to the Sunshine State then come on down brother.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well I just hope that everybody remembers how much they wanted something that never works for very long, throwing 40,50 and 60 times a game, what good is it scoring 50 every week when you give up 60 ?? Our problems have lied more with evaluating talent, play calling and deficiencies in recruiting offensive linemen than anything else...

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n114504 said:
Pinkel is a good coach, but we don't need any coach who is over 60 starting out here as head coach. Pinkel is 62. Now if he wants to retire in a few years and bring his money to the Sunshine State then come on down brother.

OK, so those are good points. Mizzou is probably his last stop.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n114506 said:
Our problems have lied more with evaluating talent
WTF...and Pinkel rhymes with Finkle...enough said

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
jereed16;n114508 said:
OK, so those are good points. Mizzou is probably his last stop.

Good coach though. A lot of traditional SEC fans didn't give Mizzou much respect when they first entered the SEC. But if the Tigers beat Arkansas then it looks like they will be SEC Eastern Division Champions two times in a row. Pretty good work right there.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well I just hope that everybody remembers how much they wanted something that never works for very long, throwing 40,50 and 60 times a game, what good is it scoring 50 every week when you give up 60 ?? Our problems have lied more with evaluating talent, play calling and deficiencies in recruiting offensive linemen than anything else...

you don't know nothing about coach they've lost 4 o-linemen and he's down to his 3rd string qb. They had won 50 games in 5 years going into this season. And before his stud qb went down they were on their way to another 10plus win season. And his offenses are always balanced he's had plenty of 1,000yard rushers. And our deficiencies have been in the passing game and the lack of continuity on the offensive side of the ball .

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
crosscreekcooter;n114525 said:
WTF...and Pinkel rhymes with Finkle...enough said

Give me a break Cooter, it's late and I'm trying to sell everyone on a new coach...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n114527 said:
you don't know nothing about coach they've lost 4 o-linemen and he's down to his 3rd string qb. They had won 50 games in 5 years going into this season. And before his stud qb went down they were on their way to another 10plus win season. And his offenses are always balanced he's had plenty of 1,000yard rushers. And our deficiencies have been in the passing game and the lack of continuity on the offensive side of the ball .

T, I know you're probably caught up in the pinball numbers that guys like Sweeny, Gundy and Sumlin put up....it doesn't work for long in the SEC. Two of the 3 do it in conferences that are loaded with piss poor defenses. Sumlin is losing that edge already and I think he will fired by the end of next year. You cannot completely abandon power football in the SEC....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n114675 said:
T, I know you're probably caught up in the pinball numbers that guys like Sweeny, Gundy and Sumlin put up....it doesn't work for long in the SEC. Two of the 3 do it in conferences that are loaded with piss poor defenses. Sumlin is losing that edge already and I think he will fired by the end of next year. You cannot completely abandon power football in the SEC....

Whoa swinney is garbage. Also ok st ran the ball 43 times and threw it 25 last night. Hes not off of the Mike leach coaching tree. His style of play reminds me a lot of spurrier is why I like him. And that has lasted a long time in the sec. Definitely not my first choice but he's better coach than some of you guys are giving him credit for.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Okay enough with the Gary Stinkel talk....

I live about 30 minutes away from Columbia and let me give you guys some information about this moron. First off he is not a high character guy that Foley would like. The night he got his DUI he was with another lady, not his wife.

Secondly, lets get some facts straight about his record. HE NEVER WON THE BIG 12. Won an easy north division but never was able to compete when he got into the title game, as for his record in the east, the first year when the east was actually decent, they were hammered by almost every team except UK and TN...Go look at the overall record of the SEC East, I love our Gators but the fact that we finished third in this division shows how bad it really is. This is also the same team that was a few boneheaded plays by South Carolina and Vandy from having three SEC losses, do I need to mention that Georgia went to Columbia and hammered this team?

The worst thing you could ever wish for is this guy coaching your team.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

That sounds just like something Muschamp would say.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Head, you need to take a look at some film from the Florida Gators. We used to throw the ball all around the stadium and beat the pizz out of everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator