Let's go after Pinkel

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n114473 said:
Yeah but he won today.......Gundy, well not so much. You're talking about 2 guys headed in opposite directions if you ask me. Bielema's offenses were always a little run heavy but they also threw well when they needed to. He would be a perfect match for what we have coming back IMO.

This is comic gold. Do you actually know what we have coming back? It sure in hell doesn't scream run heavy, power offense.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
chferg;n115025 said:
This is comic gold. Do you actually know what we have coming back? It sure in hell doesn't scream run heavy, power offense.

Yeah the comic gold line is getting overused lately. So what you're saying is we have a great short range accuracy QB, great pass blocking linemen and a bevy of quality WR's ??? No maybe you should take a look at what's coming back. I'll give you a hint. We have 4 quality RB's, a couple of decent run blocking offensive linemen and a QB who seems to be able to hit a deep ball every now and then off play action.....Yeah, let's throw it around the yard 50 times a game:rolleyes:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n115018 said:
Concrete Head, you need to take a look at some film from the Florida Gators. We used to throw the ball all around the stadium and beat the pizz out of everyone.

Law, that worked great from 90-97, after that the league caught on. That's why SOS doesn't run the same thing at USCe......it just doesn't work anymore. Even when it was working we passed to get an early lead and then mostly ran the ball after that. Sure SOS couldn't resist going deep a time or 2 when up big but it was just more practice for the QB than any statement about "throwing the ball all over the yard" as people make it seem. If you want a loser Leach/Mumme/Gundy type guy than good for you, but you'll be bitching within a year or so, believe it. Oh and make sure when you call out about how great the SOS years were, give due credit to guys names Rhett, Jackson and Taylor that were just as important to the success of those teams as any WR or QB.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Clearly you haven't watched any of his teams play. And completely ignored any fact I threw outthere. I get why they call you concrete helmet

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n115069 said:
Clearly you haven't watched any of his teams play. And completely ignored any fact I threw outthere. I get why they call you concrete helmet

Yes T, I get it, I get it. Gundy and guys like him will never win a NC because they don't know how to call and coach power football....Show me one, just one NC team that wasn't a power running mostly play action passing team......

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n115059 said:
Law, that worked great from 90-97, after that the league caught on. That's why SOS doesn't run the same thing at USCe......it just doesn't work anymore. Even when it was working we passed to get an early lead and then mostly ran the ball after that. Sure SOS couldn't resist going deep a time or 2 when up big but it was just more practice for the QB than any statement about "throwing the ball all over the yard" as people make it seem. If you want a loser Leach/Mumme/Gundy type guy than good for you, but you'll be bitching within a year or so, believe it. Oh and make sure when you call out about how great the SOS years were, give due credit to guys names Rhett, Jackson and Taylor that were just as important to the success of those teams as any WR or QB.

Spurrier's best years were where we rushed more than we passed. How important was Graham to the 2001 team, he missed the only two games we lost. How did Rhett become the school's all time leading rusher, it wasn't throwing it all the time. C-Head is right on this one, no one dimensional team is going to win it all on a consistant basis, FSU was an exception not the rule.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TheDouglas78;n115090 said:
Spurrier's best years were where we rushed more than we passed. How important was Graham to the 2001 team, he missed the only two games we lost. How did Rhett become the school's all time leading rusher, it wasn't throwing it all the time. C-Head is right on this one, no one dimensional team is going to win it all on a consistant basis, FSU was an exception not the rule.

Bo Carroll and Gilispie weren't really power backs but contributed nicely in the late 90's. Graham was one of the toughest runners for his size that we've ever had.....By the way FSU had Freeman who was decent and Wilder who was so so last year. They could run the ball on most teams. I don't really put them in the same pass happy category as the Mummy/Leach/Briles/Sumlin guys who will never win a NC......Say it with me Gators, balance and power, balance and power

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n115099 said:
Bo Carroll and Gilispie weren't really power backs but contributed nicely in the late 90's. Graham was one of the toughest runners for his size that we've ever had.....By the way FSU had Freeman who was decent and Wilder who was so so last year. They could run the ball on most teams. I don't really put them in the same pass happy category as the Mummy/Leach/Briles/Sumlin guys who will never win a NC......Say it with me Gators, balance and power, balance and power

The fact they passed about 69% of the time is why they are the exception.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n114526 said:
Good coach though. A lot of traditional SEC fans didn't give Mizzou much respect when they first entered the SEC. But if the Tigers beat Arkansas then it looks like they will be SEC Eastern Division Champions two times in a row. Pretty good work right there.
Yeah, I remember some dumazzes talking about chasing the Couchburneers or Big East joke teams.

Mizzu can be dangerous. They have two large metropolitan areas to recruit from (KC and STL). They can offer that SEC ticket to all those kids in the midwest (but still allow them to be close enough so mama can watch their games) and continue to hurt us for a while.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n114438 said:
I knew I could get a rise out of you. :lol: :yes:

They are going to get their asses kicked by Arkansas next week. If they happen to back into the SECCG anyway, they will get crushed like bugs.

Backed in??? They have only lost one SEC game. How do you back in when you are winning all but one of your conference games?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n115331 said:
Backed in??? They have only lost one SEC game. How do you back in when you are winning all but one of your conference games?

Wobble lets face it.....the entire East has been ass backwards for the last 2 season. Bama will beat them 60-0 when their playoff ticket is on the line in Atlanta.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n115335 said:
Wobble lets face it.....the entire East has been ass backwards for the last 2 season. Bama will beat them 60-0 when their playoff ticket is on the line in Atlanta.

I am not saying the West won't roll over the East, just that if Mizzou makes it in, they earned it. They didn't back into it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n115099 said:
I don't really put them in the same pass happy category as the Mummy/Leach/Briles/Sumlin guys who will never win a NC.
The reason the Mumme/Leach/Horgorsen guys will never win anything is two fold:

1. They run a spread and like all spreads, they fail in the redzone
2. They don't give two craps about defense. They recruit a bunch of receivers and when they fail they get moved to safety and CB. TEs move to LB. They don't even tackle in practice. They play 3-3-5 defenses.

SOS took a while to get a good DC and develop a solid defense, but these Mumme Jrs show no interest whatsoever.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n115377 said:
The reason the Mumme/Leach/Horgorsen guys will never win anything is two fold:

1. They run a spread and like all spread's, they fail in the redzone
2. They don't give two craps about defense. They recruit a bunch of receivers and when they fail they get moved to safety and CB. TEs move to LB. They don't even tackle in practice. They play 3-3-5 defenses.

SOS took a while to get a good DC and develop a solid defense, but these Mumme Jrs show no interest whatsoever.

Which is why we don't need a coach like Gundy or Rich Rod.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n115382 said:

Rich Rod, no doubt. He's trash. He wouldn't be a good hire even if he hadn't failed already at Meechigan. His defenses have always been embarrassing.

Gundy has had some defenses though. And he's a man. That's important.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n115414 said:
Rich Rod, no doubt. He's trash. He wouldn't be a good hire even if he hadn't failed already at Meechigan. His defenses have always been embarrassing.

But he is no longer 40?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
T Gator in 5,4,3,2 to tell us how all of the injuries this year have contributed to his 6 game losing streak....

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n115414 said:

Gundy's best defense was ranked 31st. Other than that, I don't think he's had a defense in the top 50% of CFB.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n115425 said:
T Gator in 5,4,3,2 to tell us how all of the injuries this year have contributed to his 6 game losing streak....

Because injuries don't matter ok.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n115382 said:

Coming from biggest muschamp nutswinger on the board. Your credibility is garbage

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.