Local Media starting to turn on Napier: Spurrier speaks

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
good heart, good intentions, showed more desire than that last lazy bum, but at the end of the day, he can't walk the walk, doesn't have what is needed to lift a program like UF back to prominence. Not as good as he thinks he is... he might one day be a good Power 5 coach, but the constant mistakes, the stubbornness of sticking with assistants that weren't cutting it along with questionable play calling shows he needed more time as a HC back in the Sun Belt,
Wait, I'm confused... specifically, which of our past coaches are you referring to?

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Bush...who you arguing with? I think you are aggressively agreeing with all of us.

No. Some here think if we improve out talent, we are going to Atlanta and the playoffs.

Not gonna happen with this staff. BN could have uga level talent and still not see Atlanta. Talent is completely separate from COACHING. Remember the pundits used to say Steve Spurrier could beat you with his players and could beat you with your players.

NOBODY says that about BN.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Oh My God Wow GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Are we better on the OL?
That’s the biggest question. It depends a lot on:

1. How Waites, Harris and Kearney have matured/progressed.

2. Can George be productive inside?

3. How the transfers and/or Jones pan out at OT.

4. Is Westphal able to contribute meaningful snaps?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
That’s the biggest question. It depends a lot on:

1. How Waites, Harris and Kearney have matured/progressed.

2. Can George be productive inside?

3. How the transfers and/or Jones pan out at OT.

4. Is Westphal able to contribute meaningful snaps?

1. Yes
2. Did he officially move? He's never played snaps there in a college game. Even after a brief spring stint at G at Bama he was at tackle.
3. Remember the hype on last year's OL transfers? Nowhere near hyping an honorable Big 12 mention and a transfer from Bama who was awful at Bama this year. Maybe Jones.
4. After all the "you can't play true freshmen OL in the SEC" nonsense I've seen for years (ignoring all the precedent including LSU's two true freshmen tackles to beat Bama in 2022), it would be deliciously ironic if we did. Also, it would be an indictment on the talent brought in so far that our hopes are on 24/7's #12 OT. I mean I hope he's great, just going to say I don't think he's a big reason why this OL succeeds or doesn't.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

The man is completely clueless. The only time he’s ever showed any passion in his life was when Dabo told him instead of calling the plays, his job was going to be to check the magic 8 Ball to see if it agrees with the play the real OC called. After a few games he figured out he was being played so decided he wanted to duke it out with Dabo lol. This wasn’t enough of a clue for Swishy Scott?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The man is completely clueless. The only time he’s ever showed any passion in his life was when Dabo told him instead of calling the plays, his job was going to be to check the magic 8 Ball to see if it agrees with the play the real OC called. After a few games he figured out he was being played so decided he wanted to duke it out with Dabo lol. This wasn’t enough of a clue for Swishy Scott?
It doesn’t matter at this point. Like Ox has said numerous times, he either sinks or swims this season. If he wants to go at it with an anchor on his hip so be it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Very Funny. That was a terrible Billy Taggert impersonation. Forget that the voice was awful, but at least the guy could have talked at Sling Blade speed to make it award worthy. Sling Blade talks an inch a minute not a mile.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
1. Yes
2. Did he officially move? He's never played snaps there in a college game. Even after a brief spring stint at G at Bama he was at tackle.
3. Remember the hype on last year's OL transfers? Nowhere near hyping an honorable Big 12 mention and a transfer from Bama who was awful at Bama this year. Maybe Jones.
4. After all the "you can't play true freshmen OL in the SEC" nonsense I've seen for years (ignoring all the precedent including LSU's two true freshmen tackles to beat Bama in 2022), it would be deliciously ironic if we did. Also, it would be an indictment on the talent brought in so far that our hopes are on 24/7's #12 OT. I mean I hope he's great, just going to say I don't think he's a big reason why this OL succeeds or doesn't.
True. Just laying out questions I see.

I’ve heard some buzz that they might try George inside but nothing official. George seems slow and shockingly susceptible to the bull rush at his size.

I think we’ve got potential for a decent interior.

But there are too many questions at OT. Barber is the experienced guy but didn’t play great. Everything is “if/maybe.”

I don’t expect Westphal to start, but you’re right. If he does, he will have passed a lot of guys.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
True. Just laying out questions I see.

I’ve heard some buzz that they might try George inside but nothing official. George seems slow and shockingly susceptible to the bull rush at his size.

I think we’ve got potential for a decent interior.

But there are too many questions at OT. Barber is the experienced guy but didn’t play great. Everything is “if/maybe.”

I don’t expect Westphal to start, but you’re right. If he does, he will have passed a lot of guys.
I figured, tried answering as best I could.

George should be inside. There's a big narrative everywhere and has been since he proved to be a failure OT transfer, that he has always been a guard and Billy moved him out of necessity, that's 100% false. I have to throw that out for why I ask about it. I'm not saying that's your belief.

Potentially, yes. Slaughter was decent at C last year and at one point was our highest rated OL. I'd have to recheck the finish. But then lots of ?'s at Guard with the starters gone.

Barber needs to move back to RT. Sometimes, people can only work one way, nothing against it myself. Another way is maybe he's not a good switch hitter at tackle. Maybe RT is his thing.

Start, contribute, however, he'd pass a lot of guys and be an indictment on OT for the last few seasons (which wouldn't shock most people).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.