Local Media starting to turn on Napier: Spurrier speaks

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Name a single person who thinks that. Name names.

My first post in this was quoting YOU. You are crowing that we are better at every position and thinking we are going to be better that last year. We won't be because of WHO is coaching. Atlanta? A little hyperbole. Not like you and the rest of this board doesn't engage in that.

The POINT.

Better talent isn't going to matter. 25 games in and he hasn't shown the nads to be a top level coach. Better to cut bait now than have 4 losing seasons in a row, something I never thought I would see at UF. But alas, we are in for yet another subpar season.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We need a Gator HC, and our best option signed with Washington. We need someone to emphasize winning again, not creating men.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
The worst Gators coach in 80 years, by a wide margin.
I don't think he has any notion that he is so bad at his job. He's trying to band aide his already poor hires and cheating our players and fans. Moved this guy Hocke to a useless position to keep him on the payroll. WTH? Two OL coaches remain and it's probably the poorest talent unit on the team. Makes no sense. Can't believe Stricklin is watching this mess without telling Bwilly to make some tough decisions. Simple going to ride this thing then collect his money. Maybe he gets a gig next to sMullen on tv.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My first post in this was quoting YOU. You are crowing that we are better at every position and thinking we are going to be better that last year. We won't be because of WHO is coaching. Atlanta? A little hyperbole. Not like you and the rest of this board doesn't engage in that.

The POINT.

Better talent isn't going to matter. 25 games in and he hasn't shown the nads to be a top level coach. Better to cut bait now than have 4 losing seasons in a row, something I never thought I would see at UF. But alas, we are in for yet another subpar season.
"Crowing"? That's funny.

I said we are better at every position and will be better this year than last year. That's true, I stand by that. However, that ain't saying much coming off a losing season. Better talent DOES matter, even with sh!tty coaching. Only an effing fool would say otherwise.

It's gotten to the point that I want to see Napier succeed solely to see the heads explode of people like you. You're currently unhinged. We may have to perform an intervention and get you into some kind of treatment program.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You're currently unhinged. We may have to perform an intervention and get you into some kind of treatment program.

I’d like to help. Bushmaster needs our support to get through this and I can’t imagine not being there for him. If not though, it’s cool. I actually have a lot going on right now.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Very Funny. That was a terrible Billy Taggert impersonation. Forget that the voice was awful, but at least the guy could have talked at Sling Blade speed to make it award worthy. Sling Blade talks an inch a minute not a mile.
Uhhh....

1707510170716.png

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I figured, tried answering as best I could.

George should be inside. There's a big narrative everywhere and has been since he proved to be a failure OT transfer, that he has always been a guard and Billy moved him out of necessity, that's 100% false. I have to throw that out for why I ask about it. I'm not saying that's your belief.

Potentially, yes. Slaughter was decent at C last year and at one point was our highest rated OL. I'd have to recheck the finish. But then lots of ?'s at Guard with the starters gone.

Barber needs to move back to RT. Sometimes, people can only work one way, nothing against it myself. Another way is maybe he's not a good switch hitter at tackle. Maybe RT is his thing.

Start, contribute, however, he'd pass a lot of guys and be an indictment on OT for the last few seasons (which wouldn't shock most people).
(if I remember correctly) Slaughter graded out at around 75% or so per PFF That’s above average. The rest of the OL was in the mid to low 60’s

Edit: I’m waiting for 247 or someone to write a position group summary heading into spring. Seems to me QB is upgraded (from one guy better than Max Brown to 3 guys better than Max Brown.) For the rest of the groups, who did we add, who did we lose and who is developing into contributing roles?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Very Funny. That was a terrible Billy Taggert impersonation. Forget that the voice was awful, but at least the guy could have talked at Sling Blade speed to make it award worthy. Sling Blade talks an inch a minute not a mile.
It’s at 1.5x speed. Which is hysterical. About as fun as playing Ben Shapiro at .5 speed.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’d like to help. Bushmaster needs our support to get through this and I can’t imagine not being there for him. If not though, it’s cool. I actually have a lot going on right now.
Big Hero GIF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It’s at 1.5x speed. Which is hysterical. About as fun as playing Ben Shapiro at .5 speed.
Thanx. I clearly do not understand the Tweeter. But in all seriousness, even at Super speed, the voice of the play by play Putz sounds like his, but the voice of Sling Blade does not sound like Karl at all.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When it’s all said and done between the abysmal record, absurd contract and horrendous display of football it will leave absolutely no doubt . Sunbelt Billy Bob is the absolute worst hire in the history of college athletics.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Fellas, I truly believe he gets ‘25 irrespective of this years results. Strick ain’t firing him this year. He needs this to work out. He’s biased and compromised. Only chance taggert is canned is if strick goes at the same time. And yes I’ve said the same shyte before.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, I truly believe he gets ‘25 irrespective of this years results. Strick ain’t firing him this year. He needs this to work out. He’s biased and compromised. Only chance taggert is canned is if strick goes at the same time. And yes I’ve said the same shyte before.
They are both gonna be gone.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When it’s all said and done between the abysmal record, absurd contract and horrendous display of football it will leave absolutely no doubt . Sunbelt Billy Bob is the absolute worst hire in the history of college athletics.

Worse than Mike Price? How do you top a newly hired guy getting canned after a famous night out with hookers and blow?

On second thought, that may actually put him on the best-of list.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Worse than Mike Price? How do you top a newly hired guy getting canned after a famous night out with hookers and blow?

On second thought, that may actually put him on the best-of list.
The absolute worst . Dude makes Sly Croom look like Coryell . A doctor I know recently opined about watching a Billy Bob football team , he called it breathtaking. I don’t know if he had too much time in the pool or was just trying to be nice .It’s my contention it was the lobster in his scrambled eggs that made him delirious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator