Look for more decommitments

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One thing I've yet to understand in my years on Gator boards is why it's such a negative to be positive. For some reason being positive is a signal for people to pounce. Misery loves company, I suppose.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n61134 said:
One thing I've yet to understand in my years on Gator boards is why it's such a negative to be positive. For some reason being positive is a signal for people to pounce. Misery loves company, I suppose.

It drove me crazy as far as JD goes because watching him ever since he has started it has been clear he doesn't have what it takes so it just made me even angrier at the coaches for leaving him in there reading the comments trying to justify that he was a decent QB. I think that has about ended now.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:

It drove me crazy as far as JD goes because watching him ever since he has started it has been clear he doesn't have what it takes so it just made me even angrier at the coaches for leaving him in there reading the comments trying to justify that he was a decent QB. I think that has about ended now.
I really meant it more in general, but I understand where you are coming from. This thread for example is titled "look for more decommitments" and no one has even decommitted. It's being negative for the sake of being negative IMO.

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n59630 said:
A bullshiiit thread title. Spin much?

The thing is, a loss at TN, a tailspin through UGA/USCe, or a blowout at FSU and gators will be in open revolt. Now isn't the time anyway.

Who was it said that boosters are in Foley's ear? Sasquatch? THEY make a difference. We don't.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I'm generally a positive person, and always want to see the Gators win. The reason you see such frustration is that, at this stage, there is little if any genuine reasons to believe WM is even remotely cut out to be the HC here. And yet, many of the same people(whose opinions I usually respect) are on here posting the same things they were posting last year at this time. I also think that there is a legitimate argument as to whether or not the Muschamp supporters really have UF's best interest at heart. That's not to imply that they consciously don't want UF to succeed, but rather that they've become so consumed in defending WM and repeating the same "can't wait till he rights the ship" lines, that they fail to see the bigger picture. Outside of a miraculous turn of events(like reaching ATL), we will have one of the worst recruiting classes since probably 2002, which will only further the slide. It's cfb. You don't just turn on a dime. There are no free agent signings. Again, assuming we eventually have to make a switch at HC, every month that passes puts us that much further out from success. For someone like me, that thought literally makes me nauseous.

Misery will end the minute there's something actually to be positive about.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator said:

I'm generally a positive person, and always want to see the Gators win. The reason you see such frustration is that, at this stage, there is little if any genuine reasons to believe WM is even remotely cut out to be the HC here. And yet, many of the same people(whose opinions I usually respect) are on here posting the same things they were posting last year at this time. I also think that there is a legitimate argument as to whether or not the Muschamp supporters really have UF's best interest at heart. That's not to imply that they consciously don't want UF to succeed, but rather that they've become so consumed in defending WM and repeating the same "can't wait till he rights the ship" lines, that they fail to see the bigger picture. Outside of a miraculous turn of events(like reaching ATL), we will have one of the worst recruiting classes since probably 2002, which will only further the slide. It's cfb. You don't just turn on a dime. There are no free agent signings. Again, assuming we eventually have to make a switch at HC, every month that passes puts us that much further out from success. For someone like me, that thought literally makes me nauseous.

I don't see anyone supporting Muschamp other than saying we are 3 games into a 11 game season and we are 2-1. We have to let the season play out, if he doesn't perform then he is gone, if he does he stays. I don't know if that is supporting Muschamp over the University.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
So nobody actually decommitted after the Bama game?
Adonis Thomas, a guy Alabama still wants and probably has room for tweeted something about "Decisions to be made." after the game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n61320 said:
We have to let the season play out, if he doesn't perform then he is gone, if he does he stays.
Can we really afford recruiting-wise to let the season play out? I think we all know how it's going to end. Let Roper take over for the rest of the season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n61328 said:
Can we really afford recruiting-wise to let the season play out? I think we all know how it's going to end. Let Roper take over for the rest of the season.

If he proves he can't preform it won't hurt more now then then making the change. Recruiting is going to be hit either way. Making an interm coach, doesn't make that guy the head coach. The only way it would be positive if Muschamp isn't the answer is if we early announce (similar to Meyer hire) the new coach before the winter recruiting season.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n61328 said:

Think he's basically making my point above. You can't just let things play out, and make a move in early December. Won't work. By the time we land someone, 90% of the top talent will have either made a decision or have a top 3-4 teams. It's doubtful that we would make that list with a new HC, with whom they have zero rapport. I'm also not really sure what he's done to deserve another full season. We didn't give Zook that much rope. We had 3 losses on the season when Foley pulled the plug, and it was good that he did it when he did. Get a leg up on the other programs that will have an opening as well.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n61305 said:

It's more than Muschamp and Driskel. There were complaints when Meyer was here and we were beating people by 40. Oh Tebow runs too much, why can't we have a 1,000 yard WR, Grossman does cocaine in the club bathrooms. People will find anything to complain about.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yup. Standards aren't set on paper or with words. Standards are set by what an organization or a leader puts up with. This isn't the third game of a season, it is the 4th year of a tenure, and it isn't working. It is not good. Firing Muschamp now sends the message that the product does not meet the standard around here, which in turn tells recruits thinking about Florida that this is still a prime place to play football. Conversely, putting up with mediocrity tells everyone watching that we are ok with it, no matter how tough Foley and others may talk. Words are words and actions are actions.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n61370 said:
It's more than Muschamp and Driskel. There were complaints when Meyer was here and we were beating people by 40. Oh Tebow runs too much, why can't we have a 1,000 yard WR, Grossman does cocaine in the club bathrooms. People will find anything to complain about.

There's no comparing Meyers tenure here with muschamps. You can't act like these complaints are unreasonable. Yea there's always going to be unhappy campers. But when 90 percent of the fan base is unhappy,there's a problem

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n61345 said:
Think he's basically making my point above. You can't just let things play out, and make a move in early December. Won't work. By the time we land someone, 90% of the top talent will have either made a decision or have a top 3-4 teams. It's doubtful that we would make that list with a new HC, with whom they have zero rapport. I'm also not really sure what he's done to deserve another full season. We didn't give Zook that much rope. We had 3 losses on the season when Foley pulled the plug, and it was good that he did it when he did. Get a leg up on the other programs that will have an opening as well.

And in 2013 if he was broken off then most would agree with you, but he was given the season. But the damage of him staying is here, there isn't going to be a better rapport between now in December. Foley said he was given the season, by early November we will know where that puts us (similar to Zook to Meyer transition). They aren't going to pull the plug on a 2-1 coach they stuck their neck out to keep especially with a Eastern division so weak as it currently is.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n61382 said:
And in 2013 if he was broken off then most would agree with you, but he was given the season. But the damage of him staying is here, there isn't going to be a better rapport between now in December. Foley said he was given the season, by early November we will know where that puts us (similar to Zook to Meyer transition). They aren't going to pull the plug on a 2-1 coach they stuck their neck out to keep especially with a Eastern division so weak as it currently is.

Well, to be fair, we just went from "the season" to "early November"(uga game). I'm ok with that. Basically what we did with Zook.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n61370 said:

There were frustrations in those cases that would be found on any message board in America, regardless of team or year. Those times were nothing like the present. Not even close.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n61411 said:
Well, to be fair, we just went from "the season" to "early November"(uga game). I'm ok with that. Basically what we did with Zook.

Should have been clearer on my meaning. By November we will either be in the SEC East hunt or not. If we are not in the SEC Championship Game he deserves to go. Like Zook they knew that in November.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n61416 said:
Should have been clearer on my meaning. By November we will either be in the SEC East hunt or not. If we are not in the SEC Championship Game he deserves to go. Like Zook they knew that in November.

I would agree.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, I'm really not comparing the Meyer and Muschamp tenures, my main point is that people always find a reason to complain, and if you are positive it's seen as a negative.

Side note: I thought more people would appreciate my Grossman joke.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If a Georgia loss is our 4th loss Foley would go ahead and pull the trigger I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.