Looking forward to having you all in SL, UT

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
Hopefully many of you can make it to SLC for the season opener. AND hopefully this winter will eventually end (its the most snow we've had in 40 years). We will welcome you all to our tailgates and offer you some great beer from our booming craft beer scene. See y'all on August 31!

Attachments

• u.jpg
    u.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 10

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
Looking forward to winning again.
certainly could be the case. We will likely be breaking in a new QB (Rising tore his acl and had it repaired). It will be interesting to see how the Gators handle the altitude (almost a mile). The heat wont be an issue, it will likely be over 100 at kickoff, but dry, probably 10% humidity. So drink loads of water and lotion up (even my skin cracks). We are looking forward to hosting you all and showing the same hospitality you showed us. Hell we might even be up for sharing a wife or two and doing some soaking.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
certainly could be the case. We will likely be breaking in a new QB (Rising tore his acl and had it repaired). It will be interesting to see how the Gators handle the altitude (almost a mile). The heat wont be an issue, it will likely be over 100 at kickoff, but dry, probably 10% humidity. So drink loads of water and lotion up (even my skin cracks). We are looking forward to hosting you all and showing the same hospitality you showed us. Hell we might even be up for sharing a wife or two and doing some soaking.
You had me at sharing a wife or two

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hell, I'll say it and incur the full wrath for saying so: Rising is a straight up baller... loved watching him all season whenever a game was on TV.

PS Your fans that I and Son #1 interacted with at the game last year were great, and I'm pretty sure we ran into and talked to Kyle Whittingham and his wife at Loosey's the night before the game and had no idea who they were.

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
Hell, I'll say it and incur the full wrath for saying so: Rising is a straight up baller... loved watching him all season whenever a game was on TV.

PS Your fans that I and Son #1 interacted with at the game last year were great, and I'm pretty sure we ran into and talked to Kyle Whittingham and his wife at Loosey's the night before the game and had no idea who they were.
Rising has been awesome for us. Hopefully he can make it back for the game vs. the Gators. He tore the ACL in the first game v U$C and played through it until the rose bowl when it finally took him out. Fingers crossed.

We have fun and that's great to hear that our fans were great. Over in our section the Gator fans were really great. Some of the students were interesting, but the day after the game, they all were very apologetic, it wasn't needed, but was nice. It was a great experience in Gainesville and I would for sure go back.

Kyle is a great dude. It probably was him. If he had huge calves, it was likely him. He is a legend out here but still goes around town and lives his life. He is always great to talk to.

Hopefully you can make it out west in the summer. If so, be sure to make it a long weekend (the game is Thursday, as of now). Go check out Moab and the national parks, you wont regret it. Also, it might be the last year that the Colorado river is flowing since we finally got some snow again.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Nothing but respect for Rising - though his last pass in The Swamp was pretty inexplicable - as he goes all out on the field.

Mrs G and I were toying with going, but we have a lot of travel over the next few months and will probably give it a miss. Like you we had great interactions with the Ute fans; unbelievably nice. Their lack of knowledge about alligators was hilarious.

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
Nothing but respect for Rising - though his last pass in The Swamp was pretty inexplicable - as he goes all out on the field.

Mrs G and I were toying with going, but we have a lot of travel over the next few months and will probably give it a miss. Like you we had great interactions with the Ute fans; unbelievably nice. Their lack of knowledge about alligators was hilarious.
Yeah dumb pass for sure.

We know nothing about alligators! I would love to learn more. I have seen a few, luckily I got to see some when I was out there, but we are more knowledgeable with Elk, Moose, Black Bears, Mountain Lions, Rattle Snakes, Black Widows and Scorpions out here.

We had fun with Gators fans. They were always willing to toss us a beer when we ran out and even let us do their beer bongs. Those were some fun times while drying off after the rain a few hours before the game.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Rising has been awesome for us. Hopefully he can make it back for the game vs. the Gators. He tore the ACL in the first game v U$C and played through it until the rose bowl when it finally took him out. Fingers crossed.

We have fun and that's great to hear that our fans were great. Over in our section the Gator fans were really great. Some of the students were interesting, but the day after the game, they all were very apologetic, it wasn't needed, but was nice. It was a great experience in Gainesville and I would for sure go back.

Kyle is a great dude. It probably was him. If he had huge calves, it was likely him. He is a legend out here but still goes around town and lives his life. He is always great to talk to.

Hopefully you can make it out west in the summer. If so, be sure to make it a long weekend (the game is Thursday, as of now). Go check out Moab and the national parks, you wont regret it. Also, it might be the last year that the Colorado river is flowing since we finally got some snow again.
Speaking of obnoxious students, my son’s fraternity had a big banner hanging in front of their house that mocked polygamy and a certain religious group from Utah. groups of Utah fans throughout the day would ask if they could take their picture in front of it, to which my son would say sure and then the second they took pic, he’d say “Now get the hell off of my lawn.” Given that calling the patch of weeds and dirt a lawn was extremely generous, most everyone realized he was kidding and laughed. The last group he said it too actually took him seriously and scurried away at a high rate of speed. He laughed of course, but felt bad about later.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like a great tailgate.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints encourages Mormons to abstain from alcohol, such as gin, vodka, whiskey, rum, brandy, and other alcoholic beverages.

The Church teaches that alcohol consumption is contrary to the teachings of Jesus and the Word of Wisdom, a guide to health and wellness found in the Doctrine and Covenants of the Church.
As stated in their Doctrine and Covenants 89:5-7, “That inasmuch as any man drinketh wine or strong drink among you, behold it is not good, neither meet in the sight of your Father, only in assembling yourselves together to offer up your sacraments before him.

Aside from alcoholic beverages, the LDS Church encourages its believers to abstain from hot drinks, such as coffee and tea.

This health law is in accordance with Doctrine and Covenants 89:9, which states, “And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly.

The Church does not have an official stance on soda, but many Mormons choose to limit or avoid soda and other caffeinated beverages in their diets. The rule includes caffeinated soft drinks such as Coke, including Diet Coke.

The Church encourages members to practice moderation and make wise choices regarding their food and drinks. Many Mormons limit their soda consumption as it contains caffeine, as in coffee, a prohibited substance.

So...will it be milk or juice?

iu

Alex.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It didn't dawn on me who it might have been until about 2-3 months ago when I saw a picture of him and his wife on the internet (wife was VERY attractive in person regardless of age). On that night, it just struck me how in shape this big older dude and his wife were that were standing right next to us, and yes, his calves were huge. Whoever they were, they were very nice and they weren't Gators.

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
Speaking of obnoxious students, my son’s fraternity had a big banner hanging in front of their house that mocked polygamy and a certain religious group from Utah. groups of Utah fans throughout the day would ask if they could take their picture in front of it, to which my son would say sure and then the second they took pic, he’d say “Now get the hell off of my lawn.” Given that calling the patch of weeds and dirt a lawn was extremely generous, most everyone realized he was kidding and laughed. The last group he said it too actually took him seriously and scurried away at a high rate of speed. He laughed of course, but felt bad about later.
That's great. He might have yelled that at me. I took a photo at one of the houses just outside the entry to the stadium and from what my fuzzy memory recalls, it might have been get off my lawn.

It was cool to see the fraternity thing out there, as we do not really embrace it here. We have them, but its just not in the culture too much. When I was a student here (now on staff), we just partied at any house, many next to greek row. We loved all the banners as we say the same jokes toward byu (but at byu it is all true, seriously, look up bagpiping at byu). Playing Florida has been great. We usually have that slot for byu, but the Holy War gets a little tiring, as maybe you will find out one day how whiney and entitled byu fans are.

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
It didn't dawn on me who it might have been until about 2-3 months ago when I saw a picture of him and his wife on the internet (wife was VERY attractive in person regardless of age). On that night, it just struck me how in shape this big older dude and his wife were that were standing right next to us, and yes, his calves were huge. Whoever they were, they were very nice and they weren't Gators.
thats cool to hear. I am glad to hear that our coach represented us well.

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
Sounds like a great tailgate.

So...will it be milk or juice?

iu

Alex.
I will take beer, whiskey and a new bottle of Gin that I finished last night. We love our craft beer here too. If you make it out, you will see that SLC is an island of sin from the rest of the state (along with Park City, Moab, Ogden). Our liquor laws are a little strange, but if you need tips on where to get a great drink, I am happy to help. If you have a medical marijuana card, just pop on down to dragonfly. BUT if you want to go see real live mormons, drive about 45 minutes south to Prozacistan (Provo) and you can spot the elusive 25 year old freshman student at byu in his parents basement.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
thats cool to hear. I am glad to hear that our coach represented us well.
You are playing (just like last year) a sub par Gator team that has been struggling for at least 10-12 years. We used to smoke teams like yours by 50 points in 3 quarters and now we are simply hoping to win a game we should win with our backups. Anyhow, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.