Looks like Texas is having major issues

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...145012206.html

Strong looks to have some work to do there.

"Charlie Strong isn’t messing around.
Ever since Strong took over as Texas head coach, he has brought over the no-nonsense approach he was known for during his tenure at Louisville. That continued Thursday when Strong reportedly dismissed three players from the Longhorns program.
Orangebloods.com reported Thursday night that defensive back Chevoski Collins and running back Jalen Overstreet were booted due to “a violation of team rules.” Additionally, Orangebloods.com reported Friday morning that senior running back Joe Bergeron was also dismissed by Strong on Thursday.
On top of the three dismissals, Strong indefinitely suspended wide receivers Kendall Sanders and Montrel Meander after the two were arrested and charged with sexual assault on Thursday.
It has been a rough week for the Texas program."

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Did Mack Brown have a Circle of Trust, too?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure how talented those guys are or if they were going to be major contributors, but good for Coach Strong. This sends a strong message to his team and to future recruits that only the kids that take care of business on and off the field will have an opportunity to play there. Nobody is bigger than the team. I applaud him for being one of the few coaches in College Football with any genuine integrity.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What I like about Strong is his talking softly and carrying a big stick. This was a soft, entitled mess left behind by Mack Brown. Strong's No. 1 agenda is to clear out the deadwood and start with a clean slate. Gotta like that approach.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, Les Miles would have let the team vote on it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It will take a few years to make Texas a Strong team.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meanwhile it's business as usual at the Florida Institute of Clownology where a shellfish stealing rapist gets a week off from the baseball team.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I love what he's doing there.
Agree. It's possible the kids have become a little lazy and feeling entitled to be a starter based on whatever method Brown had in place. Charlie won't mess around.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we should have a home and home with Texas cause at this rate there will be nobody to play. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How many Horns is he gonna Hook?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n18336 said:
Maybe we should have a home and home with Texas cause at this rate there will be nobody to play. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I like what Strong is doing. Sometimes you need to strip something down to it's foundation before you can build a strong structure. It kind of reminds me of when Charley Pell took over at Florida. UF was a mess, he cleaned it up. A lot of people credit Spurrier with the birth of Florida being a top program, but Pell is the one who laid the foundation for that to occur. UF went winless in his first season, but that was the price to be paid to get the wormwood out. If Strong can make Louisville a good team, I have no doubt that he will make Texas a great team in time.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As many as it takes and still be able to field a team, I suspect.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n18370 said:
I like what Strong is doing. Sometimes you need to strip something down to it's foundation before you can build a strong structure. It kind of reminds me of when Charley Pell took over at Florida. UF was a mess, he cleaned it up. A lot of people credit Spurrier with the birth of Florida being a top program, but Pell is the one who laid the foundation for that to occur. UF went winless in his first season, but that was the price to be paid to get the wormwood out. If Strong can make Louisville a good team, I have no doubt that he will make Texas a great team in time.

Pell cleaned it up and then immediately got the program on probation. Not a great example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.