Looks like Texas is having major issues

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
ntcrze;n18370 said:
I like what Strong is doing. Sometimes you need to strip something down to it's foundation before you can build a strong structure. It kind of reminds me of when Charley Pell took over at Florida. UF was a mess, he cleaned it up. A lot of people credit Spurrier with the birth of Florida being a top program, but Pell is the one who laid the foundation for that to occur. UF went winless in his first season, but that was the price to be paid to get the wormwood out. If Strong can make Louisville a good team, I have no doubt that he will make Texas a great team in time.

Pell cleaned it up and then immediately got the program on probation. Not a great example.
exactly.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We don't know yet what the attitudes are like there. It could be a sense of entitlement, it could also be as simple as some kids are still upset that Mack has left. I doubt the latter has any bearing on raping anyone though... I just know that going into a new environment it is a lot easier to use the whip then lay off after a while, then to go in, make friends, then try to get tough.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently Mack Brown lost all control of the program.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
ntcrze;n18370 said:
I like what Strong is doing. Sometimes you need to strip something down to it's foundation before you can build a strong structure. It kind of reminds me of when Charley Pell took over at Florida. UF was a mess, he cleaned it up. A lot of people credit Spurrier with the birth of Florida being a top program, but Pell is the one who laid the foundation for that to occur. UF went winless in his first season, but that was the price to be paid to get the wormwood out. If Strong can make Louisville a good team, I have no doubt that he will make Texas a great team in time.

Pell cleaned it up and then immediately got the program on probation. Not a great example.
Pell got a lot of help from boosters in that regard. The point I'm making is that UF was never a good enough football team to beat anyone on a national level until he came along. He did what Bear Bryant had always warned about, turning UF into a football team that could have a chance against anyone.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The big question is why he isn't coaching at Florida? I think it has something to do with who he's married to and the old white men that are influential boosters at UF. Instead UF get's a coach who is now 4-11 against ranked teams and has ended streaks that have been in place forever or since 1945. How many of us were even alive in 1945?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's a lot of reasons he's not coaching at Florida.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n18433 said:
The big question is why he isn't coaching at Florida? I think it has something to do with who he's married to and the old white men that are influential boosters at UF. Instead UF get's a coach who is now 4-11 against ranked teams and has ended streaks that have been in place forever or since 1945. How many of us were even alive in 1945?

What streak from 1945?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
I think the reason he isn't coaching at UF is that Foley won't fire another mediocre coach with no head coaching experience or without a strong resume. Foley can't afford to if he survives this second fiasco.

Strong's resume so far is that he beat Dawgcramp in a bowl game the same year he lost to a CUSA cellar dweller. Anyone who pays 6 mil per year for that is an idiot. Strong will be unemployed in 3 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Losing to a lower division team? I didn't think we ever did that.

Retained a coach who had two losing SEC seasons? I think that was the 50s.

Lost on homecoming? Lost to Vandy? Not sure what was since 1945.

Mushcramp has set so many loser records it's hard to remember them all.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Laying down the law. He's doing the right thing longterm. Need players to buy in.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I personally don't think Strong will make it at Texas, he will win games but not the big games.

Conversely I think Muschamp will turn UF around and be very successful and then Texas will come calling and he (WM) will go back to Texas.

You heard it here first.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
ntcrze;n18433 said:

What streak from 1945?
Lost to Vandy at home for the first time since 1945.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n18503 said:
I personally don't think Strong will make it at Texas, he will win games but not the big games. Conversely I think Muschamp will turn UF around and be very successful and then Texas will come calling and he (WM) will go back to Texas. You heard it here first.
:lol: What led you to this conclusion?

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
ntcrze;n18433 said:

What streak from 1945?
Thanks

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n18503 said:
I personally don't think Strong will make it at Texas, he will win games but not the big games.

Conversely I think Muschamp will turn UF around and be very successful and then Texas will come calling and he (WM) will go back to Texas.

You heard it here first.

If Muschamp actually pulled that off I don't see him leaving. We would pay him what he wanted if that scenario ever came to fruition.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think if Texas wanted Muschamp, they would have already had him.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:

You heard it here first.
I'd "Dislike" your comment but it is gone.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
I think if Texas wanted Muschamp, they would have already had him.
+1, and also what Gator Fever said. If Muschamp turns it around here, he'll get top $$ and won't be moving anywhere. He was HC in waiting at Texas, if he wanted to be HC there all he had to do was stay there and wait for Mack Brown to get fired.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n18512 said:
:lol: What led you to this conclusion?

It's just my opinion of what might happen in the future.

Everyone seems to be real busy looking into crystal balls these days,

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:

You heard it here first.
T-Rex, that doesn't surprise me at all. You have made your position on Muschamp know, over and over and over and over......

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.