Lotta Recruits in the House for UK Beatdown

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder what Lingard thinks when he sees no feature back, but a run-by-committee approach? Don't most of these RB kids want to be the "the man" somewhere they can put up 1000 yard seasons consistently?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I wonder what Lingard thinks when he sees no feature back, but a run-by-committee approach? Don't most of these RB kids want to be the "the man" somewhere they can put up 1000 yard seasons consistently?

Maybe but it sure is nice watching our very talented backfield. Once we start the meat of the schedule we will likely narrow it down...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...tucky-recruiting-visitors-20160910-story.html

Glad we had something good to show them. You can say you're going in the right direction, but proving it gets their attention.
I think we might have a system that shows it puts players in a position to be successful versus the general clusterf vck of the last 6 years....Plugging even more talented or at least higher rated players because they can now see what role they might be playing should raise the program back up to at least close to what it used to be or so I'm hoping.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Good way to look at it, Crete. I think we all want to be optimistic, well most of us, but we're kind of afraid to be. It does take the combination of talent and coaching.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014

When I see people criticizing a successful gameplan because some potential recruit may not find it sexy or beneficial for their own personal situation, my head tends to explode.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Always helps if we give the visiting team a thumping when recruits are in the house. We should make it to Atlanta, and every position of need should be filled with quality players because the opportunity to play early is almost guaranteed.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I see people criticizing a successful gameplan because some potential recruit may not find it sexy or beneficial for their own personal situation, my head tends to explode.
I got no issue with our coaches and their game plan. Just asking what recruits think about it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or maybe he sees a coach who tells kids they will get carries if they earn them, even true freshmen, rather than be forced to sit for years bc someone else was arbitrarily named "the man."

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I got no issue with our coaches and their game plan. Just asking what recruits think about it.

I fully realize the importance of recruiting and you won't win too many titles if you aren't stacked with 4 and 5 star recruits. However, I have always gotten irritated at the obsession over recruiting, especially when fans get to the tail wagging dog point of everything is viewed under the lens of recruiting and worrying about the whims of 16 and 17 year old kids.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
However, I have always gotten irritated at the obsession over recruiting
Well, you better head back into the PF then, because around these parts of the forum guys take obsession to the next level. In fact, to listen to them, we haven't got a decent player in 12 years or so.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lingard came 2 weeks in a row? Woooohooo!!! Probably best back in the country. And a Florida boy to boot. A game changer IMO.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Coach Mac is not quick to red shirt. If
you are better you get to play. This has
got to get the potential recruits' attention.
Lots of young players played Saturday.
Lots of open defensive positions will
open up next year. We are not only
noted to be DBU, we are the big 'D' U.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac is not quick to red shirt. If you are better you get to play. This has
got to get the potential recruits' attention. Lots of young players played Saturday. Lots of open defensive positions will open up next year. We are not only noted to be DBU, we are the big 'D' U.
Well, unfortunately, we have become 3 and gone U also. I hope Mac can fix that. I know it's easy to say, when no one is waiving 6 or 7 figures under my nose, but I have heard a few of our old guys say that they cherish those college championships more than their time in the No Fun League where few ever again participated in a championship team. You think Danny W has fond memories of being on a ****ty New Orleans team? Or Pouncey has great memories of being on a terrible Dolphins team?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have heard a few of our old guys say that they cherish those college championships more than their time in the No Fun League where few ever again participated in a championship team. You think Danny W has fond memories of being on a ****ty New Orleans team? Or Pouncey has great memories of being on a terrible Dolphins team?
That's an interesting point.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well, unfortunately, we have become 3 and gone U also. I hope Mac can fix that. I know it's easy to say, when no one is waiving 6 or 7 figures under my nose, but I have heard a few of our old guys say that they cherish those college championships more than their time in the No Fun League where few ever again participated in a championship team. You think Danny W has fond memories of being on a ****ty New Orleans team? Or Pouncey has great memories of being on a terrible Dolphins team?
Dreams don't pay the bills. They may say they they made a mistake, in hindsight, but I think most would make that same mistake again. I wouldn't have turned down the money at that age.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but so many leave early, only to never play or not play any significant time in the NFL due to whatever.
Even the ones that do hit it big often waste their money in months and are left with little a few years later.

Championships are forever. For that matter an education is forever too, and many of them later wish they had taken advantage of the opportunity. I have spoken to two former NFLers who stated exactly that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It is great to hear. We looked good. I hope it carries over. We'll look good next week too. Tenn is the real challenge.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Your health (and sanity) are at risk around here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator