Lotta Recruits in the House for UK Beatdown

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder what Lingard thinks when he sees no feature back, but a run-by-committee approach? Don't most of these RB kids want to be the "the man" somewhere they can put up 1000 yard seasons consistently?
I'm hoping he thinks about mark ingram Trent Richardson and Eddie lacy

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, unfortunately, we have become 3 and gone U also. I hope Mac can fix that. I know it's easy to say, when no one is waiving 6 or 7 figures under my nose, but I have heard a few of our old guys say that they cherish those college championships more than their time in the No Fun League where few ever again participated in a championship team. You think Danny W has fond memories of being on a ****ty New Orleans team? Or Pouncey has great memories of being on a terrible Dolphins team?
I'm sure he's made enough money to enjoy his time at the boobie trap

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Well, unfortunately, we have become 3 and gone U also. I hope Mac can fix that. I know it's easy to say, when no one is waiving 6 or 7 figures under my nose, but I have heard a few of our old guys say that they cherish those college championships more than their time in the No Fun League where few ever again participated in a championship team. You think Danny W has fond memories of being on a ****ty New Orleans team? Or Pouncey has great memories of being on a terrible Dolphins team?

In a way the three and gone problem is
a good problem. That means you are
signing quality players. Look at Ala and
LSU. Saban accepts that and expects
it to happen so he plans accordingly. I
look for us to have more three and
gone players with Coach Mac. I am really
impressed with what he is doing. So far
he has everyone's respect. He is
rebuilding the program faster than WM
took it down. I think we end up signing
a great class this year. And the ship
is already making the big turn. Before
we know it we will have the old problem
of having to hire new assistant coaches
that were hired as HCs by other schools.
Everyone knows how I wanted WM fired
much sooner than JF acted. I am very
please with Coach Mac. I think he is
one great hire. I am very excited with
what has and is happening.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
It is great to hear. We looked good. I hope it carries over. We'll look good next week too. Tenn is the real challenge.

VA TECH had more total yardage than
TN. They had five turnovers. That game
was closer than the score indicates. If
we don't get full of ourselves, we beat
TN. If we beat TN, we could run the table
and win the Eastern Division again. With
this defense we have a real shot at
beating F$U.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
beating F$U.

VT self destructed big time in that game. Not only turnovers, but an insane amount of personal foul and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties along with lots of other 5 and 10 yard infractions were killers to their chances.

Mac won't stand for any of that. He knows full well how much it can hurt in a big game.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
beating F$U.
We will beat TN and we will beat FSU.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
beating F$U.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's been over a decade since beating the vols gave us legit "run the table" expectations. ut might be the real deal this year, but they've been posers for so long, it's hard to believe it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hope they enjoyed the game. Many of them had to be impressed.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
beating F$U.
I think the biggest thing for this team is to stay within themselves WHATEVER game or team they're playing. Do what they're supposed to do at that time and not worry about games that are 2 weeks or 2 months from now. Starting this Saturday just execute what the coaches put in for a game plan this week. We saw a big difference in team play this past week but all those good plays and points don't count towards the next game. It's also important to remember that no championship team has ever had a season that didn't include 1 or 2 bad games and if that happens the players have to refocus and get over it. Don't let it snowball into the next week. I think Kentucky was still suffering the effects of the 2nd half of their previous game....We are not talented enough to take games off regardless of who the opponent is.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Adarius Lemons

Running Back
4 STARS
Clearwater
Clearwater, FL
RR: 5.9
Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 192 lbs
Class: 2017

POSITION

NATIONAL

-
STATE
Commitment status:
VERBAL COMMIT
Florida

“I liked how they got every back in the game carrying the ball, it kind of wakes me up. I really liked Jordon Scarlett and [Jordan] Cronkrite. The offense played a hell of a game. Seeing everyone in all orange was wild they looked like orange pills cheering on the Gators. I really enjoyed it.”

:doh:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I think it depends on the player. Bullard stayed and it worked out well, but did anybody think it would make sense for VHIII to stay? Tabor and Wilson are both gone next year and they should be. They are ready for the next level.

Brantley might need to stay a year, unless he really picks it up. He hasn't done anything to really get noticed. This might be a good thing as we will need somebody like him next year.

I think the key is for the kids to listen to the feedback from coaches and NFL and not listen to friends and family who are telling them how great they are and that they need to make money.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Pouncy is enjoying the paychecks from the terrible Dolphins... No one enjoys being a Saint.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Championships are forever. For that matter an education is forever too, and many of them later wish they had taken advantage of the opportunity. I have spoken to two former NFLers who stated exactly that.

hindsight is 20/20... when you are in your early 20s you don't always make the best decisions.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think it depends on the player. Bullard stayed and it worked out well, but did anybody think it would make sense for VHIII to stay? Tabor and Wilson are both gone next year and they should be. They are ready for the next level.

Brantley might need to stay a year, unless he really picks it up. He hasn't done anything to really get noticed. This might be a good thing as we will need somebody like him next year.

I think the key is for the kids to listen to the feedback from coaches and NFL and not listen to friends and family who are telling them how great they are and that they need to make money.

We should pay him to stay an extra year. That would help out a lot on defense. It would give us a transition year at DT. Pony up!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Friends, Family and associates can lead to bad decisions.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tabor is gone for sure. Are we sure about Wilson?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator