Lotta Recruits in the House for UK Beatdown

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Kensucky beat down was a good show for potential recruits. Stoops is very lucky it takes $12 Million to buy him out or, I think he would have been fired after this butt kicking. It looked to me, from section 14, that his team quit on him in the middle of Q1.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tabor is gone for sure. Are we sure about Wilson?

I think Q might be better than Tabor. He has size and great coverage abilities. He was the one that shut down Treadwell. I think he is most likely gone.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think if a 4 year scholarship is binding then staying for 4 years should be binding. Since that's not true I have no problem with pulling scholis from dead weight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Q might be better than Tabor. He has size and great coverage abilities. He was the one that shut down Treadwell. I think he is most likely gone.
Well one or the other should stay (whichever gets the lower projection from the committee) bc I think only one will go in the first round. Going first round makes a lifetime of difference in the contract. Most kids never make the second.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well one or the other should stay (whichever gets the lower projection from the committee) bc I think only one will go in the first round. Going first round makes a lifetime of difference in the contract. Most kids never make the second.

Why do you think only 1 will go in the first round? I think they are both first round talents. It isn't like a team is going to say... well Jalen was a Gator and in the first round so I am not drafting Quincy...

These two kids are arguably the two best CBs in the country. I would be shocked if they don't both go pro and I think they both should go pro! No reason at all to risk an injury that could impact your ability to earn money.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why do you think only 1 will go in the first round? I think they are both first round talents. It isn't like a team is going to say... well Jalen was a Gator and in the first round so I am not drafting Quincy...

These two kids are arguably the two best CBs in the country. I would be shocked if they don't both go pro and I think they both should go pro! No reason at all to risk an injury that could impact your ability to earn money.
Because there are certain positions for which teams don't like to use a first round pick. Guard is one. RBs are increasingly viewed the same way. CBs also. I'm not saying they won't, it's just that fewer teams are looking for a CB in the first round as opposed to say, a QB, OT, or a DT.

Championships are the risk. It's why these kids do what they do. They could sign a guaranteed contract then dog it and get cut. They don't... well except for Ricky Williams. They want to win.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Because there are certain positions for which teams don't like to use a first round pick. Guard is one. RBs are increasingly viewed the same way. CBs also. I'm not saying they won't, it's just that fewer teams are looking for a CB in the first round as opposed to say, a QB, OT, or a DT.

Championships are the risk. It's why these kids do what they do. They could sign a guaranteed contract then dog it and get cut. They don't... well except for Ricky Williams. They want to win.

I think these kids want to win, but I also think most of them want to get paid. I think their top goal is to play in the NFL... not to win a NCAA Championship and they don't want to sacrifice that first goal for the second one. I don't blame them. Why risk millions just for the chance to win a title?

As the article below shows. CB had the most first round picks (tied with OT). There were 5 CBs in the first round. CB also had the second most picks in the whole draft (WR was first). No surprise that teams are focusing both on WR and CB in a league that is becoming more pass happy...

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4...ion-wide-receiver-cornerback-defensive-tackle

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think these kids want to win, but I also think most of them want to get paid. I think their top goal is to play in the NFL... not to win a NCAA Championship
If youre first round, you should go no doubt. As for the numbers I think last year was an unusually bad year for several positions (especially QB) so those numbers arent the norm. And even within those numbers only one guy was taken top 10. Even in the first round it matters to the size of the paycheck whether you get drafted early or late.

Even so, remember when we had Roberson and Purifoy projected as first round picks yet neither got drafted (for different reasons). Hell we have had A LOT of guys leave early lately only to get a second or third day pick w no guaranteed money or a free agent contract (paid by the week).

The scouts do notice which kids are team players and especially winners. Well, some teams do, not the Jags of course. But you will see teams that go to the better bowls or deeper into the playoffs suddenly get more guys drafted and drafted higher. That may just be a function additional tv exposure and game film vs better competition, I suppose.

In any event, Quincy is not yet considered the best CB on the field even for us. That may change but right now Jalen Deeznuts has had the hype (and years of gamefilm highlight).

Or maybe its just me be being grumpy about watching guys play on STs for two years and then starting to plan for their early exit for the draft even before theyve become a starter at UF. We need to get back in the habit of having 4th 5th or 6th year starters.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If youre first round, you should go no doubt. As for the numbers I think last year was an unusually bad year for several positions (especially QB) so those numbers arent the norm. And even within those numbers only one guy was taken top 10. Even in the first round it matters to the size of the paycheck whether you get drafted early or late.

Even so, remember when we had Roberson and Purifoy projected as first round picks yet neither got drafted (for different reasons). Hell we have had A LOT of guys leave early lately only to get a second or third day pick w no guaranteed money or a free agent contract (paid by the week).

The scouts do notice which kids are team players and especially winners. Well, some teams do, not the Jags of course. But you will see teams that go to the better bowls or deeper into the playoffs suddenly get more guys drafted and drafted higher. That may just be a function additional tv exposure and game film vs better competition, I suppose.

In any event, Quincy is not yet considered the best CB on the field even for us. That may change but right now Jalen Deeznuts has had the hype (and years of gamefilm highlight).

Or maybe its just me be being grumpy about watching guys play on STs for two years and then starting to plan for their early exit for the draft even before theyve become a starter at UF. We need to get back in the habit of having 4th 5th or 6th year starters.

Great players aren't going to stay for 4 years. That is very rare. If you want the 5* recruits then you have to also be OK with those guys leaving early. Most 5* recruits that pan out are going to leave early. Many 4*s will also. If you want 4th and 5th year starters then you are looking at more 3* recruits.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Don't know if Quincy Wilson stays a year to be with his brother.

I agree, they all pay football as a means to make money, and therefore risking an injury with another year of college when you could get momma that house now just isn't the path most take.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I think after 4 games we can say Quincy has been the best CB on the field for us.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder what Lingard thinks when he sees no feature back, but a run-by-committee approach? Don't most of these RB kids want to be the "the man" somewhere they can put up 1000 yard seasons consistently?
They want to be seen for the NFL which anymore is a rbbc except for a select few bell cow backs...rb can only take so many hits

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator