LSU down to 2 "strong candidates" for head coach vacancy

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ls...strong-candidates-emerged-candidates-lsu-job/

The wait to see who will become the next full-time head coach at LSU could soon be coming to an end for Tiger fans, as the school appears to have narrowed its field of coaches down to two – Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher and current interim head coach Ed Orgeron.

While Orgeron keeping the job may have seemed like a pipe dream just weeks ago, the Tigers have been a revelation of sorts under the interim coach, setting one offensive record after another and the defense, already among the nation’s finest, getting better since the Sept. 24 loss at Auburn.

According to James Smith of NOLA.com, citing sources, LSU will make a play for Fisher with money being no object in pursuit of the FSU coach:

Multiple coaches who have worked for, or with, Fisher said it’s highly likely he would take the job if LSU meets his salary demands and gives him a long-term deal. Fisher signed a new contract with Florida State last year that will pay him up to $44 million through 2022.

“Jimbo was Joe (Alleva’s) guy from the beginning, and I just don’t see him passing on hiring him,” a source close to the situation said, referencing the AD’s pursuit of Fisher last fall when Miles was first under fire.

If Fisher were to pass on the LSU job, the fan favorite Coach O would likely be next in line for the job – if he were to make a change at offensive coordinator – according to Smith.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It would be nice to see the noles have some instability, but it would almost be equally glorious to see Aleva and the tigers fall flat on their face again, and resort to keeping EO. I've yet to see anything from him that says he's true HC material, and he's as slimy as they come. They'll be in trouble within 3 years if that's the route they go.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Out of curiosity, who thinks Orgeron is a better head coach than Les.....and, for good measure, McElwain?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What ? ... the sports reporters left out that Aleva was looking at an Australian Rugby Coach ?
... or is that report just a fake! fake!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
SDS is known for blog-commentary articles as opposed to anything based on facts. However, they actually pointed to a news source instead of making up click bait on their own.

I still say there is no way Jimbo leaves F$U. Maybe....maybe, if there is some astronomical amount of $ where he says "No way they'd pay that, it'd be ludicrous" and they offer it. But his career will only get harder for him if he took that LSU gig. I just don't see it.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What ? ... the sports reporters left out that Aleva was looking at an Australian Rugby Coach ?
... or is that report just a fake! fake!
I see what you did there............
i-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
SDS is known for blog-commentary articles as opposed to anything based on facts. However, they actually pointed to a news source instead of making up click bait on their own.

I still say there is no way Jimbo leaves F$U. Maybe....maybe, if there is some astronomical amount of $ where he says "No way they'd pay that, it'd be ludicrous" and they offer it. But his career will only get harder for him if he took that LSU gig. I just don't see it.

Agree. Fisher would be nuts to leave there.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
fisher is a soft penis... no way he leaves the comfy safe space of clowntown for somewhere he actually has to deal with real competition.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Out of curiosity, who thinks Orgeron is a better head coach than Les.....and, for good measure, McElwain?
I know he's a better recruiter at least. I think where he falls short is the schmoozing with fat cat alumni.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If the Corndogs don't hire him, we'd better before Trailerbammer does.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Saban will hire him as the Scout Coach-in-waiting ... as in waiting for NCAA rulers to catch up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ogre is a is a better recruiter than the rest of our staff combined, plus he can plus he can be our interim coach after we fire Butters next fall.

While we are at it pay whatever it takes to replace the Nusschamp with Locksley. Bammer can't be paying Locksley much.

I absolutely can't believe that Fooley gave Nusschamp a two-year extension. That probably means that Mac is intent on riding this staff and crashing and burning together though. Unfortunately.

If Butters wants to remain employed he better find some great recruiters fast.

I'm not drunk but my Siri is apparently.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Ogre is a is a better recruiter than the rest of our staff combined. plus he can plus he can be our interim coach after we fire Butters next fall.

While we are at it pay whatever it takes to replace the Nusschamp with Locksley. I absolutely can't believe that I absolutely can't believe that Fooley gave Nusschamp a two-year extension. but Bammer can't be paying Loxley much.

if Butters wants to remain employed he better find some great recruiters fast.

I thought you meant hire Dumbo Fish head.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No Bowdens and no Dwags, ever. I'd say no Gnolls also, but I guess I wouldn't be too pissed if they hired Warrick Dunn.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.