LSU vs FSU; fans want Kelly fired already

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FSU is showing us how you build teams in 2023 with the portal and NIL.

Unfortunately for us, we’re just now putting together the perfect strategy for program building in 2015.
We finally have our football facility and and a “detail oriented” coach just in time for these things to no longer be relevant.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
FSU’s offense is to let Travis run around until he makes a play. Travis is the reason they’re winning games. He’d make us look good right now if he was our QB. If we think this means NorveLLLLLLLL is all of a sudden a great coach after multiple losing seasons then we should give Napier the same amount of time to get things together.

I don’t disagree that the noles’ patience appears to be paying off to some degree. The issue though again is doing the logical things and not insisting on an approach that isn’t working. That’s what fans here are the most upset about. The moment it was announced Napier would be the OC/QB/HC most said it wouldn’t work. Same with STs.

Also keep in mind that his first year was the Covid year. The performance in ‘21 is not impressive but last year was a decided step forward and he looks to be building off that this season. Consistent progress. No one was expecting instant results. But we shouldn’t be going backwards either. We’ll see how the next 3-4 weeks go.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Obviously they’re insane. The Alabama win alone last year bought him 3-4 years minimum. But that was ugly. Daniels is in no way, shape or form a QB. How on earth did he decide to hitch his wagon to him, and in the process let that Howard kid leave? To arch rival OM no less. They may be grumbling now, but they’ll be burning things if Howard turns out to be good and LK beats them with him.

They had a decent backup last year that I saw inserted into games that looked pretty good. Was that the Howard kid?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone should do a website on college football program trends. It'll look like a flowchart to nowhere.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
FSU looks good in the trenches. LSU held their own in the trenches in the first half, then wilted.

LSU is no slouch team. They had opportunities in the red zone 3 times in the first half, and choked.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
FSU looks good in the trenches. LSU held their own in the trenches in the first half, then wilted.

LSU is no slouch team. They had opportunities in the red zone 3 times in the first half, and choked.

Daniels didn’t put up good passing numbers, but also didn’t get much help. Several times I saw assistants, backup players and sideline reporters drop passes that were right to them and should’ve been caught.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
6-6 ... with a top five class... new OC hired after the season... new assistant given STC duties after the season.

Fall fishing and/or hunting anyone?

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not necessarily saying we give Napier the same patience that was afforded to Norvell. I’m only pointing out to those praising Norvell that they should be consistent in their comments regarding Napier.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’m not necessarily saying we give Napier the same patience that was afforded to NorveLLLL. I’m only pointing out to those praising NorveLLLL that they should be consistent in their comments regarding Napier.
You mean that the people that were still calling him "corn rows" a day ago might want to cut "tater" some slack?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I dont think the opinion is that anyone wants Florida to be like FSU. Florida Football today is exactly where FSU was as a program in 2019/2020. Everyone hated the coach, playcalling and clock management were a joke, and fans were begging for a buyout to get the clown out of Tallahassee. It will be interesting to see where Gator Football is in 2026/2027.
Spot on Ted
Fans foaming at the mouth to get a Coach run off is not necessarily the best option. I’m not saying Napier will mirror what The guy out west did but give him a chance to get us black on course.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
FSU is showing us how you build teams in 2023 with the portal and NIL.

Unfortunately for us, we’re just now putting together the perfect strategy for program building in 2015.
We finally have our football facility and and a “detail oriented” coach just in time for these things to no longer be relevant.
This times a million. I feel like Napier is a Saban disciple now that CFB as evolved beyond the Saban method of winning. It cannot/ will not be duplicated.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Spot on Ted
Fans foaming at the mouth to get a Coach run off is not necessarily the best option. I’m not saying Napier will mirror what The guy out west did but give him a chance to get us black on course.

racist wonder showzen GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.