GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Police seek sit-down with NFL prospect after pregnant woman's murder

Published April 29, 2015 FoxNews.com

Facebook61 Twitter91 livefyre259 Email Print

collinspic.jpg
La’el Collins is considered one of the top prospects in Thursday's NFL draft. Baton Rouge police reportedly want to question him after a pregnant woman's murder. He is not a suspect.

Police in Louisiana want to talk to an LSU football star projected to be selected in the first round of Thursday's NFL draft, after a pregnant woman linked to him was shot and killed in her home on Friday.
La'el Collins, a three-year starter and by some accounts the best offensive lineman in the draft, has not been named as a suspect in the shooting of Brittney Mills, 29, Friday night in the doorway of her Baton Rouge home, but police in Baton Rouge say they want to talk to him. Collins, 21, is believed to have been romantically linked to Mills, but it is unclear if the baby, who survived, is his.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing to fear here, he's got an iron-clad alibi. Him and A-Hern were 'shootin' hoops in Bristol while this was going down...

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he wasn't involved that really sucks for him to have this happen right before the draft...if he was involved he's is beyond stupid

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If that baby is his then he's got major problems

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like he might have gone to the school of paternity avoidance, tutored directly by Rae Carruth.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;216436 said:
Looks like he might have gone to the school of paternity avoidance, tutored directly by Rae Carruth.

My exact first thought.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
T REX;n216431 said:
If that baby is his then he's got major problems
He had just got out a relationship with her so It's highly likely it's his.I believe before it's over with he'll have a lot answering to do.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
She was shot at her door - suspicious as it makes it look like she was executed.

Dude is probably guilty as hell. He has an alibi so I imagine he hired someone. This will be easy to unravel with today's technology.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
well if he didnt have anything to do with it, then today went from being the best day to the worst day of his life. :embarrassed:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't drafted........ especially after he told teams, if he wasn't drafted by Round 3, he wouldn't sign. The NFL didn't allow him to change to the supplemental draft. He plans on re-entering the draft in 2016... sure that will go well for him.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n218618 said:
Wasn't drafted........ especially after he told teams, if he wasn't drafted by Round 3, he wouldn't sign. The NFL didn't allow him to change to the supplemental draft. He plans on re-entering the draft in 2016... sure that will go well for him.

He is an UDFA. He will not be allowed to re-enter the draft next year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n218815 said:
He is an UDFA. He will not be allowed to re-enter the draft next year.

currently he is a udfa, but his agent is arguing for the re-entry. So his currently plan is re-entry. He said if he wasn't drafted in the first three, he would hold out a year and re-enter.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n218819 said:
currently he is a udfa, but his agent is arguing for the re-entry. So his currently plan is re-entry. He said if he wasn't drafted in the first three, he would hold out a year and re-enter.

The only way to re-enter was to get drafted, sit out then be eligible again. Once you enter, that's it. You can't keep re-entering.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n218825 said:
The only way to re-enter was to get drafted, sit out then be eligible again. Once you enter, that's it. You can't keep re-entering.

Hence why their is a legal petition to be eligible for the draft again. He wouldn't be the first to do so, and be eligible before. There have been multiple players who have entered, then re-entered the draft through sitting out and their situation. Bucs quarterback Craig Neil Erickson was the last that I remember to do it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n218842 said:
Hence why their is a legal petition to be eligible for the draft again. He wouldn't be the first to do so, and be eligible before. There have been multiple players who have entered, then re-entered the draft through sitting out and their situation. Bucs quarterback Craig Neil Erickson was the last that I remember to do it.

Was that twenty years ago? I don't think he gets his wish. He will be denied. Not much precedent in his favor.

And I think he's probably guilty...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n218867 said:
Was that twenty years ago? I don't think he gets his wish. He will be denied. Not much precedent in his favor.

And I think he's probably guilty...

I agree with your last statement, I don't think he will be available due to court case. Goddell's current stance is that he will not be eligible.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So the police have a sit down with him and say he is not a suspect. Has he been charged with anything?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n218986 said:
So the police have a sit down with him and say he is not a suspect. Has he been charged with anything?

I believe he is still a "Person of Interest"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator