LSU's President is a total buffoon

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-LSU-president-wants-to-move-SEC-Championship-Game-48155654

LSU President King Alexander wants to reschedule the Tigers' postponed game against Florida inside the Georgia Dome on Dec. 3 and move the SEC Championship Game to the following weekend, according to Tiger Rag.

Tiger Rag President Jim Engster says Alexander is "adamant about the negative consequences of LSU losing a home game and adding Florida to the murderer’s row of opponents in November" should the Tigers be forced to give up their matchup with South Alabama in Baton Rouge on Nov. 19, another possible weekend to move the game.

From Tiger Rag:

"Alexander’s preference is for LSU and Florida to play on Dec. 3 in the Georgia Dome and delay the SEC Championship Game by one week in the same arena in Atlanta. That would be the best scenario for LSU and Florida, but Alabama’s Nick Saban would probably have a meltdown cataclysmic enough to shake the ground in Tuscaloosa if that move was accepted. It will take ample power of persuasion and will for league Commissioner Greg Sankey to find a palatable answer to this dilemma."

Alexander expressed his idea to the SEC's brass on Sunday in Atlanta, per Tiger Rag.

What a moron.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If it is moved to the 3rd, it will be a home game for Florida, why would we give up the home game? The Playoff bylaws would allow for the playoff field to be set on the 10th. But it shouldn't be a neutral site game in that situation.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can't even believe that a President of a university would be so idiotic as to suggest something like this. Why not reschedule for Dec 3 and play it in Gainesville? If we are going to reschedule for Dec 3... why does it have to be in Atlanta.

I don't even have words for how ridiculous this is.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
There is no way that is going to happen, then all the bowl game decisions would be delayed. And what's with the idea that we have to give home field for this game? Makes no sense.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More importantly what should happen now is that LSU should be called out by EVERY media outlet that covers the SEC and shamed into going along with the Nov. 19th plan. Humiliation therapy is the only thing that works these days.

I personally believe that Foley stopped the game from happening last Saturday and he has been properly ridiculed for his action.
Mr. Alexander should be given the same exact treatment.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The SECCG can be bumped back to Dec 10, as Douglas said.
However, it should remain in Gainesville. No reason for it to happen anywhere else.
Probably the easiest and least disruptive solution.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The date is what I suggested in the other thread. It's far enough away that the SECCG could maneuver and still be ok. Pushing things out a week isn't the end of the world.

The location, on the other hand, is absurd. Why exactly would we give up a home game?

I said on Friday that the Lsu admin was handling this about as unprofessional as possible and should shut up. Now, I'm kind of hoping they keep talking so the rest of the country can see what we're dealing with. If nothing else, this completely destroys the notion that Foley had a reasonable, flexible counterpart who was just trying to ensure the game was played. Total bs.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The SECCG can be bumped back to Dec 10, as Douglas said.
However, it should remain in Gainesville. No reason for it to happen anywhere else.
Probably the easiest and least disruptive solution.

I heard there's a monster truck show in The Swamp that day that can't be rescheduled. :D

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
The LSU AD has proven to be an ass, the president seems to be one too. There's no other way to read this other than giving LSU a tactical advantage by not playing in the swamp.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Adamant about the detriment of losing a home game huh so it should be played in Atlanta huh?

:lol:

Right. So everyone keeps their slated home games, and "rest up" contests. They'd even get an extra 2 days of rest before coming here. And suddenly that's not good enough?

Is anyone(other than Fever :lol:) really buying that this guy was anything less than a foot stomping tool bag in the Wed/Thur discussions?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's the head corndog. Honestly, you guy's were expecting an intelligent response from him? :lol:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like it is time for newby Sankey to get off his a$$ and do his job.

I will not hold my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.