LSU's President is a total buffoon

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This was true during the addition and schedule changes in 2012. LSU doesn't like to play Florida as it's consistent East opponent. See Alabama play Tennesse yearly, and Kentucky, USCe, and Vanderbilt being the set in East opponent for others in their division... can't really blame that argument.
I understand that Bama vs UT and UGA vs Auby have to be preserved, but the rest of the East West match-ups are nowhere near as important. I wished we still played Auby every year intead of LSU, but their rivalry with the Dawgs is a little stronger. Basically, I have no solution :stirpot:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Hell listening to this a$$hat it sounds like the world revolves around LSU football. Lets be honest we not have to play this game. I think they lose two more games in the SEC and if we win out (minus the LSU game) we are the SEC East Champs. The reason I say this is because I see their injuries being a huge problem for them. If they cannot get their key starters back on both sides of the ball, they can easily lose to Bama and one more. All we would have to do is beat a bad UGLY and MIZZU teams, and win a tough one against ARK.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
The state of Louisiana the #1 authority on hurricane preparedness LMAO. I'll give them this the way they treated their own citizens during Katrina the're not bullshjting that footballs more important to them than public safety.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Sankey is really failing in his first real leadership test. He should have promptly been on the phone with LSU to bytch slap them and tell them to shut the hell up and trying to negotiate this in the media. Now LSU has drawn lines publicly that would be hard to back away from. At least I am proud that UF is conducting itself professionally and keeping their mouth shut

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Sankey has failed to establish leadership in his new position.

Foley and Aleva are playing their childish games and proving Sankey ineffective, and it's being spotlighted in the media. Sankey will likely have a short and unrememberable run if he doesn't come out strong in the very near future and maintain that position of authority over the conference. Right now, I'd bet a women's lacrosse coach has more sway on SEC decisions.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Why the hell is LSU dictating the terms? Why do they insist on having UF give up possibly 2 home games to their 1? Foley is doing a good job not looking like a jerk in all this.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I think there is a solution in all of this. We play LSU at Baton Rouge on the 19th. Pay off the D2 schools. Then LSU agrees to play 3 years in a row at the Swamp. Next year and the 3rd year would be an added home game for us not counted as an original SEC home game on the schedule. Gives both teams incentive to play it this year.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I think there is a solution in all of this. We play LSU at Baton Rouge on the 19th. Pay off the D2 schools. Then LSU agrees to play 3 years in a row at the Swamp. Next year and the 3rd year would be an added home game for us not counted as an original SEC home game on the schedule. Gives both teams incentive to play it this year.
I highly doubt they will agree to playing at the Swamp 3 years in a row. This game won't happen, and if it does it will be a miracle.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Call them what you want. They are still D2 imo. The new system just wants to make the FCS schools feel that they belong.
FCS isnt D2. We never played D2 schools under the old naming system either.

Some FCS/1AA schools play D2 schools.

Stick w basketball. Mayne they play D2 schools. Seems like it from some of those names Ive never heard of.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
FCS isnt D2. We never played D2 schools under the old naming system either.

Some FCS/1AA schools play D2 schools.

Stick w basketball. Mayne they play D2 schools. Seems like it from some of those names Ive never heard of.
Again...call them what you want, but Division 1-AA is Division 2 to me regardless what they are called now or in the past.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sankey has failed to establish leadership in his new position.

Foley and Aleva are playing their childish games and proving Sankey ineffective, and it's being spotlighted in the media. Sankey will likely have a short and unrememberable run if he doesn't come out strong in the very near future and maintain that position of authority over the conference. Right now, I'd bet a women's lacrosse coach has more sway on SEC decisions.

TLB, did you not get the nationally mentioned (Fox News) UF campus notice cautioning not to wear Halloween
costumes that might support sterrotyping that may hurt some group's feelings? -- to wit, there you are so
chauvanistically pointing out a lady coach's sway. Lady feelings matter. :confused:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Never going to happen, just like Foley shouldn't allow three home games in a row, Alleva (the man who is trying to get us off their schedule) isn't going to allow them to play here three times in a row.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Public debate between LSU and Florida reveals leadership void in new-era SEC

http://usat.ly/2ewx9Dg

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member