Luke Ancrum calls out Hevesy on twitter

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is an odd interaction, not sure what the context was - but it seems Hevesy told Ancrum he'll be in jail after he's done with football:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's a snip in case the tweet gets deleted:

upload_2020-4-29_14-4-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-29_14-4-32.png
    upload_2020-4-29_14-4-32.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 156

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This will help recruiting. :eek3:
Well let's be honest, it's not really going to hurt Hev's recruiting. The recruits hate him team already. He has never been a charismatic guy.

That being said, Ancrum should just be happy that he somehow ended up on an sec team. if it weren't for the Butters Error, his ass would have been at Eastern Kentucky or Idaho.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Could turn out to be a positive? maybe we get an O-line coach that makes the O-line play a notch above serviceable.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sorry ... Ancrum sounds like a skinny jean wearing snowflake and his public temper tantrum makes me like Hevesy

Agreed, and like Law said - this kid is lucky he was able to play at an SEC school. He should have never been signed by a program like ours.

Also, you have to wonder how this interaction went down - being as Hevesy coaches on the other side of the ball as what Ancrum plays. It's probably a comment that in context made sense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I like Hevesy quite a bit more more.

Athletes complaining about coaches on social media is absolutely pathetic, inexcusable behavior. Kick their asses off the team for that.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Ancrum is a fcking idiot. I knew that by watching his (limited) actions on the field and mostly the sidelines and now he's just showing the rest of the world with his tweets. Jail may be his best option.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
HELL YEAH. I like it that Hevesy told this idiot to get his sh!t together. His Nole father should have told him the same thing after he got himself suspended at the beginning of the year. And also after this:

chok_fitted.jpeg

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ancrum...the dude can’t even line up on the correct side of the LOS....Hevsey prolly right.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Probably would have helped if Hevesy would have bought him a latte, put his arm around him and looked him in the eyes, in a big brotherly way, when he told him his behind would be in jail soon. Give me a break. Many of these athletes come to college as Prima Donna’s, not knowing how to properly conduct themselves and being told constantly how great they are. Each college staff has to have a floor walker or two to help them learn how to keep it real. Hevesy likely fits that bill. I guess since the guy wasn’t sniffed by the pros somebody else had to be the cause. As has been mentioned, he should just be grateful he ate and slept good on the UF dime.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Wow! You guys are really out of touch. I agree we weren't recruiting well to begin with, but kids will hate this! You guys are looking too deeply at this. I agree that Ancrum probably deserved the comment, but kids won't be privy to that minutiae. What teenager would see it that way?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Yea... I know it’s internet cool to agree with Hev but come on... in no way shape or form is this good. @ltraz maybe this is the break we need to boot him. I know you believe he’s salvageable if paired with a strong recruiter but why put up with this crap if you could have a good OL coach that can recruit too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.