Luke Del Rio

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How do you know that for sure? Mac seems to take a liking to some players and a disliking to others regardless of their talent level.

Just like we don't know he was asked to leave. If he was told he would have to compete to the job and left, that is on him. We don't know if he was going to be great, just that he was the most talented qb on the roster. He had 4-5 quarters were he flashed athletic gifts, but also got away with a lot of passes in the second half of the season (against better competition) would have been taken to the house. Other than Tennessee he didnt' play against any of the teams that make or break a UF quarterback.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac and Nuss supposedly went to meet the Griers, I'm not sure who wanted the meeting, but when they came back is when Grier decided to transfer...Why even address the issue if you're the coach? Let him decide if he wants to stay and serve his suspension....If he does it's a win/win because you've got another talented QB on the roster.

None of us have any idea what happened in that meeting. Maybe Mac and Nuss went to try to talk him into staying... maybe they all concluded it was better for him to transfer... we don't know.. so lets stop acting like one option is fact.

I think the most likely scenario is that Grier didn't like Mac's answer about regaining his starting position after 6 games without earning it back, but that is a guess.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Mac and Nuss supposedly went to meet the Griers, I'm not sure who wanted the meeting, but when they came back is when Grier decided to transfer...Why even address the issue if you're the coach? Let him decide if he wants to stay and serve his suspension....If he does it's a win/win because you've got another talented QB on the roster.
Idk 'Crete it sounds like Grier b*tched out to me man lol... The world may never know

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How do you know that for sure? Mac seems to take a liking to some players and a disliking to others regardless of their talent level.
I agree, and I think it was clear that Grier wasn't one of his favorites. I'm convinced that's why he started Treon in game one. Grier was living large in Gville with his roommate Hardin. In hindsight, Grier fuked us and Mac's judge of character was spot on. It's still a crappy consolation prize.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I agree, and I think it was clear that Grier wasn't one of his favorites. I'm convinced that's why he started Treon in game one. Grier was living large in Gville with his roommate Hardin. In hindsight, Grier fuked us and Mac's judge of character was spot on. It's still a crappy consolation prize.
I get that and Grier was only a redshirt freshmen. A little mix of young and stupid and in the spotlight....I just wish that it didn't happen that way because despite what some on here claim about him only being good for 5 quarters the kid has talent and maybe under strong guidance could have given us the final offensive piece to get back to the top...

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I get that and Grier was only a redshirt freshmen. A little mix of young and stupid and in the spotlight....I just wish that it didn't happen that way because despite what some on here claim about him only being good for 5 quarters the kid has talent and maybe under strong guidance could have given us the final offensive piece to get back to the top...
I agree, he loads of potential. A gamer!
But, I think the apple didn't fall far from the tree. We'll see if he grows up now that he has baby to care for.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have heard enough of the you take what the defense gives you after games in which we don't pass the ball down the field at all hardly. You need to complete some of those to make the defense play honest. We have been hearing similar stuff since about 2010. Hopefully we toss a few deep on KY and complete them.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have heard enough of the you take what the defense gives you after games in which we don't pass the ball down the field at all hardly. You need to complete some of those to make the defense play honest. We have been hearing similar stuff since about 2010. Hopefully we toss a few deep on KY and complete them.
No kidding. If UMass was playing soft, there should of many more pockets for open guys in the middle of the field, and the run should of averaged 8yds per carry.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Talent gets you so far, how many talented kids was Spurrier not able to reach. Dean was much more physically gifted than Wuerfell. Berlin was supposed to be the most physically gifted quarterback Spurrier ever recruited. Talent gets you so far. To drool all over Grier after three half games and three full games is a little early (two of which he really $hit the bed for 7 quarters which is also on the line). No one is saying he doesn't have physical gifts, but there have been a lot of flame outs (especially in the SEC) that were physically gifted under "great" coaches. We don't know under strong guidance if he would have moved in the right direction, or completely become a head case.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We could wait to see how "Daddy-coached" Grier does striving in CFB to be NFL worthy.??

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.