Luke Del Rio

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wet ball. Hurricane. First game nerves. We shall see.

You saying he had any worse hands than Scarlett did last year? Or Lil Taylor did 3 years ago?
Not saying that. Just saying idk if i would declare him to be a good hands haver yet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just know that the reports have been consistent, good at receiving and struggling with fumbles. I guess the staff thought so also, as they were throwing to him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The same reporters that reported debose to be making strides

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BOOOOOOM!!!! That rattled my teeth.

And Driskel, first round. Just trust us. We know people and the scouts are unanimous. First round.

Last edited:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
LDR may light it up if we can get some blocking in front of him. QB isn't the problem this year we may be 3-deep there. We just can't seem to put an O-line on the field forever. This should be Summers' last hurrah if he doesn't get it done.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"jeeping8r said:
So no one is giving ANY credit whatsoever to the opponent?"

"Ox said: Seriously? This is what it has come to for Gator fans."

Deuce says: Apparently we are playing a new type of football, with only one team on the field.

:facepalm:

What many Gator fans have become is Tennessee Fans!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
"jeeping8r said:
So no one is giving ANY credit whatsoever to the opponent?"

"Ox said: Seriously? This is what it has come to for Gator fans."

Deuce says: Apparently we are playing a new type of football, with only one team on the field.

:facepalm:

What many Gator fans have become is Tennessee Fans!
It was UMass. Ranked 128th in the nation. If that is the type of opponent that's going to cause us problems these days, so be it. But let's be honest about where we are as a program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Careful Law...someone may call you a pumper and say that you are making excuses with this post. :snicker:
I'm not pumping. There are terrible problems in our program, problems that are going to take 3-4 years to fix ONCE we get our recruiting on track again.

I'm just not ready to add LDR to the list, yet.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not pumping. There are terrible problems in our program. Problems that are going to take 3-4 years to fix ONCE we get our recruiting on track again.

I'm just not ready to add LDR to the list, yet.

I damn sure am not giving Mac no 3-4 years to fix this mess. He already has 6 blue chippers on the offense starting and 2 of them are starters on the O line and he has a beast 3 star possibly on the O line now. He needs to get them developed now. This year he gets just a little slack after last season but that is it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I damn sure am not giving Mac no 3-4 years to fix this mess. He already has 6 blue chippers on the offense starting and 2 of them are starters on the O line and he has a beast 3 star possibly on the O line now. He needs to get them developed now. This year he gets just a little slack after last season but that is it.
It doesn't take 3 or 4 years to rebuild at a school like UF.....3 or 4 months is my timeline simply because if we perform well on the field this year we should have a top 10 class, hopefully better than that, if not it will probably be the beginning of the end for Mac. 2017 is already going to be a challenge because our defense will most likely fall off quite a bit. If we have even 2 "average" seasons back to back,2016 & 2017, with less than stellar recruiting efforts GatorNation will be less than forgiving.....Mac may also want to pray that he didn't run off the wrong QB when he gave up on Grier simply because even an average fan could see that his arm and legs could be a HUGE plus for an otherwise average looking offense and game manager QB that he has chosen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I damn sure am not giving Mac no 3-4 years to fix this mess. He already has 6 blue chippers on the offense starting and 2 of them are starters on the O line
Im not saying give him 3-4 more years either. We will probably know with this class whether he can fix recruiting. Another Colorade State kinda class and he has sealed his own fate imo. Later classes wont develop quickly enough to matter flr his employment status.

As for having six blue chippers, lol, those are Kintuckyish numbers. Probably half the blue chippers never develop and 90 percent of the 3 stars never do.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
It doesn't take 3 or 4 years to rebuild at a school like UF.....3 or 4 months is my timeline simply because if we perform well on the field this year we should have a top 10 class, hopefully better than that, if not it will probably be the beginning of the end for Mac. 2017 is already going to be a challenge because our defense will most likely fall off quite a bit. If we have even 2 "average" seasons back to back,2016 & 2017, with less than stellar recruiting efforts GatorNation will be less than forgiving.....Mac may also want to pray that he didn't run off the wrong QB when he gave up on Grier simply because even an average fan could see that his arm and legs could be a HUGE plus for an otherwise average looking offense and game manager QB that he has chosen.

Will Grier chose our QB....he made a choice to take his "supplement".

edit: and leave btw...if he was a true competitor why not stay and take your starting job back?

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

He has through next year... lets be honest... we have 2 blue chippers on the offensive line who shouldn't be starting yet in the SEC (true Sophomores). Our center is a redshirt Junior (which is are most experienced linemen), Sharpe a true Junior, and Jordan a redshirt Sophomore. That makes a great line for SEC play. We are still a year away from a functional line, due to lack of experience and depth. A 5 star true Sophomore is still a Sophomore. Unlike Defensive line, Offensive line takes knowing they guys you are playing with. Being a solid unit... have these guys have more than 3 stars together?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Didn't Grier choose to leave?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Will Grier chose our QB....he made a choice to take his "supplement".
How do you or anyone else know that Mac didn't run him off? He could have served his suspension and possibly came back and lit it up for us...Young kids make some bad decisions but I don't see FSU fans disowning their 2013 NC just because Jameis was their QB....

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
How do you or anyone else know that Mac didn't run him off? He could have served his suspension and possibly came back and lit it up for us...Young kids make some bad decisions but I don't see FSU fans disowning their 2013 NC just because Jameis was their QB....
How do you know that Mac did?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
How do you know that Mac did?
Mac and Nuss supposedly went to meet the Griers, I'm not sure who wanted the meeting, but when they came back is when Grier decided to transfer...Why even address the issue if you're the coach? Let him decide if he wants to stay and serve his suspension....If he does it's a win/win because you've got another talented QB on the roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.