Luke Del Rio

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Apologies... I was wrong... a graduate transfer is allowed to transfer without losing a year because they have graduated... I believe that is correct. Either way the point remains most these guys aren't that good.

Ryan Smith provided value for a year... got a pick in the championship game. Appleby may be good, but I don't see why people are soooo confident right now. I hope he is amazing and I am glad he is here... I just don't see where the confidence comes from.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Best line from the Callaway article last year

"Callaway could contribute right away at Florida if he can beat out incumbents Latroy Pittmsn, C.J. Worton, and Ryan Sousa in the slot." :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Sousa has really gotten lost in the mix. I thought he was suppose to be pretty good. Led the state in receiving his Jr year in HS. 3/4 star. Guess you never know.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I really hope Del rio gets it next year. I think he's really our only shot to be legit on offense

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
What's that old saying about the fat woman with the Virginia ham under one arm, crying cause she has no bread.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Appleby is the starter....garonteed......

Well to read some posts on here, you'd think your statement is the majority opinion here (sans sarcasm).

Btw - I've noticed Law has liked several of my posts lately. What's happening to me!!!

Edit: must be time to up my medication...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I really hope Del rio gets it next year. I think he's really our only shot to be legit on offense

I hope he is simply because that could mean we'd potentially have a two year starter. It'd be nice to have Franks redshirt and then gain experience as the backup QB his redshirt frosh year.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Appleby is mature and smart. This is his last chance at NFL money. His statistics are light years beyond Del Rio. If Del Rio can beat him out he will be a good one and so be it. Appleby has tape all over YouTube, some of you should watch it.

I just want a friggin' competent QB for a change.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I hope he is simply because that could mean we'd potentially have a two year starter. It'd be nice to have Franks redshirt and then gain experience as the backup QB his redshirt frosh year.

that is increasingly looking like it is going to be the plan. i know a lot of people want him to be the savior right now, but his all star performance was not great and he needs to bulk up quite a bit. let the kid take some time to learn the ropes.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Appleby is mature and smart. This is his last chance at NFL money. His statistics are light years beyond Del Rio. If Del Rio can beat him out he will be a good one and so be it. Appleby has tape all over YouTube, some of you should watch it.

I just want a friggin' competent QB for a change.
Honestly haven't watched his tape. But I will tonight. Just thought I read he wasn't that impressive at Purdue but I could be wrong

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Its a highlight reel so its just all the good stuff. He does move pretty well for a big guy.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know it's a "highlight" film and all... but I have to say, I'm a little excited about this guy. He looked good. Saw a couple of shots where you could see him scanning the field looking at multiple targets. Big strong guy, who surprisingly has some wheels (wasn't expecting that). Looks like he'll be able to pull off some of those Will Grier types scrambles. Loved the stiff arm he put on the LB with one arm, while he throws with the other (around the 5:10 mark).

Hopefully, he'll compete with LDR for the starting job. In the end, both will be better for it... and that means the Gators are better for it. Glad we got him!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's a fine looking back-up right there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It seems 2 games really messed up his stats last season and he missed the middle of the season because he was yanked because of the high turnovers in one game but he seemed to play alright when he returned later in the season.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some noise that Trask will be 3rd string. Apparently Franks really needs a RS to just concentrate on becoming more polished. Much higher ceiling than Trask, but it makes sense. Similar to letting Treon take snaps letting Grier RS. Give the kid a year to work on getting better.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he sounds good.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just finished watching the 30 for 30 about the '85 Bears. Real good watch, I recommend it.

There was a piece about how in '86 that Ditka brought in Flutie after McMahon's season ended. The players talked pretty bad about Flutie. Reminded me of Treon discussions on here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, before that 24/7 membership expires, tell ncargat and any others to visit us over here. I'm sure some still don't know we are here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.