Luke Del Rio

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My thoughts;

Appleby will be more than a backup.
He will be throwing to the best bunch of receivers he has ever played with.
Appleby's highlights make him look a little like Driskell. He doesn't seem to scan the field, but rather tries to fit the ball in to his first look. There are several passes that are almost picked off and they will be in the SEC.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
My thoughts;

Appleby's highlights make him look a little like Driskell. He doesn't seem to scan the field, but rather tries to fit the ball in to his first look. There are several passes that are almost picked off and they will be in the SEC.

I agree but it was good to see him play with heart and passion. He reminded me a little of TT after a TD throw. He needs some coaching but I think he is serviceable. Im just so happy Harris wont be in the lineup.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
He actually threw a couple of passes to a specific spot as opposed to waiting for the receiver to break open. That would be encouraging to see....a timing route.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Apologies... I was wrong... a graduate transfer is allowed to transfer without losing a year because they have graduated... I believe that is correct. Either way the point remains most these guys aren't that good.

Ryan Smith provided value for a year... got a pick in the championship game. Appleby may be good, but I don't see why people are soooo confident right now. I hope he is amazing and I am glad he is here... I just don't see where the confidence comes from.

Russell Wilson comes to mind

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
My thoughts;

This started off positive and then nose dived there at the end

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He actually threw a couple of passes to a specific spot as opposed to waiting for the receiver to break open. That would be encouraging to see....a timing route.

A timing route? What's that?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Russell Wilson comes to mind

Yeah... I mentioned in an earlier post that he is the only one I can think of. I think it is the exception and not the rule. Hope Appleby is the guy... we need a QB bad, but I just don't see why some people are so confident about a QB who had a 1/1 TD/INT ratio at Purdue

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah... I mentioned in an earlier post that he is the only one I can think of. I think it is the exception and not the rule. Hope Appleby is the guy... we need a QB bad, but I just don't see why some people are so confident about a QB who had a 1/1 TD/INT ratio at Purdue

I am trusting Mac's ability to coach the interceptions, for the most part, out of him. You cannot be afraid to throw the football to a tight window. I will take a 5:1 ratio and be thrilled.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am trusting Mac's ability to coach the interceptions, for the most part, out of him. You cannot be afraid to throw the football to a tight window. I will take a 5:1 ratio and be thrilled.

Well heck yeah, I'd take that ratio too. That's 10 TD's to 2 interceptions. What might that look like in a season? Maybe 25 TD's to 5 interceptions. If the Florida Gators have a QB with those type numbers I'm betting we have a damn fine season.

Not to mention this guy has better wheels than I expected. He seems like he'd be a threat to run one in every time they get inside the 10 yard line.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Based on the highlights, he looks way more accurate than what we had. Maybe he's got some bad tendencies, but I'll bet he can hit Callaway when f$u leaves him wide open. He might provide some good competition so nobody gets complacent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Well....if there's one thing that 19 interceptions proves, it's that he's not afraid to sling the ball around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.