Recruiting Mac already meeting recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n129242 said:
@ZachAbolverdi: Daniel Imatorbhehe on McElwain's offense: "It's predicated on adjusting every week to what the defense is doing & attacking their weak spot"

Exactly what he did to us in Atl.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n129142 said:
I'm not suprised I mean wasn't muschamp recruiting derrick Henry as a linebacker

No.

But I remember several posters on the old Gators Sports message board saying the kid was too big and would never be a RB. They were declaring Henry could never make it as a RB and should agree to a position change to tight end, defensive end or running back. Good for Henry, he's done well for himself. Wish he could've done it for the good guys.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Alagator;n129371 said:
No.

But I remember several posters on the old Gators Sports message board saying the kid was too big and would never be a RB. They were declaring Henry could never make it as a RB and should agree to a position change to tight end, defensive end or running back. Good for Henry, he's done well for himself. Wish he could've done it for the good guys.

To be fair, DH isn't a great RB. If you watch their games, it's the same story every time. Yeldon does most of the damage throughout most of the game, and then Henry comes in late and just destroys worn down defensive players. He literally has almost the exact same TD run in like 4-5 games. Physically he's a beast, but I don't think he's an every down back.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
As much as it stings to say it, my favorite kind of back is basically what FSU has in Cook and what Arkansas has in Collins. 5'10, 200, and fast. Those guys are built well enough to take a beating but if it's one of them vs a safety I would put money on them taking it to the house 10 times out of 10.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we get a good rb coach with the next staff. White hasn't gotten hardly anything out of that position. And we haven't recruited that position very well either. We need someone special back there.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;n129386 said:
I hope we get a good rb coach with the next staff. White hasn't gotten hardly anything out of that position. And we haven't recruited that position very well either. We need someone special back there.
KT and Lane could be special. I'm interested in how these guys will do under Mac

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n129387 said:
KT and Lane could be special. I'm interested in how these guys will do under Mac

I think they can be solid but neither one would be getting any touches at Georgia , Bama or lsu. But I think they'll definitely be better if we develop some sort of passing game.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Hard to know how much of the lack of production is from a lack of skill in players and how much of it is the previous systems inherent flaws

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;n129392 said:
I think they can be solid but neither one would be getting any touches at Georgia , Bama or lsu. But I think they'll definitely be better if we develop some sort of passing game.
The past coach really latched on to players from his first class. We just haven't seen enough from Lane IMO

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
guys I know this will come as a big relief especially to Soflagator, but Zach tweeted he feels we will get most of our main recruiting targets. I know I can now rest easy

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator98MD;n129455 said:
guys I know this will come as a big relief especially to Soflagator, but Zach tweeted he feels we will get most of our main recruiting targets. I know I can now rest easy

Well, I wish them the best whenever they're not playing us. Seemed like good kids.

There's always next year.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Gator98MD;n129393 said:
Hard to know how much of the lack of production is from a lack of skill in players and how much of it is the previous systems inherent flaws
Well since Lane only got single digit carries the entire season I'm pretty sure I know where his lack of production came from. I think we have a solid rotation for next year and less Jones could be addition by subtraction.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n129392 said:

Comes back to the O-Line - we ran all over UGA, Vandy and USCe, but then we averaged 2.7 ypc against EKU (on 38 carries). I know EKU was stacking the box, but if we can't run at will against an EKU type team, then it's obvious the O-Line has issues. Not that that is breaking news, but it's hard to pass judgement the RBs given the instability of the O-Line.

Gatorwitt

Founding Member
Hugh Jassole
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tampa star RB Ray-Ray McCloud cancels early enrollment to Clemson after meeting with Coach Mac. Will now decide in Feb

Found on twitter so take this for what its worth

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nice. He wants to play for mack daddy

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorwitt;n129496 said:
Tampa star RB Ray-Ray McCloud cancels early enrollment to Clemson after meeting with Coach Mac. Will now decide in Feb

Found on twitter so take this for what its worth

Just saw that too. Pretty exciting. Coach Mac out there workin hard!

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n129492 said:
Comes back to the O-Line - we ran all over UGA, Vandy and USCe, but then we averaged 2.7 ypc against EKU (on 38 carries). I know EKU was stacking the box, but if we can't run at will against an EKU type team, then it's obvious the O-Line has issues. Not that that is breaking news, but it's hard to pass judgement the RBs given the instability of the O-Line.
Don't forget that we were banged up early. I swear, whenever you hear that they are moving this guy over to play this position??? That NEVER works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator