Status
Not open for further replies.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac working it!-----Monday: Offensive linemen Martez Ivey, Jalen Merrick and Christian Pellage (South Carolina commit)

Tuesday: DE Byron Cowart, TE Daniel Imatorbhehe, RB Ray-Ray McCloud III (Clemson commit) and WR Auden Tate (FSU commit).

Wednesday: LB Te'Von Coney (Notre Dame commit), QB Lamar Jackson (Louisville commit), DB Tim Irvin, LB Charles Perry (Miami commit) and RB Jordan Scarlett (Miami commit).

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
a lot of going somewhere else on that circuit, turn a few heads, be heard is the stepping stone I guess

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n129557 said:
a lot of going somewhere else on that circuit, turn a few heads, be heard is the stepping stone I guess

He has to put an eyeball on them before the dead period of 30 days so they will know he is serious about them when he calls and emails them for the next 30 days which is the only contact allowed. Then, only 15 days left til signing day.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac and the staff worked til the wee hours Friday night and Saturday and Sunday developing this schedule. Time is of the essence.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
It sounds like Coach might be ruffling the the feathers of some of his colleagues around the south going after all their committed recruits.

And I like it!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n129383 said:
As much as it stings to say it, my favorite kind of back is basically what FSU has in Cook and what Arkansas has in Collins. 5'10, 200, and fast.
If only we could find some kids like Cook and Collins from Florida who wanted to attend UF... until they saw Chimpball.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n129492 said:
Comes back to the O-Line - we ran all over UGA, Vandy and USCe, but then we averaged 2.7 ypc against EKU (on 38 carries).
No, it's hard to pass judgement against either the line or the backs when you have extremely predictable playcalling. It comes back to numbers. No one can run against a stacked box. When a HC telegraphs exactly what we're doing, it makes it easy on the defense.

I'm not real clear why UGA seemed to think we were going to throw the ball. Lead paint chips is the only explanation I can think of. Apparently they've never heard of watching gamefilm.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n129644 said:
I'm not real clear why UGA seemed to think we were going to throw the ball. Lead paint chips is the only explanation I can think of. Apparently they've never heard of watching gamefilm.
It may have been the worst defensive coaching job I've seen in 30 years watching football. UGA had legitimate grounds to fire the DC before he even got on the bus.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n129647 said:
It may have been the worst defensive coaching job I've seen in 30 years watching football. UGA had legitimate grounds to fire the DC before he even got on the bus.

I thought it was a fantastic job.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Everybody go on twitter if you have an account and show some love to Damien Harris... he is the No.1 rated RB in the country and had been looking at the suckeyes and Urbs but another top rated back committed to OS yesterday and it has Harris thinking... maybe if he sees enough attention coming from Gator fans he may take a look, who knows https://twitter.com/Damien_D1Harris/status/542834121060679680

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ufgator2002;n129755 said:
Everybody go on twitter if you have an account and show some love to Damien Harris... he is the No.1 rated RB in the country and had been looking at the suckeyes and Urbs but another top rated back committed to OS yesterday and it has Harris thinking... maybe if he sees enough attention coming from Gator fans he may take a look, who knows https://twitter.com/Damien_D1Harris/status/542834121060679680
Don't be that guy

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n129755 said:

Probably needs a call from coach Mac before the fans starting going to twitter... not sure how much of a difference we make if he doesn't even have contact with the coach.... actually... even if he does have contact... not sure how much impact fans on twitter have

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n129767 said:
Probably needs a call from coach Mac before the fans starting going to twitter... not sure how much of a difference we make if he doesn't even have contact with the coach.... actually... even if he does have contact... not sure how much impact fans on twitter have

Fans on Twitter are probably more annoying than helpful.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess that is the best way for the current coaches to handle the situation while recruiting.

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-visit-javarius-davis/

Offensive coordinator Kurt Roper spent the majority of Tuesday recruiting the Jacksonville area and his first stop of the day was to see athlete Javarius Davis (5-10, 173, Jacksonville, FL Ed White) and roper had a strong message to the talented playmaker.

“Coach Roper came by my school on Tuesday,” Davis said. “It went good, he was just telling me that he wasn’t sure if he was going to be there next year or not but he hopes that he is. He said that Coach McElwain is going to get the program where he needs to be and that Florida won’t be down long and that Florida is a place I should really consider because I can play early.”

Davis hasn’t got to talk to new Gators head coach Jim McElwain yet but according to Roper that should happen soon but Davis has already done his homework on McElwain.

“Coach Roper said that Coach McElwain will be in touch with me sometime this week,” Davis said. “Coach Roper said that Coach McElwain wants me on offense and I’ve looked at some of the things he has done at Colorado State and it was good. I just need to sit down and talk to him and go from there with Florida.”

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n129788 said:
I guess that is the best way for the current coaches to handle the situation while recruiting.

Offensive coordinator Kurt Roper spent the majority of Tuesday recruiting the Jacksonville area and his first stop of the day was to see athlete Javarius Davis (5-10, 173, Jacksonville, FL Ed White) and roper had a strong message to the talented playmaker.

“Coach Roper came by my school on Tuesday,” Davis said. “It went good, he was just telling me that he wasn’t sure if he was going to be there next year or not but he hopes that he is. He said that Coach McElwain is going to get the program where he needs to be and that Florida won’t be down long and that Florida is a place I should really consider because I can play early.”

Davis hasn’t got to talk to new Gators head coach Jim McElwain yet but according to Roper that should happen soon but Davis has already done his homework on McElwain.

“Coach Roper said that Coach McElwain will be in touch with me sometime this week,” Davis said. “Coach Roper said that Coach McElwain wants me on offense and I’ve looked at some of the things he has done at Colorado State and it was good. I just need to sit down and talk to him and go from there with Florida.”

I think that is a very professional and honest way to do it! Good for coach Roper

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorSkin;n129774 said:
Fans on Twitter are probably more annoying than helpful.

This.

I remember somebody posting Mike Davis' twitter feed back in 2011 when he had decommitted. I clicked on it. The banter back and forth from some of our fans, with a 17 year old, was beyond embarrassing. Made a vow that day to never look at a twitter feed again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n129788 said:

Wild stuff. I just find it hard to believe Mac would want a guy he's going to fire recruiting for him. We may keep Roper after all.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ATXGator;n129794 said:
I think that is a very professional and honest way to do it! Good for coach Roper

Agreed. If JM feels he's qualified to run his system, I'd have no problem with him staying on, especially if that continuity helped recruiting.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n129811 said:
Agreed. If JM feels he's qualified to run his system, I'd have no problem with him staying on, especially if that continuity helped recruiting.

that's the big question... if Roper will run JM's system just the same as he ran Cutcliffe's... maybe they merge some of it.. it could be interesting to see what happens.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ATXGator;n129834 said:
that's the big question... if Roper will run JM's system just the same as he ran Cutcliffe's... maybe they merge some of it.. it could be interesting to see what happens.
Remember how motivated and positive Roper was when he got here? Then like two months in he just resulted to the boring Muschamp-like coach speak. I bet Mac and Roper would get along well and some of the life would be brought back into Roper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator