Mac and Company on the Trail

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well whoever pushed him needs to play OL for us because he's 350+ :grin:

I think he was pushed out of the class because he put on a really excessive amount of weight. I don't know how much it was. But supposedly it was drastic and the staff told him that if he didn't bring down his weight that they would not be able to keep him. So then he gained even more weight. At least that's what I've read

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I think he was pushed out of the class because he put on a really excessive amount of weight. I don't know how much it was. But supposedly it was drastic and the staff told him that if he didn't bring down his weight that they would not be able to keep him. So then he gained even more weight. At least that's what I've read

Yes I believe you are correct. He was a fsu lean and I read they didn't want him either because of his weight issue

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I like what we got better, though I probably would have thrown LOIs at the Gaddys and hoped one or both qualified. Hard to say without knowing how far away they are academically.

Don't follow recruiting close enough to be certain but I believe I read (somewhere) that one of the twins was more elite than the other....that UF coaches wanted one but weren't crazy about the package deal. Perhaps, coupled with academic issues, that made them less than desirable as a pair.

Not sure if the one twin was "elite" enough to make it worthwhile to take on the other one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't follow recruiting close enough to be certain but I believe I read (somewhere) that one of the twins was more elite than the other....that UF coaches wanted one but weren't crazy about the package deal. Perhaps, coupled with academic issues, that made them less than desirable as a pair.
We were signing two stars and FIU players man. We could have taken the lesser twin.

But I dont know all the specifics on grades. There is no way for us to know. We seemed to be playing footsey til the end though so Im sure we were on top of it.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We were signing two stars and FIU players man. We could have taken the lesser twin.

But I dont know all the specifics on grades. There is no way for us to know. We seemed to be playing footsey til the end though so Im sure we were on top of it.
I agree we should have at least given the twins a chance. But I doubt we were on top of anything. Remember that DT prospect (our only one) from last year that picked FSU last minute over us? He couldn't even get into :nole: school, let alone UF. :lol:

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Honestly I'm still pissed about Truesdale. Why didn't we end up w' this kid. He wanted to be a Gator. We new the Gaddy's were grade issues. Love Conliffe but want Truesdale also. Still a good class that I am very happy with!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly I'm still pissed about Truesdale. Why didn't we end up w' this kid. He wanted to be a Gator. We new the Gaddy's were grade issues. Love Conliffe but want Truesdale also. Still a good class that I am very happy with!
Definitely some head scratching moves by the staff - we don't always get the behind the scenes details, but sure does seem like we whiffed on Truesdale and KLH, two guys who looked like they wanted to be Gators in the end, but the staff (or lack of) seemed to have effed it up.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I understand being upset about Truesdell.

KLH is a me first type guy. He claims that he didn't commit because we didn't have a coach, but I think there were other issues and that was his excuse.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

This sounds too much like "I trust the coaches". Would you like to rephrase? Seems out of form for you.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely some head scratching moves by the staff - we don't always get the behind the scenes details, but sure does seem like we whiffed on Truesdale and KLH, two guys who looked like they wanted to be Gators in the end, but the staff (or lack of) seemed to have effed it up.

I agree, especially with the added emphasis.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I read a tweet somewhere (think it was posted on here) suggesting we had to pass on them because they were a package deal and only one was going to be accepted...

Albert D Alligator

Jan 27, 2017
He has been known for some time to be quite the dope. This latest incident goes to show where there's smoke, there's fire. Obviously a sticky situation given our lackluster recruiting but, to be blunt, the program just couldn't afford to take another hit to its reputation. That's why I'm not surprised we're hearing it wasn't a joint decision between Mac and the UAA. Sucks for the team, but sometimes you have to weed out the problems before you really get burned.

quite the DOPE...to be BLUNT...take another HIT...a JOINT decision...you have to WEED out...really get BURNED...

I see what you did there. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator