Mac and recruiting...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Truth bomb.

Lot of young guys have played, and played well. Some 3 stars even...:grin:

Future may not be as bleak as we once thought.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Three stars are fine especially at DT and OL and especially if they arent needed to play right damn now.

But when we dont have bodies at multiple positions, there is no excuse.

Last edited:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I was thrilled to see alot of young guys having a big impact on the game against a deep LSU squad. Hopefully its a sign of great things to come!

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't think his golly gee i'm from mayberry relates to teenagers, hope i'm wrong

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't think his golly gee i'm from mayberry relates to teenagers, hope i'm wrong

His players love him, so I guess it works in that regard. We need to upgrade recruiters from Nord and Summers to somebody better.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Because of his recruiting, if the offense isn't significantly better next season, I see a .500 football team because of his poor recruiting on the defensive side of the ball. Stars matter on D.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Three stars are fine especially at DT and OL and especially if they arent needed to play right damn now.

But when we dont have bodies at multiple positions we dont have bodies.

What? Wouldn't the depth issue point to Muschamp more so than Mac?

I have no issue admitting that we have whiffed on DL and need to get that fixed. I really hope the staff focuses a lot of our effort here

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Because of his recruiting, if the offense isn't significantly better next season, I see a .500 football team because of his poor recruiting on the defensive side of the ball. Stars matter on D.

I don't see how it can't be better. Our OL will only get better, and we will have Scarlett and Perine back along with Callaway and Cleveland still. And won't have LDR at QB.

I would agree about the D, but a lot of young guys have played really well these past two games. Gives me hope.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I will say, I'm really pleased with what I'm seeing from the backups. 3 stars be damned. Dudes are steppIng up and this gives me some hope for next year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Again, the problem is the future of defensive recruiting. Not offense. My only issue with offense is the lack of linemen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, but 2 of our better LBs today were freshmen...3 stars.
I'm less excited about 3 star LBs. They usually have glaring weaknesses, like speed, in coverage or covering laterally.

However, we have what we have.

I'm less concerned if the reason they are 3 star is because they are short.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What? Wouldn't the depth issue point to Muschamp more so than Mac?

I have no issue admitting that we have whiffed on DL and need to get that fixed. I really hope the staff focuses a lot of our effort here
Mac is the one that has signed zero DTs and only one inside LB in the last two years.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I think we have found a winning combination on the O-Line

You can't look at this game and not be impressed with our O line leaning on the LSU D and cutting running lanes again and again in the 2nd half. They were clearly stunned at what we were doing to them. After all, LSU was totally superior, as they have been telling us since the hurricane. Fvk LSU. They got what they deserved.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he didn't whiff on DL, he landed some DEs. He whiffed on DTs, and inside backers, and OL the last two years.

And Qbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.