Mac and recruiting...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he didn't whiff on DL, he landed some DEs. He whiffed on DTs, and inside backers, and OL the last two years.

And Qbs.

Yes, I meant DTs. And no he didn't whiff on OL and it's way too early to tell about QBs.

Give it a break and try to enjoy a win. I promise it won't hurt you.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure, but I think I saw Scarlett & Perrine 50% of the time hit the line where the hole was
plugged, yet S&P pulled away from arm tackles and skirted outside where daylight just happen
to be.?? I loved it all but seems a lot was RB stardom.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I just don't think his golly gee i'm from mayberry relates to teenagers, hope i'm wrong

it worked with the guys who won this game today: Reese (THE Beast of the East), Cleveland, Piniero, Scarlett, Joseph, Johnson.

he's got work to do for sure, but this is his 1990 Alabama moment and it gives us a lot to build on.

we haven't had this kind of gut-check win in our DNA for a while and it's the young guys, Mac's guys, who are bringing it back. they are starting to believe even if a lot of us still are gonna need some more convincing.

i still wanna kill Nuss for his play calling in the last seven minutes.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
it worked with the guys who won this game today: Reese (THE Beast of the East), Cleveland, Piniero, Scarlett, Joseph, Johnson.

he's got work to do for sure, but this is his 1990 Alabama moment and it gives us a lot to build on.

we haven't had this kind of gut-check win in our DNA for a while and it's the young guys, Mac's guys, who are bringing it back. they are starting to believe even if a lot of us still are gonna need some more convincing.

i still wanna kill Nuss for his play calling in the last seven minutes.

Busted their azz with the run the whole drive, 3rd and goal at the 1 and he calls a pitch-back that was fumbled for a 7 yard loss. I lost my friggin mind at that 7-point giveaway by our staff.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Three stars are fine especially at DT and OL and especially if they arent needed to play right damn now.

But when we dont have bodies at multiple positions, there is no excuse.
Hopefully we will get there. I think Mac is looking for the right attitude guys. He has to rebuild the team. That's what I'm hanging my hat on.

GatorMD92

Oct 31, 2015
Busted their azz with the run the whole drive, 3rd and goal at the 1 and he calls a pitch-back that was fumbled for a 7 yard loss. I lost my friggin mind at that 7-point giveaway by our staff.
Nuss should have called the QB sneak. That pitch is what caused the LSU to fail on their fourth down attempt.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm less excited about 3 star LBs. They usually have glaring weaknesses, like speed, in coverage or covering laterally.

However, we have what we have.

I'm less concerned if the reason they are 3 star is because they are short.
Good point. They played the run well yesterday and didn't back down but their coverage skills allowed a garbage QB too many easy throws underneath especially on 3rd down. They were also lost on the multiple end around plays LSU ran....
I believe they're good enough to build on but we ned at least 3 solid LBer's in this class.
On a side note I never want to see McMillan on the field again...what a waste of 4 years.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss... bless his poker losing ass :mad:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have an issues with the recruiting from a talent standpoint. It could be better, but look the guys we've gotten so far. The WR recruiting has been lights out. Callaway, Cleveland are studs. Swain and Hammond are solid for Frosh, and look to be able to develop into quality players. Perine looks like a future, if not already, stud. His OLinemen are starting to develop. Zuniga, Jefferson, and even Davis look good on D. Reese and Joseph have been nice surprises. So I'm not so worried about the talent. We could get better talent, no doubt, but I think he's gotten talent that can keep us progressing.

The issue I have with recruiting is the roster management and not identifying positions of need in the correct cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.