Mac Monday presser

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@RobbieAndreu: McElwain: really excited about the win and overcoming some things we've got to get adjusted.

@RobbieAndreu: "As you can tell, I'm a passionate guy," McElwain said. "There are things we can't do to hurt ourselves. They've been addressed."

@GatorsScott: McElwain says he is a real passionate guy, an emotional guy. Saw some real teachable moments vs. ECU.

@gatorhoops: McElwain -- "Our guys played their tails off, that was good to see." #Gators

@GatorsChris: McElwain: I make mistakes, we all make mistakes. It's about evaluating. #Gators

@GatorsScott: Mac: “Sometimes you’ve got to win that way. Defensively, there were some great efforts. Bullard really showed up."

@LandonWatnick: McElwain praises defensive line, said Bullard stepped up. Gives nod to secondary to playing a lot of snaps with Hargreaves out.

@GatorsScott: “We had some really bright spots up there.’’ Mac on OL … singles out F. Johnson and D. Sharpe

@AlligatorArmy: McElwain says Quincy Wilson was in "really good position" on ECU's first TD. ECU WR just "went up and got a rebound," per McElwain.

@GatorsScott: “The quarterbacks, just played OK.’’ Says team must work on ball security issues, unforced errors in red zone.

@osgators: Mac said LB Alex Anzalone will have shoulder examined. CB Vernon Hargreaves (leg) questionable.

@GatorsScott: “We are going to try and get him out there in some drills this week and see where that knee is.” — Mac on OL Martez Ivey

@osgators: Mac said S Keanu Neal (leg) will be 'ready to roll' after missing first two games.

@J_McPherson1126: Mac: "In case you haven't figured it out, I'm a pretty passionate guy, pretty emotional guy." #Gators

@AlligatorArmy: Injuries continued: Ivey: "We're going to try to get him out there in some drills this week." Neal: "Ready to roll." Sherit: Foot, but OK.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@J_McPherson1126: Mac: "Offensively, I thought their defensive line took it to us a little bit." Said Fred Johnson, David Sharpe stood out at tackle. #Gators

@ZachAbolverdi: McElwain says Neal is back, Ivey will practice. Status of Anzalone's shoulder is unknown. VH3 questionable. Case Harrison has thumb injury.

@RobbieAndreu: "Each year they're getting a little bit better," McElwain on Kentucky.

@GatorsScott: McElwain very complimentary of Kentucky’s offense, especially QB Patrick Towles. “I look at this as a heck of a challenge."

@RobbieAndreu: McElwain said he's not sure if he's ready to name a starter. Both probably will play again Saturday.

@GatorsScott: McElwain says he stayed up all night and re-evaluated everything the QBs have done. He can envision both playing again this week.

@LandonWatnick: McElwain on viral sideline tirade video: "There's lessons that even I learned."

@AlligatorArmy: McElwain on tirade going viral: "Rightfully so." "There's lessons even I learned," but "unforced errors are something we can't do."

@onlygators: McElwain on yelling at Kelvin Taylor: "I'm not proud of it and neither is my mother, 94 yo. I got an earful from her, too, & rightfully so."

@RobbieAndreu: "I don't feel good about it. This is a very public job. I know I have a long way to go," McElwain said.

@AlligatorArmy: McElwain on Grier's inaccuracy: "A couple of throws that Bob Uecker might have had fun with."

@GatorsScott: “The frustrating part is we had really made some strides.’’ — Mac on the undisciplined penalties that caused his frustration Saturday

@Morgan_Moriarty: McElwain "I don't feel good about it" Adds that Gators "can't hurt themselves" No formal apology, as expected, at least for me

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@osgators: Mac liked Jarrad Davis' decision to tackle Alex McCalister. Said ECU RB could have chased AM down and popped ball loose.

@onlygators: "Am I proud of it? Absolutely not. Do I feel bad about it? Yes. I have mistakes as well, have to learn about it and move forward." - Mac

@RobbieAndreu: McElwain said fewer players likely will be in the playing rotation now that the Gators are heading into SEC play.

@GatorsScott: Mac said offensive rotation likely to shrink on offense as season progresses; defensive rotation will remain more expanded to stay fresh.

@RobbieAndreu: "We'll still rotate the running backs like we have. KT will carry the bigger burden of everything," McElwain said.

@RobbieAndreu: McElwain said he loves the passion that Kelvin Taylor plays with.

@AlligatorArmy: McElwain says Kelvin Taylor is lead back in three-back rotation, but wants to keep him fresh. "We can't beat him up."

@AndrewSpiveyGC: Mac says that he thought Jordan Cronkrite did a good job and says that Scarlett has to understand ball security.

@osgators: Mac on focus on KT blowup the week of SEC opener: 'It is kind of interesting, but that's the life we live now. Everything is public.'

@AndrewSpiveyGC: Mac not blaming the quarterbacks for everything but saying the other 10 have to get better.

@GatorsScott: “Those guys are going to have to play a bunch more reps. It may mean a little more dime at times.’’ — Mac on LBs without Anzalone

@AndrewSpiveyGC: Mac says that Daniel McMillian will get more time but that Florida may go to more Dime in third down situations.

@osgators: Mac on D-Rob: 'I thought he played consistently and played with some speed and tempo.'

@osgators: Mac: 'Look, I give everything for these guys.' Said went into coaching to help young men develop. 'This is fun group to be around.'

@AlligatorArmy: McElwain on coaching, relationship with players: "We try to treat 'em like they're our own."

@AndrewSpiveyGC: Mac says they're still finding their selves offensively

@J_McPherson1126: McElwain on the two Jordans (Scarlett and Cronkrite): "They both came in expecting to play. And they haven't disappointed." #Gators

@RobbieAndreu: McElwain said he's had a great conversation with Kelvin Taylor about how hard he played in the game.

@osgators: Mac on fiery temperament: 'My dad let me know when I wasn't ... you know, when I was growing up.'

@AlligatorArmy: McElwain attributes "fiery" style to his own father, other coaches. "I'm not saying it's right."

@onlygators: "We talked about how hard he played. We talked about the lessons. And I hugged him, just like I did after the incident happened." Mac on KT

@AndrewSpiveyGC: Mac said that he talked to Kelvin Taylor and that it went great. He said he hugged him and everything is great.

@ZachAbolverdi: With Alex Anzalone out, McElwain says grad transfer Anthony Harrell could see playing time at LB.

@AlligatorArmy: McElwain says, despite Austin Hardin's two missed field goals, he has "total confidence in him."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@osgators: 'I think there was good communication. We were late in the footwork part of it,' Mac on the O-line's growth from Week 1 to 2.

@GatorsScott: “We are obviously a better team with them playing.’’ — McElwain on return of DL Alex McCalister and S Marcus Maye last week

@ZachAbolverdi: McElwain says he played two quarterbacks in 1986, 1989 and 1996. "Mixed bag of results."

@NickdelaTorreGC: MACism: "Sometimes you've got to touch the hot stove and it's gotta burn a little bit to really learn."

@osgators: "He's a guy we knew is important to the team based on how hard he plays. His play really showed up,' On LB Jarrad Davis seizing opportunity.

@ZachAbolverdi: McElwain on Ahmad Fulwood running over East Carolina DB: "That was great. We need him."

@onlygators: Florida #Gators WR Latroy Pittman will return from his two-game suspension this week at Kentucky.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good stuff. Thanks J. Let's hope the teaching moments don't go in one ear and right back out the other.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n278668 said:
@onlygators: Florida #Gators WR Latroy Pittman will return from his two-game suspension this week at Kentucky
Is there anyway we could give him another 2 or 3 games just to make sure he gets the message....:lol2:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I like this one

@onlygators: McElwain on yelling at Kelvin Taylor: "I'm not proud of it and neither is my mother, 94 yo. I got an earful from her, too, & rightfully so."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n278671 said:
mac needs to understand his name is crunk

Right ... hopefully someday soon "crunch time" becomes "crunk time"... like all 3rd & 3 situations.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
GatorJ;n278665 said:
@RobbieAndreu: McElwain said fewer players likely will be in the playing rotation now that the Gators are heading into SEC play
Thank Goodness!!!!

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Fcked that mac don't apologize that was a bone head move. He definitely deserve it. Now find Robinson for it cost us a td with all that talking shi!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Clayton Aldridge;278775 said:
Don't apologize, Mac. Football is so pussified these days.

A reflection of the nation that hands out trophies for participation. It's only a matter of time until we get invaded or bought out because we can't man up when it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator