Mac Monday presser

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
CGgater;278927 said:
A reflection of the nation that hands out trophies for participation. It's only a matter of time until we get invaded or bought out because we can't man up
ce54f258b116f551cd4cefa2abefe953.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Jezuss, biased media working overtime to try and villify Mac on this. standard anti-UF procedure if you ask me. if it had been Meyer at OSU, Saban at Bama, or Fisher at FSU they would have praised the guy for good coaching and mentoring skills.

BUT, since it's UF, they're interviewing the player's dad and labelling it an over-reaction. WTF.

It was a necessary, teachable moment. I admire Mac for not getting down on his knees and begging forgiveness the way so many get bullied into doing by PC media today.

No apologies coach. You're not Chump.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't stand the media trying to get Mac to apologize. It's football..... If you make a mistake you WILL get chewed out. I like that he chewed Taylor out as it will set an example for the other players that it is unacceptable to commit stupid penalties. Those penalties all but guarantee good field position. Go Mac, don't give in to the media retards. Just get our guys coached up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can't even remember how many years I've been waiting for a coach at Florida who actually DOES something about the ridiculous and costly penalties that UF has always racked up. I've always wondered why teams in the state of Florida are always among the worst in penalty yards. My only conclusion is that the state of Florida produces some really stupid yet really talented athletes.

I've witnessed too many games lost or made uneccessarily close because some dumb kid can't get the "ME ME ME" out of his head and has to show what a badass he is. Emphasis on "ass".

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n279011 said:
I can't even remember how many years I've been waiting for a coach at Florida who actually DOES something about the ridiculous and costly penalties that UF has always racked up. I've always wondered why teams in the state of Florida are always among the worst in penalty yards. My only conclusion is that the state of Florida produces some really stupid yet really talented athletes.

I've witnessed too many games lost or made uneccessarily close because some dumb kid can't get the "ME ME ME" out of his head and has to show what a badass he is. Emphasis on "ass".

Those same "dumb" kids end up at Alabama and something different happens. They're held accountable. Suddenly, the number of penalties and acts of self-centeredness are reduced dramatically. Mac's on the right track.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n279014]

Those same "dumb" kids end up at Alabama and something different happens. They're held accountable. Suddenly, the number of penalties and acts of self-centeredness are reduced dramatically. Mac's on the right track. [/QUOTE]

Oh, I agree and that's what's been most frustrating of all.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n279014]

Those same "dumb" kids end up at Alabama and something different happens. They're held accountable. Suddenly, the number of penalties and acts of self-centeredness are reduced dramatically. Mac's on the right track. [/QUOTE]

Then Spurrier, Meyer, and Zook didn't hold our guys accountable, either. We've consistently been one of the most penalized teams not only in the SEC, but in the country, for the better part of three decades now.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n279018 said:
Then Spurrier, Meyer, and Zook didn't hold our guys accountable, either. We've consistently been one of the most penalized teams not only in the SEC, but in the country, for the better part of three decades now.

They didn't.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n279018 said:

They didn't, at least not consistently. I think that's the main thing.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
divits;n279011 said:

A lot of this is based on the whole recruiting process IMO.....They come in as superstars despite not having done sh!t on a CFB field. Then again as Capt. said in a post above we have been one of the most penalized teams for 3 decades so who knows. What's puzzling is that it's not the same coach or same players. As a Gator fan I've always felt that there is some kind of long lingering anti-UF sentiment within the conference but I'm sure a lot of other fans of other schools feel the same way.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n279025 said:
A lot of this is based on the whole recruiting process IMO.....They come in as superstars despite not having done sh!t on a CFB field. Then again as Capt. said in a post above we have been one of the most penalized teams for 3 decades so who knows. What's puzzling is that it's not the same coach or same players. As a Gator fan I've always felt that there is some kind of long lingering anti-UF sentiment within the conference but I'm sure a lot of other fans of other schools feel the same way.

But that is the case at every school yet other schools who win don't have the same penalty issues. I think it's endemic of state of Florida athletes for reasons I can't quite figure out.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be happy if Mac never loses it again on a kid. Muschamp was criticized for it and I think turnabout is fair play. In fact, knowing McElwain's philosophy (as much as I can two games in), I think his tirade was selfish. I don't mind him getting on a player, but he wasn't using his emotions, he was being carried away by them. I think he's a good coach and I look forward to him further establishing his way at UF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n279193 said:
I'll be happy if Mac never loses it again on a kid. Muschamp was criticized for it and I think turnabout is fair play. In fact, knowing McElwain's philosophy (as much as I can two games in), I think his tirade was selfish. I don't mind him getting on a player, but he wasn't using his emotions, he was being carried away by them. I think he's a good coach and I look forward to him further establishing his way at UF.
You got a like on this post?

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Fishon;n278978 said:
Can we get a translation on dubster's post please?
let me water this down for you. mac should not apologize and robinson has been close to receiving penalties for taunting mac needs to find him during games and get a handle on this before they call a touchdown back

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n279244 said:
let me water this down for you. mac should not apologize and robinson has been close to receiving penalties for taunting mac needs to find him during games and get a handle on this before they call a touchdown back

:lol2: dude, go back and read your first post. It didn't need to be watered down, just written in english. Thanks for posting what you meant, and I agree with you on Mac and Drob

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n279244 said:
I was right! :stars:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator