Mac REFUSED Spurrier’s help

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
No wonder Mac got fired. Can't coach, can't design an offense, can't accept help, can't fire who needs to be fired....and makes crap up and lies at press conferences

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Sorry but I do not think that is all that unusual

I don't think it is that unusual either. BUT you can not let it get around that you turned down SOS's advice AND have a 100+ offense in the country. That type of thing turns you into a laughing stock and get you terminated.

fairfaxgator

Jan 24, 2017
Mac was too folksy...upper western stuff...PBJ/Clarabelle/bbq sauce...you know the stuff you find in 1950s western movies...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That's why I was trying to tell you guys he'd never let SOS on the staff. It's an ego thing, he didn't want to be overshadowed.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not like Mac had a resume or anything to go on.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's why I was trying to tell you guys he'd never let SOS on the staff. It's an ego thing, he didn't want to be overshadowed.

That could be. It could also be that going around your offensive coordinator for offensive plays isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of said OC.

That's right, a can of worms.

If Mac had half a brain and/or spleen, he'd have fired Nuss on the spot and handed SOS the keys. Yeah, he'd be overshadowed alright, and it may have led to his collecting a check for $4 mil next season.

Not that money is everything.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Not only that but I heard Mac was eating Spurrier's leftovers from the office fridge.
And he never made a new pot of coffee claiming he "didn't have time". Dammit if you've got time to drink a cup of coffee you've got time to make a pot.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Mac was too folksy...upper western stuff...PBJ/Clarabelle/bbq sauce...you know the stuff you find in 1950s western movies...

Being down to earth or folksy didn't get Mac fired. Personally, I originally liked the PBJ stories. He got fired because he was brought in to make Florida football exciting again he failed to do that.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I don't care if you are the world's greatest expert at something. If someone clearly knowledgeable offers advice... you accept it. Period. Especially when they have experience doing exactly what you are trying to do. No one is so smart that they can't learn something new.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Its going to be crazy having Nuss still here for these next few games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator