Mac REFUSED Spurrier’s help

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not only that but I heard Mac was eating Spurrier's leftovers from the office fridge.
And he never made a new pot of coffee claiming he "didn't have time". Dammit if you've got time to drink a cup of coffee you've got time to make a pot.

Do we need to get you a hanky for the presser?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Fook you Mac. You don't treat a legend like that. If I got a chance to get a legend's help in my field, I'm not going "No thanks. I don't need you."

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Not only that but I heard Mac was eating Spurrier's leftovers from the office fridge.
And he never made a new pot of coffee claiming he "didn't have time". Dammit if you've got time to drink a cup of coffee you've got time to make a pot.
Now that sounds about right. Butters should have spent more time on coming up with winning game plans and less time on worrying about who has kitchen duty.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Sorry but I do not think that is all that unusual

When your offense is ranked 113th and you turn down a national champion’s offer to help, your pride is getting in the way. And there are ways to handle that while maintaining the leadership structure.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I read somewhere that SOS offered to help out with the QBs, nothing more. Not sure how you turn down a heisman winning QB? I'll take it a step further...even if said old coach offers said help...you take it. As good will. SOS is royalty. Have him come down for a day and do it because it can't hurt and having another set of expert eyes can help. Maybe it doesn't do anything. You can surely tell your buddy(nuss) you are doing out of respect and maybe we'll learn a trick or two. No one said you had to hire him.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Its going to be crazy having Nuss still here for these next few games.

It could be...little bit of a long winded story, so stick with me. I took my son to the Vanderbilt game, and we met a guy hanging out at the Swamp restaurant who mentioned that his son was a GA on the staff. After a couple adult beverages, he mentioned that his son said that he witnessed Nuss and Shannon almost coming to blows in front of numerous players in the locker room. Take it for what it is, but this train wreck might not be over.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It could be...little bit of a long winded story, so stick with me. I took my son to the Vanderbilt game, and we met a guy hanging out at the Swamp restaurant who mentioned that his son was a GA on the staff. After a couple adult beverages, he mentioned that his son said that he witnessed Nuss and Shannon almost coming to blows in front of numerous players in the locker room. Take it for what it is, but this train wreck might not be over.
GIF-clint-eastwood-happy-interested-pleased-satisfied-yes-GIF.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Well it won’t continue past December.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Shannon probably told Nuss his first-half playcalling was going to help Miami more than he'd ever know.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It's not like Mac had a resume or anything to go on.

Just a picture of the trophy case and that sign over the stadium - oh yeah, and that field.

SOS didn’t have great offenses or QB’s at SC, but his ability to look at a defensive formation and design a play that will exploit it is uncanny. I’d have had met with him weekly - as much as he would. It’s not just the X’s & O’s. What a gift to have a wise, insightful sounding board for any and every issue. If he actually refused it he is a fool.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If that happened, maybe Shannon will tell Nuss to GTFO tomorrow and give someone else the playcalling duties.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That could be. It could also be that going around your offensive coordinator for offensive plays isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of said OC.
That's CRAZY. You take every opportunity to learn from the gurus of your field. I've seen young associate attorneys like this, they are afraid to ask for help or listen to advise. You don't have to take it but you absolutely should take ever effort to get other viewpoints from experienced professionals. It's getting years of experience distilled into hours or days. Most elite staffs send people to other programs. You may never want to run a spread option or a run and shoot but some of the concepts may be adaptable. If NOTHING else, you know how to defend another Run and Shoot coach better defensively.

You guys think SEALS, SAS, "Delta" don't encourage learning off each other and sharing notes? That they are incompetent if they have to ask others to share their tactics or experiences?

I guess it takes MORE CONFIDENCE to admit you don't know everything and to seek out more knowledge.

More fool than ego.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator