Mac REFUSED Spurrier’s help

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think SOS could draw up plays, in the middle of the game, in the dirt, and have a more productive offense than we've had around here in a very long time.
I'm sure you do believe that but then again you're stoned

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I cant wait for the behind the scenes stories to start leaking. Theres gotta be some great ones with how arrogant Mac is.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Accepting Sos' help while Nuss was still on staff would have been a weird situation, but Nuss should've been gone after last year anyway. The fact that we had 3 years of not only a bad offense, but one that literally had no identity or even knew how to line up properly, and the only coaching turnover we had on that side of the ball was an oline coach is disgraceful.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I believe that Saban does the same thing.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/more/la-sp-nick-saban-alabama-20170106-story.html

Not coaches but if I can see this and think we should do all of these things, how can a professional coach not see and do them?

Our next coach better do all this and more.

Mac couldn't keep track of anything mentally on game day - involvement as a coach in the game right in front of him, adjustments to stop the opponent, the clock in the final minute, number of timeouts he had left, the inability to articulate thought into speech whenever a microphone was in his face... if the man has any real leadership skills he never showed them. This is the first staff I've seen that had no idea how to improve anything so apparently did nothing and hoped things would get better. No Leadership. It was nice to hear Stricklin refer to leadership so many times in yesterday's presser. I see intelligence and competence on the horizon for us - what a relief!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I’ll bet Seider could do a decent job of calling plays. He’s had a year to learn the playbook.

#nussdontletthedoorhitya

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.