Mac talks QB

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
“Luke has been having some really good practices out there,” McElwain said earlier this month. “I think you guys were probably updated even through the summer of when he came here, he was a little bit of a spark plug out there. A guy who kind of knows how to go about it. He’ll be a guy obviously heavily in the mix moving forward. We’re sure excited he’s here.”

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/mcelwains-plan-for-the-florida-gators-quarterback/

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know about Del Rio. He comes from a father that was too dumb to take Tebow. Let's hope he has his mom's brains.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Del Rio is going to be a better option than Franks and will be the starter. Mostly due to the fact that Franks is going to be raw and a true freshman, never wise to start a true freshman at Qb if you can help. And Del Rio has already been here a year and knows the playbook. I'm really confident he can be a solid QB for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
“Luke has been having some really good practices out there,” McElwain said earlier this month. “I think you guys were probably updated even through the summer of when he came here, he was a little bit of a spark plug out there. A guy who kind of knows how to go about it. He’ll be a guy obviously heavily in the mix moving forward. We’re sure excited he’s here.”

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/mcelwains-plan-for-the-florida-gators-quarterback/

This. This is why I believe that McElwain is the right coach for us. I only wish that he'll spend more than four or five years here.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Guy came in and had a really good scrimmage," McElwain said. "He did some good things for us."

"He does a nice job," McElwain said. "He’s a big, strong guy that throws the ball well. I think did a pretty good job on scout [team] last year, at least the bit I watched."

"He’s got good size, good velocity," McElwain said.

That's what Mac said about Jacob Guy last summer. Yet he stuck with Treon and watched us get blown out game after game. Not going to believe anything he says about quarterbacks any more. I'll wait and see who he puts in real games and make a judgement at that time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who doesn't know what a talent Josh Grady is doesn't deserve to coach UF, or Vandy, or Pedo State.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Guy came in and had a really good scrimmage," McElwain said. "He did some good things for us."

"He does a nice job," McElwain said. "He’s a big, strong guy that throws the ball well. I think did a pretty good job on scout [team] last year, at least the bit I watched."

That's what Mac said about Jacob Guy last summer. Yet he stuck with Treon and watched us get blown out game after game. Not going to believe anything he says about quarterbacks any more. I'll wait and see who he puts in real games and make a judgement at that time.
:lmao2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well he did coach at Bama, so I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Just to be safe I'm only claiming 1 NC for his first year here.
Well, Bammer does claim an NC for a three loss season in which they lost the bowl game, so I guess we can also.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Seriously, what do you expect him to say? Guy's a walk-on for a reason, and we all know that. Mac's merely highlighting some of his positive attributes. Nowhere in that quote does his indicate that he was a threat to the top guys, nor does he hint at possibly using him. He even admits that he'd only seen a little bit of his practices. Not sure I'd be ok with a coach publicly detailing a player's deficiencies and scoffing at the notion of his ever being our QB.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

+1

Inexcusable to not even put one of the backups in, even for a series or two. "QB guru" my ass....

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who doesn't know what a talent Josh Grady is doesn't deserve to coach UF, or Vandy, or Pedo State.
Didn't Grady come here to play WR because of how bad that group sucked, but got moved to QB because Jacob Guy couldn't play 3rd string?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, what do you expect him to say? Guy's a walk-on for a reason, and we all know that. Mac's merely highlighting some of his positive attributes. Nowhere in that quote does his indicate that he was a threat to the top guys, nor does he hint at possibly using him. He even admits that he'd only seen a little bit of his practices. Not sure I'd be ok with a coach publicly detailing a player's deficiencies and scoffing at the notion of his ever being our QB.

He's a walk-on because his dad is rich and can easily afford the scholarship cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Exactly my point. Couldn't his praising of Del Rio be the same thing? How do you know what's real and what's not.

BTW, apparently his comments about Guy were taken pretty seriously by some.

The Gainesville Sun’s Robbie Andreu says it’s unlikely, but he won’t rule it out, either.

“Maybe he’ll disappear. Maybe he won’t,” Andreu wrote on Thursday.

“One thing we do know is the competition at QB is not what we thought it was going to be this spring. It’s not just Harris versus Grier. There’s another Guy involved -- and he’s legitimately in the hunt for the starting role.”

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
...How do you know what's real and what's not...
Indeed, how do we know? We could be living in The Matrix. Maybe we live in our own personal version of The Truman Show. I am going to side with Descartes on this one: I think, therefore I am.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
But how is that any than what he said about del rio? Isn't he a walk on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.