Mac talks QB

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Exactly my point. Couldn't his praising of Del Rio be the same thing? How do you know what's real and what's not.

BTW, apparently his comments about Guy were taken pretty seriously by some.

The Gainesville Sun’s Robbie Andreu says it’s unlikely, but he won’t rule it out, either.

“Maybe he’ll disappear. Maybe he won’t,” Andreu wrote on Thursday.

“One thing we do know is the competition at QB is not what we thought it was going to be this spring. It’s not just Harris versus Grier. There’s another Guy involved -- and he’s legitimately in the hunt for the starting role.”

But there is a considerable difference between saying a few nice things about a player you've seen in limited scout team tape, and saying you're excited about a player being here and that he'll be heavily in the mix going forward.

As for your notion that Andreu and the Sun are routinely a step behind and lack any comprehension of basic coach speak, leaving them little actual journalism integrity, but rather making them a lazy bunch that put out a unique combination of fairly obvious "scoops" and unfounded speculation that a 5 year old could see through....congrats on your groundbreaking revelation.:lol:

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
Exactly my point. Couldn't his praising of Del Rio be the same thing? How do you know what's real and what's not.

BTW, apparently his comments about Guy were taken pretty seriously by some.

The Gainesville Sun’s Robbie Andreu says it’s unlikely, but he won’t rule it out, either.

“Maybe he’ll disappear. Maybe he won’t,” Andreu wrote on Thursday.

“One thing we do know is the competition at QB is not what we thought it was going to be this spring. It’s not just Harris versus Grier. There’s another Guy involved -- and he’s legitimately in the hunt for the starting role.”

So your "evidence" as to why Guy should clearly have come in and replaced Treon last year, is a quote from Mac himself (which basically just states that Jacob has good size and throws the ball with a little mustard) and a speculative article from Robbie Andrue? Ok, dude.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
But how is that any than what he said about del rio? Isn't he a walk on?

Read the quotes again, and muster aaaaaall of your brain power. Two totally different reviews.

In summary, Guy "did some good things" with the scout team. He's big and has solid arm strength. Del Rio came in and brought "a zing" (I believe it was) to practice and the team for a month. Mac also mentions he's "happy he's a Gator" (something he said about Grier, KT, Callaway, Hargreaves--thus special players). And specifically states he'll be in the mix for the starting job. He never said that about Guy.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So your "evidence" as to why Guy should clearly have come in and replaced Treon last year, is a quote from Mac himself (which basically just states that Jacob has good size and throws the ball with a little mustard) and a speculative article from Robbie Andrue? Ok, dude.
Spin it however you want girl.

giphy.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Reading comprehension is a thing of the past. Pictures needed.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Well, most were pretty much positive we would lose with Harris out there so inserting our injured kicker as QB wouldnt make much difference anyhow.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess we all interpret coach speak differently.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Read the quotes again, and muster aaaaaall of your brain power. Two totally different reviews.

In summary, Guy "did some good things" with the scout team. He's big and has solid arm strength. Del Rio came in and brought "a zing" (I believe it was) to practice and the team for a month. Mac also mentions he's "happy he's a Gator" (something he said about Grier, KT, Callaway, Hargreaves--thus special players). And specifically states he'll be in the mix for the starting job. He never said that about Guy.
Mac said multiple times that he was glad treon was a gator... Just sayin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But how is that any than what he said about del rio? Isn't he a walk on?
Because he didn't say this "He’ll be a guy obviously heavily in the mix moving forward" about Guy...you seriously need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Here's a tip...read each post at least twice before commenting. Read twice post once....or never...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because he didn't say this "He’ll be a guy obviously heavily in the mix moving forward" about Guy...you seriously need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Here's a tip...read each post at least twice before commenting. Read twice post once....or never...
:popcorn:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
From what I saw from Franks in the U.S. All American Bowl, I think he is a little raw. He made some bad decisions. I think he was use to make those decisions against regular High School DBs, but he found out that you cannot make those with elite guys. I am hoping that Del Rio is the answer at least for next year or the year after, and that he can manage a game averaging 225-250 yards 2 TDs and 0.5 INTs a game. If we can get that from him I think we can repeat as East Champs and maybe go a little further than we did this year.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Higher maturity of the nomad, 'journeyman', it's time QB in DR may have some karma.. I hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator