Mac Will Be Here Till End of 2018 IMO

g8torfan

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
At this point, I'd cut my left nut off to have Zook back. At least the cupboard would be stocked for the next guy. As it stands now, we're gonna be in "brick by brick" mode which is something like a 10-20 year rebuild.
He could recruit his A$$ off!

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
There's a solution here. Schedule some big time neutral site games like the Michigan game. Those are worth about 5mil. Not to mention the extra exposure.
We're Florida, we choose to schedule FAU and proceed to go to overtime with them and miraculously win.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just read this on USA Today. Spot on.
Florida: Both of Jim McElwain’s first two seasons have followed the same pattern. We start by question how this team is going to win any games at all, then we marvel about how amazing Florida’s defense looks and how much they’re overachieving before finally realizing that the offense is so bereft of talent that it’s ultimately going to collapse. The problem is, it seems Florida’s players understand that trajectory as well.

When it became clear last season the offense was getting worse, not better, the defense eventually checked out as well late in the season. The same thing appears to be happening now, as Arkansas just overwhelmed the Gators 31-10. Florida fans aren't fooled by the No. 16 ranking and 6-2 record. This is a mediocre team that doesn’t have a single good win or a functional offense.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Florida: Both of Jim McElwain’s first two seasons have followed the same pattern. We start by question how this team is going to win any games at all, then we marvel about how amazing Florida’s defense looks and how much they’re overachieving before finally realizing that the offense is so bereft of talent that it’s ultimately going to collapse. The problem is, it seems Florida’s players understand that trajectory as well.

When it became clear last season the offense was getting worse, not better, the defense eventually checked out as well late in the season. The same thing appears to be happening now, as Arkansas just overwhelmed the Gators 31-10. Florida fans aren't fooled by the No. 16 ranking and 6-2 record. This is a mediocre team that doesn’t have a single good win or a functional offense.
agreed. except I wouldn't give the defense that much credit they've been overrated the past two seasons.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Ouch. I would have given you a like but now I don't know if imma be able to sleep after reading that

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014

Man that's spooky accurate. The bad news is, if this season follows last season, expect Hee Haw to go ultra-conservative and call it "simplifying the offense" and blame the QB for it. This is of course just an excuse for his poor coaching skills after assuring us he could teach his dog to play QB.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Foley is the gift that keeps on giving. I'm surprised he didn't give out some lifetime contracts. His legacy is severely tarnished by Chump and Butters. My girl asked last night why our coach has such yellow teeth. I swear.

Mac has no cachet. None. And if he's given a 4th year you can pretty much kiss the program good-bye. Recruiting will bottom out and we'll be looking at the roaring 20's before we are relevant again.

Foley is responsible for Zook, Chump and our current hot garbage. He basically had the number one overall pick in Meyer. A no-brainer. Anyone that can fog up a mirror could've made that choice. 1/4 is his legacy. We better not see any statues of that guy. I imagine it will be vandalized regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator