Major Wright cut - Trey Burton makes Eagles

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Major Wright?!?

Five former Gators who played during the preseason were cut over the weekend — quarterback Rex Grossman (Browns), offensive guards Jon Halapio (Patriots) and Maurice Hurt (Redskins), defensive end Justin Trattou (Vikings) and safety Major Wright (Bucs).

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a little surprised by major wright, but that's about it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm surprised by Major Wright as well. Lovie Smith is a huge Major Wright fan, and was talking about him very positively almost all offseason. But they have a lot of younger talent at safety due to the previous regime.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Did you know that Trey Burton made the Eagles? :faint:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Halapio is real surprising as they traded that O linemen right before the cut days and were saying it probably meant Halapio would be on the Pats roster. Max Starks was also cut after quite a few years playing - I am not sure if someone picked him up or not.

It was reported a few days ago that Grossman would be kept over Shaw I thought.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I kind of had a feeling he would due to his versatility to help on ST etc.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Me too Fever... That and the fact that he will do ANYTHING required to work his way onto the field...

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I was never a huge Halapio fan. I always though he was average, but I'm in the minority I think. So it isn't surprising to me that he got cut. Congrats to Burton.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprised about Burton, his last game he led the team in rec. and yds.Happy for Watkins too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It says Burton made the team as the 4th TE. I'm guessing he's going to be contributing a lot on special teams. It's a hell of an accomplishment just to make an NFL roster.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;40097 said:
I was never a huge Halapio fan. I always though he was average, but I'm in the minority I think. So it isn't surprising to me that he got cut. Congrats to Burton.

Can't pass block to save his life. There isn't a single year he was on our line that they excelled in any capacity.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;40101 said:
It says Burton made the team as the 4th TE. I'm guessing he's going to be contributing a lot on special teams. It's a hell of an accomplishment just to make an NFL roster.

He's a helluva player. He's going to be playing for a while in this league IMO. Not a big time player. But a workhorse and a ST ace.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n40114 said:
Can't pass block to save his life. There isn't a single year he was on our line that they excelled in any capacity.
what are you talking about? he graded out as champion every game

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n40097 said:
Your not the minority. He wasn't very good.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Halapio seemed lost on many passing plays but he could really manhandle some people on running plays when healthy.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n40101 said:

I remember on the old board there was some T REX wannabe (or maybe it was T REX) goose stepping around saying how much Burton "sucks" even after he was signed by the Eagles. I guess the Eagles must be blind.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n40348 said:
I remember on the old board there was some T REX wannabe (or maybe it was T REX) goose stepping around saying how much Burton "sucks" even after he was signed by the Eagles. I guess the Eagles must be blind.

:burn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.