Make Spurrier Honorary Two Bits For FSU!

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
What do folks think?

The HBC is just kicking it right now. What a shot in the arm his presence would be for that game.

Start the social media campaign?

Forget it?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I bleed Orange and Blue, and I approve this message!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If they can't get SOS, they could always get Bates to impersonate him.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n307458 said:
IMO, it should be all three of these guys since the date matches perfectly. But I can't get this to grow legs on twitter and I don't know anybody on the inside to see if they can:

Courtesy of saltygator

They've already announced, it's Matt LaPorta this weekend. But wouldn't Spurrier be great for the F$U game...I approve. Who's going to start the cheesy Change.org petition?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n307467 said:
They've already announced, it's Matt LaPorta this weekend. But wouldn't Spurrier be great for the F$U game...I approve. Who's going to start the cheesy Change.org petition?

Nevermind, I'm thinking THIS weekend, and the OP is worried about FSU 4 weeks away...

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n307467 said:
IMO, it should be all three of these guys since the date matches perfectly. But I can't get this to grow legs on twitter and I don't know anybody on the inside to see if they can:

Courtesy of saltygator

How did you quote Nav's post that isn't even there? :suspect:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n307483 said:
How did you quote Nav's post that isn't even there? :suspect:

I deleted it after I realized this was about the FSU game and not this weekend.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
So let me get this straight, the Head ball coaches first time home after retiring and you want him to impersonate a male cheer leader. Who started this thread Sasquatch? It will never happen.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
IF SOS went out there before the fsucks game to do that the roof (if they had one) would blow off from the cheering............

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thk&ThnG8r;n307517 said:
So let me get this straight, the Head ball coaches first time home after retiring and you want him to impersonate a male cheer leader. Who started this thread Sasquatch? It will never happen.

Not to be a bit** about it, but George Edmonson started the 2 Bits cheer in 1949, 66 years ago. Before scantily clad female cheerleaders, I'd imagine. So terming it "impersonating a male cheerleader" is a bit of a stretch, IMO.

Mr. 2 Bits is one of the finest of Gator Traditions. And totally unique.

It may be too soon for SOS to show up for homecoming or even FSU, but of all the people on the planet, HE is a founding member of Gator Nation, and knows damn good and well the significance of 2 Bits. (Plus, I well remember how it felt after he left us, I'm no fan of SC, but I wouldn't care to rub their noses in it.....look what he did for their program, too. Not the same, but not so very different).

Actually, I would much rather see him take it on in Atlanta....THAT would be sweet.

P.S. He didn't retire. He resigned from USCe. Vast difference (or so he said).

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Let me say how glad I am you are posting again, l especially liked the pictures you use to post of costa rica onthe old board. I am plenty old enough to know the significance and tradtions of mr. 2 bits. I just think SOS is the one person on the planet above it. Just my opinion. Do you really think he will coach again? I don't, he's retired from coaching again just my opinion.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thk&ThnG8r;n307517 said:

Um, and you are?

SOS would be a great choice for Two Bits.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;307606 said:
Um, and you are?

SOS would be a great choice for Two Bits.

+1

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
CGgater;n307637 said:
+1

I'm a Spurrier lover my dad would make me sit on the couch just to watch him punt for the 49rs. I would be embarrassed to ask him.
If I am the only person who feels that way so be it.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Thk&ThnG8r;307641 said:
I'm a Spurrier lover my dad would make me sit on the couch just to watch him punt for the 49rs. I would be embarrassed to ask him.

You are not. I am not a fan of the celebrity two bits deal, but we are in the minority.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Thk&ThnG8r;307641 said:

It's an awesome and unique tradition at UF that really epitomizes loyal fanhood built by the decades of "wait till next year." Carrying on that great tradition should in NO WAY be considered embarrassing or beneath our Favorite Son who received that support for an incredible 12 year run.

I think you need to lighten up a bit because you're coming across as a bit of a snob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator