Makes me sick - UK might go undefeated

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dang, I didn't know we had Coach Cal nutswingers on this board. Disappointing. :nutswinger:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110330 said:
Dang, I didn't know we had Coach Cal nutswingers on this board. Disappointing. :nutswinger:

Just because they're being acknowledged as good? It is what it is.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hate it , but they are loaded and the favorite to win it all this year.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The hockey line up change is an interesting strategy. We'll see if it works in the long run and if he changes the lineups causing kids to pout.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n110318 said:
Agreed. He's a personable guy and the kids love him. Why wouldn't a kid want to go play there? It's a powerhouse, traditional basketball program. That arena is legendary. And for those implying he's cheating, all I hear are crickets. Where's the NCAA? It's just like those saying Saban cheats. Or Hugh Freeze (who said it best, "If anyone has any proof we are cheating I request they contact the NCAA and report us right away." So far? Nothing). The thing is, he doesn't have to cheat! It's Kentucky! Remember when there were cries that Billy D was cheating because we were landing so many good recruits early in his tenure? In fact, I'm almost certain it was Roy Williams (when he was at Kansas) that made the accusation.

I don't have links, only my memory, which is fading fast..................
But I believe I remember after Coach Slimeball left UMass and then Memphis, recruiting violations by him and his staff surfaced at both places, and both of those schools were punished for it. The dirtbag has got some Teflon coating that's for sure, and knows when to move on (kind of like Pete Carroll of the football world). I would not want to play for a used car salesman, which is essentially what he is - offering a temporary ride to young men hoping to make a living playing BB.
Is that better, Ox?

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
GatorBart;n110355 said:
I don't have links, only my memory, which is fading fast..................
But I believe I remember after Coach Slimeball left UMass and then Memphis, recruiting violations by him and his staff surfaced at both places, and both of those schools were punished for it. The dirtbag has got some Teflon coating that's for sure, and knows when to move on (kind of like Pete Carroll of the football world). I would not want to play for a used car salesman, which is essentially what he is - offering a temporary ride to young men hoping to make a living playing BB.
Is that better, Ox?

Dude has 31 people in the NBA. Even if they played for one season they would make more than most would in 10 years. UMass and Memphis were not terrible violations. At UMass Camby took money from an agent and at Memphis Rose cheated on the SAT and his brother was allowed to come to games for free. Callipari was never punished for these and it was never said that he was responsible. Might be slimy but still gets the best talent and has great teams.

Gatorwitt

Founding Member
Hugh Jassole
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Uk has 9 Mcdonalds All Americans. Duke also has 9. The Los Angeles Lakers have 6. Marinate on that for a minute.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pissed at the player advantages UK has = 2 first string teams, both rankable top-10 ?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gatorwitt;n110468 said:
Uk has 9 Mcdonalds All Americans. Duke also has 9. The Los Angeles Lakers have 6. Marinate on that for a minute.

Deeper pockets at Duke and UK.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Duke and Kentucky are definitely the best two teams outthere right now. Kentucky's going to be nearly impossible because they're possibly the biggest college basketball ever assembled. Nobody's going to constantly get good looks against them. They also own the boards. That being said Kansas was overrated

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
i watched us play against miami the other night. i dont know what it is but we are missing something. leadership or something no way we should of lost that game

Gatorwitt

Founding Member
Hugh Jassole
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have zero inside presence. That is why Kensucky will beat us at least twice this year. Even with Walker and Murphy we will be out-rebounded 2 to 1

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Ky wins it all this year, do they end up as the final #1 and #2 since they have two 5 man teams?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that UK is so good doesn't really bother me, they have an NBA team in relation to talent and income. What bothers me is the fact that I will have to listen to Vitale slurp Calipari's azz for the next 4-5 months. Vitale is obsessed with convincing everyone that Calipari is a great coach. I am still not buying it.

Gatorwitt

Founding Member
Hugh Jassole
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Double Gator Dad;n110675 said:
The fact that UK is so good doesn't really bother me, they have an NBA team in relation to talent and income. What bothers me is the fact that I will have to listen to Vitale slurp Calipari's azz for the next 4-5 months. Vitale is obsessed with convincing everyone that Calipari is a great coach. I am still not buying it.

Cal is a great recruiter but not a good coach

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We'll split with them for the home-home. In Billy I trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator