Making grown men cry

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Seems like most of the offense is his players all 4 Qb's are his guys 4/5 Rb are his guys and 7/11 Wr are his players so wtf is the problem? I know the line is not the greatest and they are young but they got worse over time not better. He needs his players they said and things would get better, we'll all I see is the team getting worse the more players he brings in. The end of next year can't get here fast enough I want this clown off our campus.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So us and Vandy are the only 2 teams in the SEC not to average 400 yards of offense in any season the last 7 years. Another crazy offensive stat.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
All we heard last year was that year 2 was when Mac offenses take off. Well this year was at best equal to last year and certainly no better. My favorite excuse is that he "doesn't have his QB." Well all 4 of them are guys he got. The next excuse is that LDR and AA suck. Fine, Franks was supposed to be the savior, why not play him? "You can't play him, he's a freshman!" Well, I see plenty of other freshman starting and playing around the country this year. There's always another excuse.

I put it to you all that the reason we suck is because Meyer was a zombie his final year here, Muschamp sucked, and now McElwain sucks. As much as I can't stand Muschamp, McElwain has been saved largely by a defense Muschamp recruited, much of which will not be here next year. I am very afraid the shrinking number of :pumper:'s here are about to find out just how awful McElwain is next year.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like most of the offense is his players all 4 Qb's are his guys 4/5 Rb are his guys and 7/11 Wr are his players so wtf is the problem? I know the line is not the greatest and they are young but they got worse over time not better. He needs his players they said and things would get better, we'll all I see is the team getting worse the more players he brings in. The end of next year can't get here fast enough I want this clown off our campus.
He's not going anywhere. That is a pipe dream. He'll be around to Hee and Haw at least one more years unless he get struck by lightening.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Yep, pretty much. What worries me is that it will really have to get worse. Part of me fears that nothing will be done until the end of 2018 season. But I will give you this. The OL IMO played better and did give AA time to throw especially once McCoy started. Worst pass blocker Jordan Scarlett. Sure the QB is a problem and the place to start. But there is LOTS of problems to fix.

I put it to you all that the reason we suck is because Meyer was a zombie his final year here, Muschamp sucked, and now McElwain sucks. As much as I can't stand Muschamp, McElwain has been saved largely by a defense Muschamp recruited, much of which will not be here next year.

It's hard to get past the suckage when the suckage has been so long.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet... why is this even a news article.

Anyone who hasn't had his head in the sand already knew this is true.

Next year will be interesting to watch. When Chimp pulled his 4-8 shytshow, the Pumpers banded together claiming it was only the worst string of injuries ever in the history of mankind to cause it. What will their excuse be this time?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Either way next year its on Mac entirely. The defense wont be as good so he will have to win based on producing a decent offense which he will entirely own personnel wise.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After reading this article it is easy to give Mac a pass and hide behind the talent issues, Unfortunately, he is supposed to be an offensive guru and a guru could find a way to make it work. Of course, this would require flexibility in the offensive style and creative play calling.

In the last two seasons Mac has demonstrated a complete unwillingness to change the offensive philosophy regardless of the strengths of his roster and the play calling is so predictable that most Gator fans can tell you what is coming most of the time.

I will continue to hold out hope that the offense will improve when he gets "his guy" or "his next guy" or "his third guy" at QB.

I feel like it is the 70's when we would dream that next year was the year.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Next year will be interesting to watch. When Chimp pulled his 4-8 shytshow, the Pumpers banded together claiming it was only the worst string of injuries ever in the history of mankind to cause it. What will their excuse be this time?

I'm sure we can find something to be :pumper:about.

:monkey:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only way our little sanctuary has a chance of being/sounding civil is if there is some significant assistant coach changes. I think the jury has already returned the verdict on recruiting this cycle. It's going to be verbal mayhem around here all spring/summer if the same supporting cast is in charge of developing and recruiting next season. Without change, I don't see how we expect change after two full seasons of watching fact.
:facepalm:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

Oh...I guarantee the "G-ville media" already has a long list ready to put out for the "pumpers" to cling to!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
As much as I can't stand Muschamp, McElwain has been saved largely by a defense Muschamp recruited, much of which will not be here next year.

Muschamp's recruits were largely a non factor for our defense this year, especially in the last 6 games or so. It was Mac's recruits (mostly freshman) that stepped up and showed the biggest upside of this team.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp's recruits were largely a non factor for our defense this year, especially in the last 6 games or so. It was Mac's recruits (mostly freshman) that stepped up and showed the biggest upside of this team.
I would say so on offense, but what is considered stepping up when you are out of the top 100?
On defense, Wilson, Tabor, Maye, Brantley, Davis and Anzalone were not Mac's guys. Who are we really talking about? Reece, Jefferson and Gardner are the only ones that appear to be better than average.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I would say so on offense, but what is considered stepping up when you are out of the top 100?
On defense, Wilson, Tabor, Maye, Brantley, Davis and Anzalone were not Mac's guys. Who are we really talking about? Reece, Jefferson and Gardner are the only ones that appear to be better than average.
Zuniga, a bunch more on the dline. Gardner, Reese, and Johnson were are pretty good as freshman on defense...especially against LSU, FSU, and a little on Bama

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zuniga, a bunch more on the dline. Gardner, Reese, and Johnson were are pretty good as freshman on defense...especially against LSU, FSU, and a little on Bama
I missed Zuniga. Clayton also shows promise. We're gonna need all of em to step up. I'm worried about replacing Wilson and Tabor. They've allowed us to play much more aggressive than normal.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good read. Sobering to an extent, but what we know. From the title, would have rather it been a Stones/Mick article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.