Making grown men cry

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I would say so on offense, but what is considered stepping up when you are out of the top 100?
On defense, Wilson, Tabor, Maye, Brantley, Davis and Anzalone were not Mac's guys. Who are we really talking about? Reece, Jefferson and Gardner are the only ones that appear to be better than average.

Add Clark, Cox, Bryan, Harris, Washington, McMillan, and Dawson.

Some of McElwain's recruits certainly added depth...but to say Muschamp's recruits didn't contribute "late in the season" is 100% wrong. Sure, Zuniga, CeCe, Polite and a few others added some quality to our D...but why wouldn't they? He's been here 2 years, so of course some of "his" recruits are going to play/start. I'm sure Harbaugh and all the other 2nd year coaches out there have some of "their" players contributing after only 2 years....it's college football, they only have 4 or 5 years (so 40% or 50% of their career). Silly statement saying Muschamp's D players didn't have a major part in the late season.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Next year will be interesting to watch. When Chimp pulled his 4-8 shytshow, the Pumpers banded together claiming it was only the worst string of injuries ever in the history of mankind to cause it. What will their excuse be this time?

And Muschamp was not fired the next year primarily because of his record. He was fired because the product he put on the field continued to be awful.

The same holds for McElwain. He was not hired only to win. He certainly was hired in part to win. But he was also hired for the reason Muschamp was fire. McElwain was hired to put an entertaining product on the field particularly including a productive and entertaining offense.

I think that is what makes so many UF fans uneasy about McElwain. We applaud him winning the East two years running. However we remember what McElwain seems to forget. The previous guy was fired and McElwain was hired to put a productive and entertaining offense on the field. He has done neither and he will soon be starting his 3rd year on the job.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Add Clark, Cox, Bryan, Harris, Washington, McMillan, and Dawson.

Some of McElwain's recruits certainly added depth...but to say Muschamp's recruits didn't contribute "late in the season" is 100% wrong. Sure, Zuniga, CeCe, Polite and a few others added some quality to our D...but why wouldn't they? He's been here 2 years, so of course some of "his" recruits are going to play/start. I'm sure Harbaugh and all the other 2nd year coaches out there have some of "their" players contributing after only 2 years....it's college football, they only have 4 or 5 years (so 40% or 50% of their career). Silly statement saying Muschamp's D players didn't have a major part in the late season.

Funny thing about Harbaught its almost all the prior coachs recruits doing it now but he has brought some good ones in supposedly for next seasons starters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.