Marlon Dunlap 6'4, 300lb DT transfers to UF

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
UNC football transfer Marlon Dunlap announces he'll play at Florida

Only minutes after landing 4-star 2018 RB Dameon Price on Sunday afternoon, the Florida Gators got some more good news.

Transferring North Carolina DT Marlon Dunlap has decided to join the Gators this year.

The sophomore defender, who appeared in four games for the Tar Heels as a freshman last season, announced his decision on Twitter.

Dunlap was a 3-star defensive tackle coming out of high school in 2016. In his four games with the Tar Heels last year, he recorded four tackles and picked up half a sack.

As a transfer, Dunlap will have to sit out the 2017 season, but will have three seasons of eligibility remaining when he is able to play starting next year.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...er-marlon-dunlap-announces-hell-play-florida/

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
That's awesome. It's really like getting a DT in the incoming 2018 class, except he will get to lift and learn the playbook

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We'll take him!

Any idea why he decided to leave after one year.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
YoungGunMountUp.jpg

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to Gator Nation Marlon!

:chomp: :chomp:

Too bad he can't play this year. We'll likely need him more this year than next. Either way, it seems like Mac is stocking up. I just hope we can still take who we want this year and taking him doesn't keep us from getting someone we'd rather take. I've got to trust the corches on that, of course.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If everything is equal, I'd rather not take transfers but we are still playing a catch up game with numbers and quality.....

Is a years experience worth another star?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope we can still take who we want this year and taking him doesn't keep us from getting someone we'd rather take.
There are going to be plenty of the bottom of the depth chart kids being encouraged to find another home.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like maybe depth...kind of a weird transfer. Methinks we won't be signing much at DT this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If everything is equal, I'd rather not take transfers but we are still playing a catch up game with numbers and quality.....

Is a years experience worth another star?

He will have to sit out this season. But he will have three years eligible starting next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator