Marlon Dunlap 6'4, 300lb DT transfers to UF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like maybe depth...kind of a weird transfer. Methinks we won't be signing much at DT this year.
Maybe.... but I'm hoping we don't sign much at DE. We have ten of them already. He looks quick enough to play SDE too, like Conliffe, and we have basically only one of those on the roster (Polite).

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Does this hurt us with the Potential D-tackle recruits we are targeting?

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Seems like maybe depth...kind of a weird transfer. Methinks we won't be signing much at DT this year.
signing 3 true DT was a start, but we still need to sign at least one more true DT this year to go along with this transfer. Any of Nesta, Sandidge, Miller, Coburn, Trout, Porter and I'd be happy. I didn't list Stills/Briggs types because I view those guys more as SDE not DT.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's as good as any other 3* DT out there and he'll basically get a redshirt year. It's a solid pick-up and I have zero problems with it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe.... but I'm hoping we don't sign much at DE. We have ten of them already. He looks quick enough to play SDE too, like Conliffe, and we have basically only one of those on the roster (Polite).
Don't forget Carter

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget Carter
I thought about that after I posted it. Then debated with myself a bit then got distracted by something else.

I view Carter as more of a WDE who can move to SDE (or vice versa) rather than a SDE who can move to DT. Make sense?

I'd really like to see us lining up with a 280 lb WDE and three 300 lbers at the other spots again. We haven't been a big boy football team for a while. It would be fun to scare teams on running downs again.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's as good as any other 3* DT out there and he'll basically get a redshirt year. It's a solid pick-up and I have zero problems with it.

Agree. Not sure why anyone would complain about landing a transfer DT. This kid has a lot of potential and played as a true freshman. He gets a full year in the program, to grow, lift, bond w/ his teammates, etc before he'll ever step on the field. Very good addition.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought about that after I posted it. Then debated with myself a bit then got distracted by something else.

I view Carter as more of a WDE who can move to SDE (or vice versa) rather than a SDE who can move to DT. Make sense?

I'd really like to see us lining up with a 280 lb WDE and three 300 lbers at the other spots again. We haven't been a big boy football team for a while. It would be fun to scare teams on running downs again.
ritalin2.jpeg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Actually. A redshirt sophomore. He'll be in his third year.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
still looks like he needs to transform his body more. Hopefully, he's serious about the weightroom

I hope you're right. From the pic shared in the chat box today, it appears his main focus of seriousness is at the dinner table. He looks like he still has all his baby fat and about 300lbs more.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
When I saw that we scored a DT transfer from UNC, I was so hoping it was Marvin Austin. Doesn't he have one year of college eligibility remaining:grin:?????;)

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think getting a guy who is a couple years out of HS and will be able to contribute next year is a good pickup.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Saw this on another board:

Dunlap is the cousin of the #1 RB in the 2019 class Quvaris Crouch? He's #17 in the composite rankings

http://247sports.com/Player/Quavaris-Crouch-92997

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article159499354.html

In the weight room, Crouch has increased his squat lift to 500 pounds and his bench press to 350. He started lifting weights in seventh grade, working with his cousin, Marlon Dunlap, a former West Charlotte High defensive lineman now at North Carolina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator