Mary Wise

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember both of them well. I had Mac for a basketball class and PA for baseball. These were classes PE majors had to take. They were buds that played racquetball on the old courts and many years later a plaque was put up with their names on it there. Of course all that was demolished by the UAA for the stadium parking years later. I remember back in the 70s when those courts were always full with someone waiting for each one. 3 wall racquetball was very popular.
In my mind, I still picture the three-wall courts as being there whenever I think of that stretch of University. Spent a lot of time on them as well as chasing balls that ran off them.

Man, did I learn to love fully enclosed courts.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My best friend (we graduated in 78 with Phys Ed degrees) was a high level racquetball player......his dream was to open a club down in Boca or Stuart ..........he kept telling me about 4 wall and one day I went in and MY GOD it was a totally different game. Santa Fe had a few inside four wall. The echos sounded like gun shots in there. An old Cuban guy in gville taught me how to play it. He would just walk around to where the ball would stop. I would be chasing the damnd thing early on.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ricochet City, baby!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Spoke to my father today, and he was raving about Weiss’ incoming class and said next year is the year he thought we’d actually have a chance to win it all. Said it’s the tallest team we’ll have under Mary, girls at 6’7, 6’5, 6’3 type. I don’t know much about volleyball, but the fact most top recruits go out west and it’s been incredible what she’s done in the SEC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.